Speculation: The return of the General: would it make you watch the games more?

Go back to the games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
would like to see Markov return to get his 1000 and then become D coach after words. Most players were better after playing with him. Guys I need something to get me to watch. All your posts 'like' counts are lower because I don't even feel a need to come on HF for the next twp seasons. This team is unlikable in the extreme!

I can't remember a time when I didn't care about at least 3 players on this team. I don't care about any including price and galley anymore.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Maybe I'm biased as a fan of the general but I see nothing but good coming from a habs all time favorite coming back to get his 1000th game and potentially retire with his long teem organization.

With the bore of a season we had last year this would at least give us something to look forward to. This will also show the young kids what it means to be a true Habs great. Markov is also 10 games until his thousand which means some prospects may still be with the team to view the ceremony.

I also dont foresee a 40 year old even with markovs pedigree making that much of a drastic impact. Maybe he plays well for 10-20 games but even the markov of old started to slow down at the end of a season.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Those who think Markov wouldn't be good didn't watch the Gagarin Cup last year. Guy was the leader from the backend on a massive underdog in Ak Bars, and the best defenseman on the team. He looks the exact same as he did when he was with us.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Those who think Markov wouldn't be good didn't watch the Gagarin Cup last year. Guy was the leader from the backend on a massive underdog in Ak Bars, and the best defenseman on the team. He looks the exact same as he did when he was with us.
Now if only we had a real good prospect for LD for Markov to help...Oh wait we needed a non centre winger more :(

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Interesting angle. True that as grumpy as he is, Markov is likeable and has embraced the city like no other. He'd be a mild balm on a team that has lost so much excitement with Subban, Radulov and Galchenyuk having been gone.
I remember the circle of love moment with PK and thought....this guy is having fun and these are good times. They sure F*'ed that up pretty quick.
Good times:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->