Post-Game Talk: The Real Deal With Jordan Weal! - Habs win 3-1 vs WPG

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
He should be. Like others have said, the era in which he scored his goals is certainly not the same as some of the other greats. Imagine what Ovie would have done in the 80's?
Whats so impressive to me about him above all is how healthy the guy has managed to stay, and we all know he doesn't play soft, I mean the guy has hardly missed any games to speak of.

I still don't think he is the greatest goal scorer of all time in terms of pure all round scoring goals ability though, that would still be Mario for me but all things considered career wise he's got a damn good case.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That's an interesting question, you know bergy will be looking to keep him.

Keep Weal on a short term deal. If he fades next year, then that's okay.

As it stands, he's been what we were hoping for from Peca, and maybe even more.

Reactions: Dick Duff

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Whats so impressive to me about him above all is how healthy the guy has managed to stay, and we all know he doesn't play soft, I mean the guy has hardly missed any games to speak of.

I still don't think he is the greatest goal scorer of all time in terms of pure all round scoring goals ability though, that would still be Mario for me but all things considered career wise he's got a damn good case.
Health equals consistency. Mario or even jagr had some amazing skill(kovy too) but ovie doesnt even have a lot of multiple goal scoring games. He just finds the net a lot, quietly. He isnt as flashy as mario could be, and both were big guys.

Skill wise he may not be the best, really that might even be richard, however there are ONLY butterfly goalies now. Even when mario played there was a lot of standup goalies. I loved that style( far more interesting) but easier to score on overall.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

He has been a freak in that regard. He used to dish out some devastating hits and although he doesn't do that as often anymore he is still a physical threat any time he is on the ice. One of my favorite players in the league for a very long time. I was happy to see him finally win the cup last year. Not much said about him now on HNIC.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
He has been a freak in that regard. He used to dish out some devastating hits and he doesn't do that as often anymore he is still a physical threat any time he is on the ice. One of my favorite players in the league for a very long time. I was happy to see him finally win the cup last year. Not much said about him now on HNIC.
He's certainly earned my respect, the guy loves to play.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
He has been a freak in that regard. He used to dish out some devastating hits and although he doesn't do that as often anymore he is still a physical threat any time he is on the ice. One of my favorite players in the league for a very long time. I was happy to see him finally win the cup last year. Not much said about him now on HNIC.
Finally shut up the nay sayers. Except maybe cherry.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Shots were something like 40-20 habs, but I don't know if anyone really stuck out for the habs. Armia, and Domi were decent. Petry had a tidy game.

But I think I would give the player of the game to price, despite the long stretches of nothing. He was really clutch late in the 3rd period. Jets were way too close to tying it twice in the dying moments.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Shots were something like 40-20 habs, but I don't know if anyone really stuck out for the habs. Armia, and Domi were decent. Petry had a tidy game.

But I think I would give the player of the game to price, despite the long stretches of nothing. He was really clutch late in the 3rd period. Jets were way too close to tying it twice in the dying moments.

I thought Domi stood out in a big way.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

The Jets certainly didn't play a great game tonight.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
If Ovie was Alex Smith from Kingston Ontario I am confident in saying that Don's impression of him would be much different.
If it was alex o' brian he would be a good irish lad, broth of awesome etc etc etc. Be like him kids. Could you imagine alex O'brian playing for the bruins? Dude could be a head hunter and celebrate goals like a jerk and still cherry would say nothing...or right thats pretty much marshand minus the irish last name.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Leafs need only ONE point in their last four games to clinch their 3rd spot in the division.

Leafs play Hurricanes Tuesday (in Toronto). Hurricanes also play Pens tomorrow (start 5 pm for some reason). That's 2 tough games for them. Carolina might be a team we can still catch.

The only thing I don't want is a 3 pt game in either of those 2 games. Someone needs to win in regulation.

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I thought Domi stood out in a big way.

I wouldn't argue against it. He had his moments.

I really underrated his speed coming into this season, and more importantly, it doesn't look like the season has worn him down at all, despite playing a new, and difficult position.

These signals bode well for the habs going forward with Max.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If it was alex o' brian he would be a good irish lad, broth of awesome etc etc etc. Be like him kids. Could you imagine alex O'brian playing for the bruins? Dude could be a head hunter and celebrate goals like a jerk and still cherry would say nothing...or right thats pretty much marshand minus the irish last name.
If Alex O'Brien played for the habs he would be viewed in a similar fashion to Ovechkin that plays for the caps.:laugh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs play Hurricanes Tuesday (in Toronto). Hurricanes also play Pens tomorrow (start 5 pm for some reason). That's 2 tough games for them. Carolina might be a team we can still catch.

The only thing I don't want is a 3 pt game in either of those 2 games. Someone needs to win in regulation.

For those that are looking to grasp at anything, it's that the jackets and canes still have back to backs to play.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Honestly, I think the team to aim for is Carolina, not Columbus. Columbus is packed with talent, playing great, and finishing the season against the Rangers and the Senators.

Carolina's last 4 games: Pittsburgh, Toronto, New Jersey, Philadelphia. Pittsburgh and Toronto have both something to play for. All we can hope is that the Canes lose those two games and the Habs win out. That would mean Montreal (98 pts) and Carolina (97 pts).

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Honestly, I think the team to aim for is Carolina, not Columbus. Columbus is packed with talent, playing great, and finishing the season against the Rangers and the Senators.

Carolina's last 4 games: Pittsburgh, Toronto, New Jersey, Philadelphia. Pittsburgh and Toronto have both something to play for. All we can hope is that the Canes lose those two games and the Habs win out. That would mean Montreal (98 pts) and Carolina (97 pts).

Ur trying hard

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Jackets play back to back this weekend but tomorrow it's freaking Buffalo, who suck. Columbus has the easiest schedule.
2 sets of back X backs is never easy
The rangers on Friday night will be a bitch
The sens will not be an easy out
The bruins are the bruins
Ok buffalo is horrible

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad