News Article: The Return of John Davidson (Dispatch confirms JD returning as President)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not my money so I say welcome back JD!

Nothing wrong with bringing in the organizational heft, and maybe he can help Jarmo think through some big decisions.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
I do think this helps keep Seth Jones.

However, as Jones mentioned in his post season presser, there is clearly a culture issue with the team with keeping talent and keeping players happy. Hiring JD not only reinforces the current culture thats put together, it doubles down on it.

Not necessarily. Maybe there was a massive shift once JD left. Not saying that this is the case just saying that it's a possibility

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I do think this helps keep Seth Jones.

However, as Jones mentioned in his post season presser, there is clearly a culture issue with the team with keeping talent and keeping players happy. Hiring JD not only reinforces the current culture thats put together, it doubles down on it.

Not necessarily. Maybe there was a massive shift once JD left. Not saying that this is the case just saying that it's a possibility

I don't think any of us can claim to know what has gone on since JD left but there is obviously some bad juju since that time.

Is it warranted or coincidental? Who knows, but I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel now and a path toward legitimacy again. I feel like this decision means the management/front office is serious about continuing to move forward as an organization.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Great news! I’m ecstatic JD is returning. When he left, followed by Zito, it left Jarmo as the sole voice and decision-making in hockey matters. JD arrives at a pivotal time for the franchise and gives me optimism.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
This is nothing short of shocking news to me, especially considering the challenges that this team is facing this offseason. We'll take all the help we can get though as we're sure as Hell going to need it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Maybe he's coming back to ax Jarmo. One can hope. Keep in mind many of Jarmo's moves happened under JD's watch. Brick by Brick is back. Oh boy. I can hardly wait.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Maybe he's coming back to ax Jarmo. One can hope. Keep in mind many of Jarmo's moves happened under JD's watch. Brick by Brick is back. Oh boy. I can hardly wait.

Why would he be coming back to fire one of the only guys he knows remaining with the organization, who he also hired?

Reactions: LJ7201

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I wonder how this happened. Did Jarmo actually invite him back? I find that not likely. Did JD pull an end run around Jarmo and go directly to Priest or McConnell? Anyway there are more voices back in the front office of hockey operations and that can only be an improvement.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I think we needed another voice in the room but didn't think it would be JD.
Will be interesting to see what happens, I'm not big on recycling, so the thought of JD or Gallant or Foligno has never been terribly exciting to me, but I do think the new voice will help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I wonder how this happened. Did Jarmo actually invite him back? I find that not likely. Did JD pull an end run around Jarmo and go directly to Priest or McConnell? Anyway there are more voices back in the front office of hockey operations and that can only be an improvement.
Or maybe McConnell contacted JD and he is coming back with the Rangers picking up the bulk of his pay
Not everything is nefarious

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
This seems entirely rational to me. And I take that to be a good thing!

Now let's get GG behind the bench and turn this ship around!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Except his original position in New York was color man with Sam Rosen on the Ranger broadcasts. He wasn't in management.
Actually his original position with the Rangers was goaltender.

If you want to be technical we’re his third choice as he never would have came here if St Louis didn’t let him go
Technically you don't know if that's true. He chose to leave the CBJ for the Rangers so yes he chose the Rangers over the CBJ. But as far as we know he never chose the Blues job over the CBJ job (they just gave him his first opportunity). Now...if St Louis and Columbus both approached him after Dolan fired him and he chose St Louis then we would have maybe been his third choice.

On a side note...ironically JD only played for two teams. We all know he was the long time Rangers goalie but he started his career in...St Louis. Kinda ironic...huh?

Reactions: CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad