Speculation: The Price for Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If Vegas falls short again the playoffs because of lack of offense how close is Marchessault+ Glass/Krebs+ Morozov/Dorofeyev+ Hague+ 2 1sts?

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Kakko, Lafreniere and a 1st seems to be reasonable and if I'm Buffalo, I wouldn't trade him for anything less than something similar to that package. But will any other team be willing to match a return like that?

As a Flyers fan (I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship btw), I will take a stab at it...

2021 1st, 2022 1st, Voracek, Gostisbehere, Patrick

I feel like the value is close but maybe the players the Sabres get are too much of a project. If any of the players don't work out after the trade I think there's good trade value which could be enticing for Buffalo. And perhaps Gostisbehere isn't a quality enough player and shouldn't be included. If that were to be the case I would up it to Sanheim.

The Flyers have the depth to make this trade work or maybe I'm just a homer. But I would give up just about any player on the Flyers to acquire a dynamic, franchise center, even if he is a bit of a punk.

Any good?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Kakko, Lafreniere and a 1st seems to be reasonable and if I'm Buffalo, I wouldn't trade him for anything less than something similar to that package. But will any other team be willing to match a return like that?

As a Flyers fan (I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship btw), I will take a stab at it...

I feel like the value is close but maybe the players the Sabres get are too much of a project. If any of the players don't work out after the trade I think there's good trade value which could be enticing for Buffalo. And perhaps Gostisbehere isn't a quality enough player and shouldn't be included. If that were to be the case I would up it to Sanheim.

The Flyers have the depth to make this trade work or maybe I'm just a homer. But I would give up just about any player on the Flyers to acquire a dynamic, franchise center, even if he is a bit of a punk.

Any good?
Buffalo won't be interested in so many "future" assets. They have no reason to trade Eichel, he's under contract for many years to come. If a trade were to happen, given the Sabres 10+ years of wondering in the wilderness, it's going to be a hockey trade, they're not interested in potential, and quantity for quality is sure to be a no go.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
And if #2 doesnt happen? You keep a disgruntled player who may not even want to play for you, or sulks around ruining your dressing room and his value even more? No.
It’s not only that. That’s why it’s silly to even discuss a deal for another year or so. If Eichel wants out, more things will leak. Then buffalo has to deal him. They aren’t stupid enough to let his NMC kick in while he’s disgruntled. Then he can dictate where he wants to play and the Sabres would have no choice but to take 50 cents on the dollar.

like I said a year minimum before buffalo entertains dealing him. If he’s wants out more by the end of this year, then the clock would be ticking for the Sabres to get the best package they can

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It’s not only that. That’s why it’s silly to even discuss a deal for another year or so. If Eichel wants out, more things will leak. Then buffalo has to deal him. They aren’t stupid enough to let his NMC kick in while he’s disgruntled. Then he can dictate where he wants to play and the Sabres would have no choice but to take 50 cents on the dollar
lol
you really believe Botterill is still the Sabres GM?
Adams isn't taking 50 cents on the dollar. Eichel will only be moved, happy or unhappy, if Buffalo gets the deal they want. They are under no pressure to do so, he has years left on his contract, NMC or not. You do realize what Buffalo did to get him, right? Your delusional if you think after all that pain the franchise has gone through they are going to give him away or even allow another interested team to dictate terms. Context, it matters. lol

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
lol
you really believe Botterill is still the Sabres GM?
Adams isn't taking 50 cents on the dollar. Eichel will only be moved, happy or unhappy, if Buffalo gets the deal they want. They are under no pressure to do so, he has years left on his contract, NMC or not. You do realize what Buffalo did to get him, right? Your delusional if you think after all that pain the franchise has gone through they are going to give him away or even allow another interested team to dictate terms. Context, it matters. lol
How bout you read the post. I said there would be no reason at all to deal Eichel this upcoming year. If by years end and Eichel wants out and more things leak, then the clock is ticking for the Sabres to get the best deal they can for him before his NMC starts and he can dictate where he wants to play. They have a full 2. Years before that happens chief. Try reading instead of throwing jabs. You might learn a thing or two. I said buffalos management isn’t stupid, they are not going to keep a disgruntled player and let his NMC clause kick in. If Eichel truly wants out more things will begin to leak at the end of next year. Until then, this thread is nonsense.
Context matters, so does reading full posts instead or ranting about something we’re mostly in agreement on

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
How bout you read the post. I said there would be no reason at all to deal Eichel this upcoming year. If by years end and Eichel wants out and more things leak, then the clock is ticking for the Sabres to get the best deal they can for him before his NMC starts and he can dictate where he wants to play. They have a full 2. Years before that happens chief. Try reading instead of throwing jabs. You might learn a thing or two. I said buffalos management isn’t stupid, they are not going to keep a disgruntled player and let his NMC clause kick in. If Eichel truly wants out more things will begin to leak at the end of next year. Until then, this thread is nonsense
Oh I read the post, it's fantasy land. A franchise sacrificed more than you apparently comprehend to land 1 of him or McDavid, year 2, year 4, year 6, NMC kicked in, NMC not kicked in, it doesn't matter. Buffalo isn't going to sell short on one of the top 5 league young centers that the franchise endured very painful times to get. The owners aren't going to allow that. Your in denial if you believe otherwise.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Oh I read the post, it's fantasy land. A franchise sacrificed more than you apparently comprehend to land 1 of him or McDavid, year 2, year 4, year 6, NMC kicked in, NMC not kicked in, it doesn't matter. Buffalo isn't going to sell short on one of the top 5 league young centers that the franchise endured very painful times to get. The owners aren't going to allow that. Your in denial if you believe otherwise.
So, Wait let me get this straight? You think the Sabres would keep a disgruntled Eichel when his NMC kicks in, fully knowing he wants out and would be a detriment to the locker room and younger players because...... spite?? Or because they tanked to get him years ago?? Get real. No franchise would ever do that
This is not a computer game. If the player publicly asks out they accommodate the request for the GOOD of the team. The fact that you think they would let him sit and be miserable shows you have no idea about the business part of this industry.
And I’m fantasy land?? Right ok

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
So, Wait let me get this straight? You think the Sabres would keep a disgruntled Eichel when his NMC kicks in, fully knowing he wants out and would be a detriment to the locker room and younger players because spite?? Or because they tanked to get him years ago?? Get real. No franchise would ever do that
This is not a computer game. If the player publicly asks out they accommodate the request for the GOOD of the team. The fact that you think they would let him sit and be miserable shows you have no idea about the business part of this industry
Yes, they would. lol
And who says he sits, or that it would get to a point where Eichel isn't professional on the situation? You? LOL
Man, I'll tell ya, some of you make me chuckle. Your right though, this isn't a video game. So here, the reality is this, a trade for Jack Eichel, were it to happen, will be a hockey trade, not a futures or potential or quantity for quality trade, but, a hockey trade. That, is reality.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Your clown shoes
They accommodate Nash, Lindros, PLD, Laine, countless others but not jack Eichel??? Dude your crazy. No I don’t get to pick. The franchises throughout the years have shown what happens when star players especially with NMC return when the ask out. And it’s a hell of a lot less then it would be if they can trade him anywhere, not just the team he can pick. The fact that I eve have to take time out of my day explaining this to you means you have no grasp of other trade situations throughout nhl history, or you just don’t understand the ramifications of keeping a star player who asks out especially when he’s your team captain. That would torpedo the franchise worse then getting nothing for him

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
They accommodate Nash, Lindros, PLD, Laine, countless others but not jack Eichel??? Dude your crazy. No I don’t get to pick. The franchises throughout the years have shown what happens when star players especially with NMC return when the ask out. And it’s a hell of a lot less then it would be if they can trade him anywhere, not just the team he can pick. The fact that I eve have to take time out of my day explaining this to you means you have no grasp of other trade situations throughout nhl history, or you just don’t understand the ramifications of keeping a star player who asks out especially when he’s your team captain. That would torpedo the franchise worse then getting nothing for him
You don't "have to" do anything.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, they would. lol
And who says he sits, or that it would get to a point where Eichel isn't professional on the situation? You? LOL
Man, I'll tell ya, some of you make me chuckle. Your right though, this isn't a video game. So here, the reality is this, a trade for Jack Eichel, were it to happen, will be a hockey trade, not a futures or potential or quantity for quality trade, but, a hockey trade. That, is reality.
What are you talking about? The original post was under the premise Eichel asks out and doesn’t want to play in buffalo anymore.. that’s what the whole conversation was going off. But since you came off looking foolish now your moving the goal posts. Hockey trades don’t usually happen for disgruntled players. Because if said player didn’t want out, there would be no reason to deal him. No one would give buffalo a 1 for 1 of equal value if he demanded out. It would be a package of high end prospects and draft picks. Cost controlled long term assets for the rebuilding team. Unless of course the Sabres were dumb enough to let’s his NMC kick in. Then it would be whatever the 1 or 2 team he would accept a deal to offer. Likely filler filler plus first. Buffalo would never let it get to that point

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

Any good?
If Eichel leaves, Buf will be in re-re-rebuild mode. So yes i would ask for a couple of 1st, Ghost i might like but would ask for young proven Farabee/Konecny, A prospect York/Foerster and would be looking to get a C.

Then i would say: Damn how about Couturier??

So i would trim the offer from Philly to 1st 2021 (12th ish), Couturier, York/Foerster for Eichel.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
If Eichel leaves, Buf will be in re-re-rebuild mode. So yes i would ask for a couple of 1st, Ghost i might like but would ask for young proven Farabee/Konecny, A prospect York/Foerster and would be looking to get a C.

So i would trim the offer from Philly to 1st 2021 (12th ish), Couturier, York/Foerster for Eichel.

Not even a little close. 5 years of Eichel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 year of Couturier

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

Provorov + Farabee + 1st

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Any good?

For McDavid or MacKinnon it seems reasonable.

Certainly shouldn't give that up for Eichel. Not to mention he's coming off a major injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad