Confirmed with Link: The Prospects Challenge is set for September 15-18 at Harborcenter - BUF, BOS, MTL, NJ, OTT, & PIT

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

Now that they have six teams I'd love to see an actual tournament and not just a bunch of games.

I also hope the Sabres stream their games as well as they did the 3-on-3 prospects game.

Sabres would have to be the favorite.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Now that they have six teams I'd love to see an actual tournament and not just a bunch of games.

I also hope the Sabres stream their games as well as they did the 3-on-3 prospects game.

Jersey has a good group

Tho I doubt Hughes and Nemec play

Reactions: Chainshot

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Roster projections:

1689693942591.png

Past Results:

1689693965371.png

Winning Sabres teams:

1689694001354.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

With it only being 4 days long, it's hard to do a tournament. If they had 8 teams and a few days more, then they could probably do something where they have two 4 team pools, each team plays 3 pool games, and then they crossover for the 1st (1st vs 1st), 3rd (2nd vs 2nd), 5th (3rd vs 3rd), & 7th (4th vs 4th) place games.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
With it only being 4 days long, it's hard to do a tournament. If they had 8 teams and a few days more, then they could probably do something where they have two 4 team pools, each team plays 3 pool games, and then they crossover for the 1st (1st vs 1st), 3rd (2nd vs 2nd), 5th (3rd vs 3rd), & 7th (4th vs 4th) place games.

Two 3 team groups. Each plays each other.

Group 1 first vs. Group 2 first
Group 2 second vs. Group 2 second
Group 3 third vs. Group 3 third

Tournament-esque and every team plays 3 different teams over 4 days.

Reactions: Dingo44

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Just so people appreciate what's likely to happen in terms of roster comp:

Benson Savoie Neuchev

You're getting 2/3rds of the best line in the WHL, with a nutso explosive russian offensive machine significantly better than McClennon.

Rosen-Kulich-Rousek
Cederqvist-Kozak-Kisakov

That's most of the middle six of the AHL team that just went 6 games in the conference final.

Miedema - Schultz - Nadeau

How about a line of big CHLers, with skill!, to make the Lancaster dads happy.

R.Johnson - Metsa

A recent 1st round pick and a NCAA champion who was bomb for the Amerks in the playoffs

Novikov - Komarov

Two giant Russians who've played well above their draft status.

Lindgren - Jandric

A couple of well-skating intriguing players.

Ratzlaff

A backup of the WHL champion who was drafted ahead of the starter

(Maybe Levi? So adding a top 2-3 goalie prospect in the world, and also my favorite competitive psycho on the team??)

This is possibly the best roster we'll ever have at one of these. Don't miss it.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Two 3 team groups. Each plays each other.

Group 1 first vs. Group 2 first
Group 2 second vs. Group 2 second
Group 3 third vs. Group 3 third

Tournament-esque and every team plays 3 different teams over 4 days.
With only two pool games, the seeding isn't as clean as with groups of 4 with 3 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad