Speculation: The return of the General: would it make you watch the games more?

Go back to the games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
With the rumors flying around that Markov might be coming back, would it make you watch the games again if you're like me and have loss all interest?

Disclaimer: I don't want to argue if he'll come back or not, they are rumors. Im simply interested by the question I asked.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No interest in watching a 40 year old getting mishandled by Julien and getting in the way of ice time for whoever the hell it is they're trying to bring along.

Markov's last leg was probably last year. Nothing but the firing of Bergevin will help this team.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
No interest in watching a 40 year old getting mishandled by Julien and getting in the way of ice time for whoever the hell it is they're trying to bring along.

Markov's last leg was probably last year. Nothing but the firing of Bergevin will help this team.
That’s the thing , a 40 year old Markov is better than anyone not named Weber or petry
f*** our D is awful

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
you know things are bad when the team hopes we rejoice over bringing back a 40 yr old. Maybe they can get Gonchar back as well? Is Mark Streit available?

Mathieu Schneider
Tomas Kaberle
Patrice Brisebois

:sarcasm:

Reactions: donghabs98

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I agree, he should have been here last year and what will the Bergevin defenders say about this? They were the ones that praised our great leader for cutting ties with Markov.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace

he will make zero difference but it would be nice to have somebody to like on this team

Reactions: Runner77 and DubDub

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
he will make zero difference but it would be nice to have somebody to like on this team

Interesting angle. True that as grumpy as he is, Markov is likeable and has embraced the city like no other. He'd be a mild balm on a team that has lost so much excitement with Subban, Radulov and Galchenyuk having been gone.

Reactions: lo striver

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Also if Markov performs and I’m sure he will...we can trade him for picks.

Win-Win

Markov gets his 1000th game and gets a chance to win the Stanley Cup

We get a good draft pick.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Don't remember reading anything credible about markov coming back. Markov is my top 3 fav habs of all-time, but he'd be counter productive, make us too good to completely tank, but not enough to make us a contender. People always underestimate Markov, I'd say he'd add a few wins on his own, even at 40.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If they bring him back, I'd be happy mostly for his 1000th game and the possibility he retires as a Hab. However if he doesn't come back, I'm fine with that, too. I've moved on from him.

I had the same feeling for Plekanec. I was ready to move on from him. I didn't need him back to play his 1oooth game. But I'm also not upset he's back to hit that milestone as a Hab.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad