Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXIX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Dmitry Zhukenov having a very nice season

34 games - 9 goals and 23 assists - 32pts - 57% in the dot.

I think Benning wants to go with a center by committee system with no real #1 or #2 center man - easy to sign them as well as they will all have the same numbers production wise

Pascal Laberge is a guy who would fit in as the 4th center in that system ... lays it all on the line
plays for Victoriaville in the Q

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Examples please

Vey, Sbisa last season.

Putting Miller in the post season despite being obviously still injured.

Wasting contract spot on Stewart over Zalewski.

Keeping Stewart when he is not even good enough for junior and sending Fox and McEneny down without even letting them go through the AHL preseason.

Keeping Bart, Sbisa on the roster despite Biega playing much better in the preseason.

Sbisa over Stanton even when Sbisa was playing worse than dog ****.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Can't edit, for Fox and McEneny, they didn't even let them start AHL preseason. Their fate were pretty predetermined, didn't even have a chance to show anything.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
Vey, Sbisa last season.

Keeping Stewart when he is not even good enough for junior and sending Fox and McEneny down without even letting them go through the AHL preseason.

Keeping Bart, Sbisa on the roster despite Biega playing much better in the preseason.

Lol most of these "examples" are coaching issues not Benning issues. I'll give you anything Stewart related as i too think that is a disaster but the rest aren't really gm problems.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Lol most of these "examples" are coaching issues not Benning issues. I'll give you anything Stewart related as i too think that is a disaster but the rest aren't really gm problems.

Sbisa was unscratchable regardless of how bad he was. Bartkwoski as well.

Miller is obviously favored over 2 goalies that played better than him.

Vey is probably just a WD obsession but that WD is apart of this management group and is the most obvious exhibit of favoritism.

There was this crap we claimed from Arizona last season, forgot his name but he was also favored over Kass in terms of opportunities.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Vey, Sbisa last season.

First point I'll give you, no argument whatsoever. But almost every coach has a few guys like this.

Miller was only bad in Game 6, and he was a better option than Lack was in the postseason.

The third point I'll give you, but you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Chances are neither becomes an overly-impactful AHL player, let alone an NHL player.

Stewart played 4 ****ing games in Utica, it's not like he was gifted a whole season in Utica. Again, making a mountain out of a molehill.

This choice may not look good now, but Sbisa and Bartkowski were actually good in the preseason. Biega, at least in my opinion, was underwhelming.

Let's not act like Stanton was anything special. He had terrible possession numbers, and wasn't misused like how Sbisa was.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015

Vey is probably just a WD obsession but that WD is apart of this management group and is the most obvious exhibit of favoritism.

There was this crap we claimed from Arizona last season, forgot his name but he was also favored over Kass in terms of opportunities.
If you would stop to think for a minute you'd probably realize that was because Kassian is a coke adict and is now in the AHL

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
If you would stop to think for a minute you'd probably realize that was because Kassian is a coke adict and is now in the AHL

If he did Coke last season he would've been in stage 2 automatically. This has been beaten to death in the other thread.

Anyway I listed a bunch of examples already and to be honest, that covers like 80% of the players Bennkng acquired.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015

I think you're confused of who makes the game to game roster decisions. That is a COACHING thing. Not Benning. Your argument is that Benning favors his guys over Gillis guys but all you've talked about is Willies horrible lineup decisions

Nov 1, 2011
If he did Coke last season he would've been in stage 2 automatically. This has been beaten to death in the other thread.

You are hilarious.

A lot of guys in the show do coke but aren't in strage 2. Jared Stoll took the heat for 6 guys last year so that the rest of then could have deniability.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You are hilarious.

A lot of guys in the show do coke but aren't in strage 2. Jared Stoll took the heat for 6 guys last year so that the rest of then could have deniability.

Well you have to go into stage 1 first before they kick you to stage 2.

We know Kass has been in stage 1 so we know he is under more strict restrictions. And we can probably guess since it's a substance abuse program, taking Coke is a no no and would break the rules and hence automatic stage 2.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
please stop killing my soul and ruining every thread about Benning vs old Management or Kassian or 5 pages about how Mackenzie Stewart sucks.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
I think you're confused of who makes the game to game roster decisions. That is a COACHING thing. Not Benning. Your argument is that Benning favors his guys over Gillis guys but all you've talked about is Willies horrible lineup decisions

Wrong. The coach is doing only what it needs to keep his job, ie, playing the crap that Benning trade for, just to save face. This is well beyond lineup decisions and don't think that you can justify any of that.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

It just happens that Sbisa and Bart and Miller and Vey are Benning acquired players and they all seem to be unscratchable to a certain degree.

Anyway since this is a prospect thread.

Look at Fox's case.
Utica needs scoring.
Utica are down a couple of guys due to callups.
Fox is putting up points in the E.

Logically you would call up the leading scorer from the E who is still a Vancouver prospect especially when now is kinda a time of need, right?

You want to come up with a logical reason why that is not happening.
We can rule out performance since Fox is performing. We can rule out not enough room since the Canucks are calling guys up left and right.
So what is left? Oh wait, he wasn't signed by Benning.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I thought scoring below a PPG in the Q post draft is a pretty bad sign.

You may be right. However, Zhukenov was above 1 PPG in December in very consistent fashion (he had at least a point in every game). I think that's not too bad for a guy who has had to adjust to a smaller ice surface and a foreign culture. Let's see if he can keep it up.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You may be right. However, Zhukenov was above 1 PPG in December in very consistent fashion (he had at least a point in every game). I think that's not too bad for a guy who has had to adjust to a smaller ice surface and a foreign culture. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Yeah i guess the more important thing is that he progressively gets better.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
I don't think it's so cut and dry actually. Reading Section 4 of this (admittedly old) document <link>, states a player will be elevated from Stage 1 to Stage 2 if the player violates the Stage 1 treatment or follow-up care program in the opinion of the Program Doctors OR in the event of a controlled substance conviction. It also makes mention of an "Active Phase" of the treatment (most drug addiction programs are at least 90 days), so as long as he does his treatment -- he's clear. 90 days drug free, "I've turned over a new leaf!" and then relapse. Add to that the following quotes:

.. and I think you have a player who's been in Stage 1 a few times over a prolonged period and has ended up with a few relapses -- enough to build a pattern / reputation. I don't think you can make the argument that he was an addict once and an angel after that because he didn't get elevated to Stage 2 with the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad