The Quarantine Canteen Jukebox AKA The Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

If you were anybody who wanted to be a somebody, well then nobody could miss this show. Dick Clark and Bandstand had the slick production, but Shindig was where you got the hair, the clothes and the dance moves. Don't have to worry about the hair anymore, clothes are pajamas, dance moves would put me in traction, but there was a time.

Little Eva Locomotion Shindig 1965

They recorded show in LA and London. Here's the boys from London
The Beatles - I'm A Loser (Shindig 1964)

Mick and Brian introduce their mentor Howlin Wolf, you'd never get that on Bandstand

Howlin' Wolf on Shindig Broadcast Date May 20, 1965

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I like this power ballad off the Pump album.

UCONN spring concert my junior year. Two acts I hadn't heard of. Went to a party instead. My girlfriend (now wife) went and I asked how the show was. She said the band from Boston was really loud. But the Jewish guy from New Jersey was very good.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PatEynaDidk

By this time Randy Bachman was gone off to BTO, this was next to last album with Burton. The guitar player co wrote this one. His name ? Domenic Troiano. Sound like anyone you know from here (Lost Peanut)?

And of course Randy did this band called Brave Belt in between there someplace. Thankfully Fred Turner came along to put the Rock back into the sound.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
91EdcPAlDpL._SL1300_.jpg

Sorry if I'm duplicating

I shall be released

Reactions: TinyRivers

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Smart move to stay out of the politics here. Or most anywhere besides the voting booth. I'd rather listen to Townes.

There's a hole heaven where some sin slips through
Close your eyes and dream real steady
Maybe just a little will spill on you

Not sure I'd rather listen to Townes. Depressing stuff and I'm depressed enough.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

If you were anybody who wanted to be a somebody, well then nobody could miss this show. Dick Clark and Bandstand had the slick production, but Shindig was where you got the hair, the clothes and the dance moves. Don't have to worry about the hair anymore, clothes are pajamas, dance moves would put me in traction, but there was a time.

Little Eva Locomotion Shindig 1965

They recorded show in LA and London. Here's the boys from London
The Beatles - I'm A Loser (Shindig 1964)

Mick and Brian introduce their mentor Howlin Wolf, you'd never get that on Bandstand

Howlin' Wolf on Shindig Broadcast Date May 20, 1965

Howlin' Wolf was amazing.

Now, I don't want to incite the PC Police, but Keith Richard had this to say when assaying why white teens didn't glom onto black blues legends in the 60s,

"One, they were old. Two, they were black. Three, they were ugly."

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Reactions: GordonHowe

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad