Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
So it almost seems like the shoulder injury is worse than the concussion . . . or is that just spin?

Last year it was mono, this year it's head and shoulder (sounds like a dandruff shampoo).
Poor guy, he's not a flake but he can't catch a break.

He's a Canuck now, it is what it is.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
So it almost seems like the shoulder injury is worse than the concussion . . . or is that just spin?

Last year it was mono, this year it's head and shoulder (sounds like a dandruff shampoo).

Hopefully the Canucks don't just dust him off.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He's a Canuck now, it is what it is.

Is there now officially a Canucks prospect curse?....McCann is just the latest....Virtanen, bad shoulder; Shinkaruk, hip surgery; Demko, double hip-surgery; Cassels, mono; and Pedan, multiple concussions....it's the curse of J.J. Daigneault, I tell you.:rant:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Well Virtanen had the injury before we picked him and everyone knew of it so we can't really blame that one on a curse. The others though I agree with.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I thought I heard something about that but didn't realize it was bugging him for that long. Pretty risky picks by big Jim.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

I have some news for you... :sarcasm:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Who better to mentor them through this!

I know this was tongue in cheek but I'm sick of reading the word "mentor" around here nowadays (when used seriously). It's the most overrated buzzword used to defend a bunch of poor moves based on character and intangibles only.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
I know this was tongue in cheek but I'm sick of reading the word "mentor" around here nowadays (when used seriously). It's the most overrated buzzword used to defend a bunch of poor moves based on character and intangibles only.

How do you feel about "The Human Mentorpede"? I can't take credit (Proto+???) but I like it.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Kyle Pettit centering the top line in practice today (although Strome will take that spot when he returns).

He's looked good in camp thus far, looks faster and showing some more offensive flair.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Kyle Pettit centering the top line in practice today (although Strome will take that spot when he returns).

He's looked good in camp thus far, looks faster and showing some more offensive flair.

I definitely didn't like the Pettit pick at the time, but he started to impress last year
Hopefully he can keep that up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad