Confirmed with Link: The Prospects Challenge is set for September 15-18 at Harborcenter - BUF, BOS, MTL, NJ, OTT, & PIT

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mastadon is open to registration and very empty. I don't see people moving to a twitter-like platform. You almost never see imitations gain traction. Something novel will come along and that will grow.

"Threads" started up and took off like a wild fire... then in less than a month they lost half of their user base.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
"Threads" started up and took off like a wild fire... then in less than a month they lost half of their user base.
That was because they auto-imported all your Instagram follows into Threads. It allowed for a bump. But, most of my Twitter interactions are really different than on Instagram. So, that doesn't work so well for me. My guess is that is the case for a lot of people and that is why Threads is going to have a slower build than the initial bump indicated.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
It will be interesting for sure. I'm glad that Poulin is back in hockey, it was sad to see him have to sit out a year of his young career. Even though he's not shown much.

Kulich Man

Oh Jeah!!
Dec 7, 2022
Fifteen prospects from this year's board poll. Last year had 11.

2022​
2023​
Savoie (4)
Kulich (6)
Rosen (9)
Kisakov (12)
Kozak (15)
Rousek (17)
Lindgren (18)
Bloom (19)
Nadeau (20)
Cederqvist (22)
Weissbach (23)
Benson (2)
Kulich (3)
Savoie (4)
Rosen (6)
Johnson (7)
Novikov (9)
Neuchev (11)
Kozak (14)
Komorov (15)
Kisakov (16)
Nadeau (17)
Lindgren (19)
Cederqvist (21)
Miedema (22)
Ratzlaff (24)

Komorov played but wasn't ranked. Rousek and Weissbach leveled up. Bloom traded.

Loooaded. :nod:

Reactions: Dingo44

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Looking forward to this getting started!!
Too bad for Komarov though. What a jam packed group we have. For sure there will be some crazy moves made.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Looking forward to this getting started!!
Too bad for Komarov though. What a jam packed group we have. For sure there will be some crazy moves made.

Fun fact: Komarov was one of only four right shot players on the Prospect Challenge roster.

Reactions: beerme1

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20230913_221853_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Club

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Be more patient than impatient fans want him to be.
I do see how my rather short comments leave the door open for different narratives to make an appearance. I'm not looking to rush anyone.

I'm asking where all this elite talent lands over the next 3-5 years. Where the sabres have picked, and their overall improvement of drafting in general characterizes this pool of prospects as having some of the highest probability of making a pro roster. In fact, the Sabres are so good at this now, one or two of them will break the curve and arrive early.

I know it's a good problem to have, but I haven't seen any credible mapping of assets to pro rosters on any timeline. That would be interesting. There is going to be friction and a lack of roster spots. This is a very unique situation and I don't know how much precedent there is for a GM to manage such a unique pool of talent.

Reactions: HOOats

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I do see how my rather short comments leave the door open for different narratives to make an appearance. I'm not looking to rush anyone.

I'm asking where all this elite talent lands over the next 3-5 years. Where the sabres have picked, and their overall improvement of drafting in general characterizes this pool of prospects as having some of the highest probability of making a pro roster. In fact, the Sabres are so good at this now, one or two of them will break the curve and arrive early.

I know it's a good problem to have, but I haven't seen any credible mapping of assets to pro rosters on any timeline. That would be interesting. There is going to be friction and a lack of roster spots. This is a very unique situation and I don't know how much precedent there is for a GM to manage such a unique pool of talent.
Whenever people try and map out a future path for prospects it falls apart because it never can reasonably account for the variability in how quickly, or how slowly, individual prospects develop. And even more importantly, it does not account for what trade offers get made in the future that turn out to be something that the GM decides to pull the trigger on.

For instance, a year ago, many would have felt confident in slotting Josh Bloom as a future bottom 6 forward and PKer. But, he's gone to Vancouver for Stillman.

It will be hard to know whether they move NHLers to create space for the current crop of prospects. Or, if they move prospects to fill in gaps in the NHL roster. Only time will tell.

All we know for sure is that they have way more top 6 to top 9 forwards under team control over the next 4-5 years than will fit on the NHL roster. But, Adams was more patient this off season than many hoped. It will be interesting to watch how long that patience lasts. But, it has already lasted longer than many feel comfortable with.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
It's an interesting problem to have, that's for sure.
I think more of these guys end up bottom six guys than people expect. We think they’ll all be 70pt scoring line forwards, but the reality is, there’s a pretty good chance any of the guys like Savoie, Kulich and Ostlund end up at their floor of 3rd line complementary players. Not my sweet boy Zach though. He won’t let me down.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad