The Rumors and Speculation Thread #5 (June 8: Bob McKenzie's rumors [page 27])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
phlocky said:
Hmmm, I seem to remember Jester and I wanting us to sign Vokoun to a 2-3 years deal and let Bobrovsky develope. I guess maybe that would have been a good idea seeing how well Bob played for a CBJ team that was even worse defensively than we were this year. HMMMM

Somewhere, Jester is gut-laughing.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
any news about Gagne?

Bill Meltzer recently wrote that he wouldn't be surprised if they use Gagne as more of a last resort type of option. For example, Holmer going after who he really wants, then if that doesn't pan out going for Gags. This makes sense to me. As personally, I am not as gung-ho on him being back as some of you.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Bill Meltzer recently wrote that he wouldn't be surprised if they use Gagne as more of a last resort type of option. For example, Holmer going after who he really wants, then if that doesn't pan out going for Gags. This makes sense to me. As personally, I am not as gung-ho on him being back as some of you.

If he's cheap he's the perfect bottom 6 forward. He still plays good defense, great speed and he can chip in goals.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
If he's cheap he's the perfect bottom 6 forward. He still plays good defense, great speed and he can chip in goals.

Comparing him to most other bottom six forwards, he would be very expensive. That is assuming he gets something like 2.25-2.75m. Also, anything more than a 1 year deal might be a stretch.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I just read this article on Couts offense and thought it was pretty good. A fair bit of statistics suggesting him playing with better linemates would lead to much higher output. Many of you seem quite resistant to this suggestion.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...rier-is-cool-please-dont-trade-him-for-yandle

This article basically sums up how I feel about having Voracek on a line with Giroux. Having those two together makes the game easier for each other but they are clearly our two best forwards with the abilities to make their linemates better.

If you establish couturier or schenn as our 2nd line center than Vorabeast has to be on that line to help the young centers out. He is capable of being the driving force behind a solid 2nd line. Voracek's presence is also why im an advocate of getting a play making winger in the draft like Shinkaruk because of just how valuable these players are to 2 way centers like Couturier .

RJ8812*

so that means Homer will be over paying for Clarkson? :sarcasm:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I've been too lazy to get an avatar here, but now I would like one that's a picture of Couturier with "Don't trade me, bro!" written on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad