GDT: The Powerhouse at Buffalo | 2/15/19 - 7PM - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I've said it before--Tony DeAngelo--he's not big but he knows how to handle himself. Not nearly as big as Okposo but he let Okposo (who'll fight once in a while) beat himself because Kyle is just not good at it. Tony's calm, cool and collected in those situations and he understands balance is important if you're going to throw a punch right or get your opponent off balance. I think Tony tagged him once pretty good--I don't think Okposo played anymore after that.

Most of the 3rd we looked like shit. DeAngelo's fight was the highlight and arguably stoked the bench a bit. Nice to see guys other than Zibanejad, Kreider, Zuccarello and Hayes put up goals and points for once. It's been a long time since our top line hasn't led us all throughout the game.

Georgiev is a really good goalie. Our defense wasn't really all that hot so he needed to be.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Wow Buffalo is baaaaaaaad.
That was my impression. Buffalo is awful. But I really think the rangers are well-coached enough to generally have a chance every night and I’m a game like this against a garbage opponent this can happen. It really was a whuppin’. Did the rangers even have a power play?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It is mind bogglong how inept multiple NHL teams are on any given night.
We should be one of the worst teams in the league yet we keep winning/being competitive....
Does buffalo have a coach or do they just diy it?

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Would like to see McQuaid give Bogosian a beatin.
Bogosian. Haha. That guy at one point skated up to a scrum with his big beard and did the “sherrif’s here” thing and the rangers looked at him like “who tf are you?” Fake tough guy. Probably wears a letter for Buffalo.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Bogosian. Haha. That guy at one point skated up to a scrum with his big beard and did the “sherrif’s here” thing and the rangers looked at him like “who tf are you?” Fake tough guy. Probably wears a letter for Buffalo.
He still needs to pay for roughing up Nash that went unanswered.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This sh*t is why I love this team.
Very enjoyable team. They’re actually playing a sustainable and convincing brand of hockey. I’ve actually felt some of the better ranger teams recently have been a bit of smoke and mirrors. But this is a group effort rather than individual great plays. I am really impressed with their controlled breakouts. They’re not just flinging the puck and hoping. Sorry. I’m gushing. I’m aware that Buffalo is just rotten garbage too.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
We were garbage for a lot of that third. The Rangers did come through. They played hockey with effort and life. Some of the passing sequences were super. Georgiev was great again. Defense and gap control are the biggest problems still and will take more time to iron out. But I do see better support from them sometimes now.

ADA was good this game. He's going to be an electrifying and polar figure for other teams. I was sitting low and in the corner so I did not see what happened but from posts here it seemed like he broke Okposo's face open. Dude is a stud. I've fully gotten on board.

We aren't a good team but it's still worth watching and cheering for. For me there really is not much better than seeing them live and sending me home feeling happy.

Oh yeah. Bullshit penalties again. This always, always happens when the Rangers visit. The hatred from Sabres fans toward NY is pretty vehement too.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Very enjoyable team. They’re actually playing a sustainable and convincing brand of hockey. I’ve actually felt some of the better ranger teams recently have been a bit of smoke and mirrors. But this is a group effort rather than individual great plays. I am really impressed with their controlled breakouts. They’re not just flinging the puck and hoping. Sorry. I’m gushing. I’m aware that Buffalo is just rotten garbage too.
I don't know, I feel like this team has stolen just as many games they were outplayed in as they did under AV. It has everything to do with expectations.

Steal games when you're supposed to be decent to very good and it's smoke and mirrors. Steal games when you're supposed to be awful and becomes effort.

It's still smoke and mirrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad