Speculation: The return of the General: would it make you watch the games more?

Go back to the games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If they bring him back, I'd be happy mostly for his 1000th game and the possibility he retires as a Hab. However if he doesn't come back, I'm fine with that, too. I've moved on from him.

I had the same feeling for Plekanec. I was ready to move on from him. I didn't need him back to play his 1oooth game. But I'm also not upset he's back to hit that milestone as a Hab.

The unbearable lightness of being non-committal. :sarcasm:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
No interest in watching a 40 year old getting mishandled by Julien and getting in the way of ice time for whoever the hell it is they're trying to bring along.

Markov's last leg was probably last year. Nothing but the firing of Bergevin will help this team.

It won't change our fortunes for certain. Strictly for considerations of offering respect and added karma for the Habs, I'm all for it.

Markov's heart is in Montreal, and there's certainly room on this unfortunate D corps for him. I'd like to have one thing to really cheer for. That would do it for me, in what will surely be another agonizing season of boring, losing hockey.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It won't change our fortunes for certain. Strictly for considerations of offering respect and added karma for the Habs, I'm all for it.

Markov's heart is in Montreal, and there's certainly room on this unfortunate D corps for him. I'd like to have one thing to really cheer for. That would do it for me, in what will surely be another agonizing season of boring, losing hockey

Ditto

Reactions: groovejuice

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Markov will not do anything to help this team, if anything he will hinder the tank somewhat, we need to play the kids this season,

Who care about 1000 games, so you wanna bring him back to get all nostalgic on the 1000th game so the players can all cry, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya?

Them again, maybe they should because his 1000th games will be the best highlight of the entire season

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
With the rumors flying around that Markov might be coming back, would it make you watch the games again if you're like me and have loss all interest?

Disclaimer: I don't want to argue if he'll come back or not, they are rumors. Im simply interested by the question I asked.
He's 40 years old. What cna he add?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bring him back if the contract is right and we are able to possibly flip him at the deadline for a pick. He gets to play his 1000 game and we can allow Mete to play in the AHL to work on his shot and bulk up a bit.

A positive story for a change. Signing him for one year and telling him up front that if we struggle to make the playoffs, we want him to play his 1000 game as a Habs and we will move him to a contender for a pick before the deadline so he can possibly win a cup. Possible Win/Win for both sides.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No sorry, but I can't stand the non-stop brainwashing with the commercials and sponsors. I will most likely not watch any live sports in the next season. I may catch some streams where commercials are blanked, but for the rest it's a mental health issue for me.

Reactions: picodon

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
With the team that our moron GM has assembled, the only thing I enjoy and hope is that the team keeps sucking so we could get into a better draft position.
It's so pathetic what this organization has become

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
If we had a healthy Weber and I could be watching Weber/Markov paired together, then I would be more interested. Our PP would improve instantly.
To watch Markov with no good top line partner is much less exciting to me. I would tune in sometimes because it would be his swan song with us but ultimately I won't become a regular again until MB is gone.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Markov's heart is in Montreal, and there's certainly room on this unfortunate D corps for him. I'd like to have one thing to really cheer for. That would do it for me, in what will surely be another agonizing season of boring, losing hockey.

If there was a good time to add Markov, it's now. The team is in shambles, it's not as if they have that much better on the roster.

My only contention is that Julien would likely be overusing him which would eat into minutes that could best be used on young players needing experience. If not for this, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

Reactions: groovejuice

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I love how people say let's play the kids. Who the f*** are we going to play? Mete on the first pair again? Yeah, that worked out so great last time. Our defensemen prospect should NOT be playing in the NHL for the start of the season unless a miracle occurs. I could at least enjoy Markovs wizardry passes. I also doubt he hinders the tank. We don't have a Galchenyuk anymore that can just rifle one timers from him. Best part is that we can also flip him at the deadline so he can deserve to go and compete for a cup like Timonen.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Honestly this year there is nothing that will make me watch that team. Next year with Poehling Kotka and an other top 5 pick along with couple young dmen coming up I will definitively watch. But not enough NHL ready prospects this year.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It wouldn't make me watch the games more, but he'll always be a Hab to me. I hope he comes back to retire as a Hab.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I won't watch more because I already watch the games anyway.. Might be interesting if he comes back but I doubt it, I remember that RDS interview in Russia, he's turned the page..

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
It would make me want to watch less more than anything. Markov is a favorite of mine but this team should be icing prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad