The Rumors and Speculation Thread #5 (June 8: Bob McKenzie's rumors [page 27])

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Pantokrator

Pantokrator......just noticed where you are located: Semmes, Alabama. Not sure if they are related BUT Raphael Semmes, the most famous of all Confederate naval captains commanded the very notorious Confederate frigate raider: the Alabama. Raphael Semmes was the last Confederate high ranking officer to surrender with his ship, late 1865 or 1866. Pretty cool......I don't think Raphael was a hockey fan or player......;-))))

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Couturier talk I believe needs to relax a bit. Every person on the main board is a pro scout and knows the limits of all our young talent it seems. There was also reports that it seemed like some GM's were trying to convince Holmgren that Couts ceiling wasn't that high and he was better suited as a 3rd line center. I believe that was Murray from Ottawa when he asked for Couts for Bishop. If the right deal doesn't come along, and I mean for a young top end defender, hold on to Couts and watch the rest of the NHL and their fans hate what Couts develops into. Same said with Schenn. People forget these kids are 21 and 20, they are going to be inconsistent.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The window is from June 15th to June 30th in each summer.

I think it is actually June 15, or two days after the finals end to June 30th. Whichever is first. I read somewhere that it may only be a 48 hour window because of the way this season was (Game 7 I think is June 26 if necessary). Next season I think the window would be longer even if the Cup goes seven games because the schedule will be more normal than this year's.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think it is actually June 15, or two days after the finals end to June 30th. Whichever is first. I read somewhere that it may only be a 48 hour window because of the way this season was (Game 7 I think is June 26 if necessary). Next season I think the window would be longer even if the Cup goes seven games because the schedule will be more normal than this year's.

You sure? I'm asking that as a question, I really don't understand some of this stuff.

From CapGeek:
Teams have the ability to buy out contracts at a reduced cap hit from June 15 to 30 each year. They are also allowed two compliance buyouts in June 2013 and June 2014 that cost the team actual cash but have no salary cap consequences.

I would have to imagine no matter how obvious it is that teams will still wait it out to the deadline whenever that may be.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You sure? I'm asking that as a question, I really don't understand some of this stuff.

I'm not sure, just going by something I read. Haha. It was an article earlier today...

When do buyouts occur?
As of now, compliance buyouts are scheduled to take place over the same brief timeframe as ordinary buyouts: Starting the latter of June 15 or 48 hours after the final Stanley Cup Final game, and ending at 5 p.m. Eastern on June 30. However, because of the late start to this abbreviated season, the latest the final playoff game could be is June 28 -- and 48 hours from June 28 is June 30 (which is also the day of the NHL draft).

Thus, expect the NHL to clarify the buy-out period at some point in the coming weeks.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/quick-guide-nhls-compliance-buyouts

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Pantokrator......just noticed where you are located: Semmes, Alabama. Not sure if they are related BUT Raphael Semmes, the most famous of all Confederate naval captains commanded the very notorious Confederate frigate raider: the Alabama. Raphael Semmes was the last Confederate high ranking officer to surrender with his ship, late 1865 or 1866. Pretty cool......I don't think Raphael was a hockey fan or player......;-))))[/QUOT

Yes indeed, the town is named for Admiral Semmes - of course the adjective "notorious" depends on which side of the war you were on...;)

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I can't deal with that thread anymore. Or any of them.

Couturier is doomed to forever be a #3 center and has no upside worth mentioning at 20 years old.

Can't take it anymore. Forreal...Homer CAN'T trade Couturier. I see so much potential in him to be a cornerstone for yearssssssssssss.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
I stopped reading after a leafs fan said that L Schenn had lots of problems and he doubts a short year on a bad team would've fix them after a flyers fan claimed he was our bet d-man this year. I don't know what's worse, the fact that a leafs fans referred to the flyers as a bad team (I know they made the playoffs and the flyers didn't but come on be serious) or the fact that he developed most of his bad habits while in the leafs organization. What a bunch of...never mind :laugh:

Apparently, blindness is a bad habit.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I can't deal with that thread anymore. Or any of them.

Couturier is doomed to forever be a #3 center and has no upside worth mentioning at 20 years old.

Can't take it anymore. Forreal...Homer CAN'T trade Couturier. I see so much potential in him to be a cornerstone for yearssssssssssss.

You mean you don't think that Couturier just needs a change of scenery to improve his game?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
You mean you don't think that Couturier just needs a change of scenery to improve his game?

I'm saying maybe if Couturier finally gets good opportunity to play PP or in a less defensive-intensive role on a regular basis, he should be able to gain confidence in his offensive abilities and produce at the NHL level.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm saying maybe if Couturier finally gets good opportunity to play PP or in a less defensive-intensive role on a regular basis, he should be able to gain confidence in his offensive abilities and produce at the NHL level.

I agree. I was quoting one of the many bad-trade-offer posters whose proposed player and Couturier both could benefit from "a change of scenery".

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I agree. I was quoting one of the many bad-trade-offer posters whose proposed player and Couturier both could benefit from "a change of scenery".

Haha. Didn't pick up the sarcasm.

Yes. He and Burmistrov. It may help Burmy, but I think Coots doesn't. Silly CBJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad