Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Expect big games from:

Miroslav Satan
Michael Peca
Jason Woolley

Need the 0 points big time tonight.
woof.gif

One of these days Afinogenov will get it together and become the next Pavel Bure. You just watch. Hat trick for 61. Book it.

Reactions: Kupo

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Continuing to go with 7D is puzzling, but he's not wrong about Chytil.

But I would have just kept him in and go 12-6 :dunno:

12-6 is better for sure, but I think I'd prefer for Chytil to be scratched and to learn his lesson that way then to get a handful of garbage minutes on the 4th line.

Take a step back, realize that you're not untouchable, and come back at it hard the next opportunity you get.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Eh who cares

He’ll be back next game
Yup. I don’t know if I necessarily agree with healthy scratches being a go to motivational tool bait Quinn is looking at the big picture with Filip. He has looked pretty invisible for a while now, basically since he murdered Rask.

Hopefully this jolts him back. It’s really not a big deal.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

I don’t mind this. Should’ve done this with Howden a few times though. I think Brickley does well though, he doesn’t put up points but I always thought he’d end up a good 4th liner. He’s a good forechecker
Any word on the official lines for tonight?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Vesey has been benched and relegated to the 4th line a couple times. Staal though... Yeah

Thirty One did say that he didn't believe in being benched for a lack of skill would work so that kind of eliminates Staal so really, the only guy we're really looking at is Howden. And Howden has been horrible for a few months but we don't know what goes on on the bench, in practice, off the ice, etc. Some guys respond differently to different things. Do I think Howden should have been scratched on multiple occasions? Absolutely. But I'm also not going to lose my mind when DQ has scratched nearly every other player who deserved it on the roster. If anything, he's held more people accountable than any coach I've seen recently.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Thirty One did say that he didn't believe in being benched for a lack of skill would work so that kind of eliminates Staal so really, the only guy we're really looking at is Howden. And Howden has been horrible for a few months but we don't know what goes on on the bench, in practice, off the ice, etc. Some guys respond differently to different things. Do I think Howden should have been scratched on multiple occasions? Absolutely. But I'm also not going to lose my mind when DQ has scratched nearly every other player who deserved it on the roster. If anything, he's held more people accountable than any coach I've seen recently.

I agree with you. He's spread the benchings, both in game and before puck drop, pretty well so far this year. Accountability is at an all time high compared to the AV years. Not much to be gained/learned by benching Staal unless it's to set an example for the others.

And most importantly, like you said, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes and in practice.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
How is scratching him gonna help him do that
In the last game he directly caused a goal against by, in the offensive zone keep in mind, skating away from a board battle off a 50/50 after a faceoff, then falling down for no reason, then loafing getting back into the Ranger end as Winnipeg had an extended 5 on 4 they scored on.

Deserved result from a bullshit effort.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The way that MSG network gives nothing but praise to Namestnikov, you would SWEAR that they are trying to get suitors for the Rangers.
At times, he has been really good......lately, not so much. Still NO point scoring. Even Vesey puts a few in, now and again.
I dont care how good you are defensively......you have to put some points on the scoreboard, now qnd again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad