The Quarantine Canteen Jukebox AKA The Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Put Jeff Buckley's Grace on for myself this evening.

Been going through the canon/catalogue/collection with my kids lately but when he came up... I put a little sticky-note in the back of my head to remind myself to listen to the full album as it had been awhile.

aguineapig

Thought of this after watching Big, Bad and Bobby. A song remembering a special time from the past. Ray wrote the song about he and Dave's Big Sister Rene who died one night at a local palais (dance hall ) from a medical condition when the boys were teens. She had given Ray his first guitar. Now when I hear this song, I think of when they knocked down the old Garden.

The day they knocked down the Garden
My sister stood and cried
Part of my childhood died
Just died

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia

Thought of this after watching Big, Bad and Bobby. A song remembering a special time from the past. Ray wrote the song about he and Dave's Big Sister Rene who died one night at a local palais (dance hall ) from a medical condition when the boys were teens. She had given Ray his first guitar. Now when I hear this song, I think of when they knocked down the old Garden.

My sister stood and cried
Part of my childhood died
Just died

Always liked this one from the feuding brothers...

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Put Jeff Buckley's Grace on for myself this evening.

Been going through the canon/catalogue/collection with my kids lately but when he came up... I put a little sticky-note in the back of my head to remind myself to listen to the full album as it had been awhile.

I've not investigated Jeff Buckley but understand many admire him.

Reactions: b in vancouver

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Definitely ferocious!

I'd say so. And, she has a major thing about animals.

Middle_cyclone_album_cover.jpg

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I've not investigated Jeff Buckley but understand many admire him.

'Lover, You Should Have Come Over'
Every time I hear it, this makes me just shut off the world. Just the most raw beautiful singing. An exposed nerve. Touch base if you do give him a hear.

I'm not really a 'singer/songwriter' guy as compared to punk rock roots - but he's next level. Just hypnotic.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
'Lover, You Should Have Come Over'
Every time I hear it, this makes me just shut off the world. Just the most raw beautiful singing. An exposed nerve. Touch base if you do give him a hear.

I'm not really a 'singer/songwriter' guy as compared to punk rock roots - but he's next level. Just hypnotic.

Shall investigate. Thank you.

Reactions: b in vancouver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad