Speculation: The return of the General: would it make you watch the games more?

Go back to the games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
If Markov was here last year..the same amount of seats would have been empty..the same amount of rating drop on TV...In no way shape or form does Markov bring tons more fans to the games..sorry(not Crosby or Ovy).....and yes i like to see him play 1000....but as like in real life some things are not meant to be for reasons out of our (fans)control....

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I want him to get his 1,000 games... but thats about it.

I like him and would want him back for that reason.

I share similar posters... I do want the habs to get any unnecessary points and I dont know how he would fit on our team.
Julien would probably throw him into top4 for sure. Bitter sweet I guess :dunno:

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
The timing was right to move on from Markov, so I don't want him to come back now. If he does, so be it, but I watch all the games I can no matter what so his involvement won't increase or decrease that level.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I honestly don't think that moving on from Markov was a problem. Going All-In on Alzner was a worse mistake and not re-signing Radulov may have actually helped to unmask the team's real weaknesses, something that Radulov alone wouldn't have cured anyhow.

I'm not saying that Bergevin did the wisest of things at the time -- he did screw himself and was left holding Johnny CapSpace for absolutely nothing -- but, in the end, losing Radulov had a greater effect on the team in the short term, IMO.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This is the first i notice/hear of this. I hadn't heard any rumors at all actually

Where are the rumors coming from? Is it true he might come back to play for us this season?

I voted yes.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Playing with a player of Markov's pedigree can only be good for the team, particularly the young Dmen. I really don't see a downside.

It's not like Markov will get the Habs to the 10th pick instead of the 4th.

I agree. If the Habs are going to have mete and juulsen (even Reilly) in the lineup, I think it's helpful to have a guy like Markov show them the way, particularly with Weber out for a long time.

There could be a circus like atmosphere this year, and Markov has seen it all, and knows how to deal with this market. He's a good guy to learn from on and off the ice.

Even if those guys don't make it, I'd still rather watch more of Markov, and less of of the other veterans aside from petry. It's going to be a tough year.... Throw the fans a nostalgic bone that can help nurture the prospects, if nothing else.

Reactions: groovejuice

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
With the bad blood that apparently happened between MB and Markov, I'm surprised he wants back.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This is the first i notice/hear of this. I hadn't heard any rumors at all actually

Where are the rumors coming from? Is it true he might come back to play for us this season?

I voted yes.

Apparently last year he was miserable in the KHL and wanted to come back around November. MB said no for some reason.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Well no. He can't come back until next season. He's under contract in the khl for the coming seasons.

That guy should have his jersey raised and I will forever hate marc for doing what he did....

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Habs will not be celebrating much this year, so having two players hit the 1000 game mark with the habs gives us something to celebrate this year. I was always a fan of Plec and Markov both always were dedicated to the organization Markov would never even consider UFA even when he could have walked for big money he signed with the habs. Bring him back, we have the cap space Let the young guys play in Laval where they will have a great team this year and hopefully develop a winning ATTITUDE.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I honestly don't think that moving on from Markov was a problem. Going All-In on Alzner was a worse mistake and not re-signing Radulov may have actually helped to unmask the team's real weaknesses, something that Radulov alone wouldn't have cured anyhow.

I'm not saying that Bergevin did the wisest of things at the time -- he did screw himself and was left holding Johnny CapSpace for absolutely nothing -- but, in the end, losing Radulov had a greater effect on the team in the short term, IMO.
The loss of Markov implies the terrible replacement. They go hand in hand.

As for unmasking weaknesses..our weaknesses were quite clear even with Radu here.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Apparently last year he was miserable in the KHL and wanted to come back around November. MB said no for some reason.

That report that he wanted to come back conflicts with what LeBrun and Jonathan Bernier reported last year when they got in touch with Markov (Bernier actually visited Markov in Russia). Markov said he was happy there and wanted to honor his two year contract with Kazan. Which is why I don't buy Pagnotta's story.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he would have to go through waivers if he was signed in November/December. So there is a good reason why MB said no.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->