The Pro Tank Thread I Post #621

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
There is nothing passive aggressive about my statements in this thread. They are aggressive statements.

People who come in here to argue against the tank or mock pro tank posters are not welcome and should not be welcome any more than my posting on the leafs board to mock leaf fans or my posting in the whitecaps thread to mock soccer fans.

Discussions are already heavily segregated here. This is nothing new. Until we abolish moderation (of which I would be in favor) and allow people to post however they please, consistency needs to be applied.
I wasn't reacting to or commenting on your statements. In fact, I don't think I read your statements. Agreed on the last point.

I do think that the act of making aggressive statements while enforcing that dissenting statements in defense of that are unwelcome in the thread is inherently passive aggressive, though. Not sure if that's what you're suggesting.

I don't agree that a non-leaf-fan posting on the leafs board to question the behavior of leaf fans should be unwarranted or discouraged, though.

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I wasn't reacting to or commenting on your statements. In fact, I don't think I read your statements. Agreed on the last point.

I do think that the act of making aggressive statements while enforcing that dissenting statements in defense of that are unwelcome in the thread is inherently passive aggressive, though. Not sure if that's what you're suggesting.

I don't agree that a non-leaf-fan posting on the leafs board to question the behavior of leaf fans should be unwarranted or discouraged, though.

Whether it should be or shouldn't be is irrelevant though. It undisputedly is, and I would not get away with it.

Reactions: geebaan

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Whether it should be or shouldn't be is irrelevant though. It undisputedly is, and I would not get away with it.
It's entirely relevant to the sentiment I communicated, which was that I despise that system and don't support it in principle, even though it's agreed upon.

In the non-leaf fan example, in isolation, the non-leaf fan's behavior would be reasonable and everybody else who defensively rejects that behavior would not, IMO. The reality is that the latter gets to have it their way because they're the majority, but I think it's a pretty rotten mentality to encourage that we all go along with, personally.

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It's entirely relevant to the sentiment I communicated, which was that I despise that system and don't support it in principle, even though it's agreed upon.

In the leaf fan example, in isolation, the leaf fan's behavior would be reasonable and everybody else who defensively rejects that behavior would not, IMO. The reality is that the latter gets to have it their way because they're the majority, but I think it's a pretty rotten mentality to encourage that we all go along with, personally.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad