GDT: The Powerhouse at Buffalo | 2/15/19 - 7PM - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The way that MSG network gives nothing but praise to Namestnikov, you would SWEAR that they are trying to get suitors for the Rangers.
At times, he has been really good......lately, not so much. Still NO point scoring. Even Vesey puts a few in, now and again.
I dont care how good you are defensively......you have to put some points on the scoreboard, now qnd again.

Color commentary is what it is. Everyone is great, everyone is making amazing plays and every time they make a mistake it's "unlucky". MSG is the last place I'd look for objective reporting

Reactions: MyLoveIsBlue

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The way that MSG network gives nothing but praise to Namestnikov, you would SWEAR that they are trying to get suitors for the Rangers.
At times, he has been really good......lately, not so much. Still NO point scoring. Even Vesey puts a few in, now and again.
I dont care how good you are defensively......you have to put some points on the scoreboard, now qnd again.
He runs cold, Vesey runs hot. There will probably be a year where the reverse is true, Vesey has 23 points and Names gets 45. Lotta variance in hockey.

edit: LOL. Vesey 4th highest PDO on the team, Namestnikov 27th highest.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Quinn up to his typical bull****
Av 2.0
A key difference between Quinn and AV:

AV seemed to ONLY bench young players and ONLY hold young players accountable while veterans suck.

Quinn is willing to bench veterans (outside of Staal who frankly hasn’t been that bad and is also basically captain) when they also don’t perform. Vesey, Buch, Smith, Shatty, Namestnikov, Claesson have all been scratched as well.

It’s easier to understand Quinn scratching and benching young players when he’s also done it to older players as well.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man, I think Pionk has THE WORST GAP control in the NHL. He is absolutely BRUTAL defending the rush, doesn’t matter if the other team has numbers or not, they will end up with a good chance 3/4 of the time.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Man, I think Pionk has THE WORST GAP control in the NHL. He is absolutely BRUTAL defending the rush, doesn’t matter if the other team has numbers or not, they will end up with a good chance 3/4 of the time.
Yeah there was some advance stat that said he has the worst % of denying entry into the zone on a rush in the entire league.

Legit terrible at it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Connor Brickley assist alert.

Edit, not sure why he didn’t get an assist, he had the chance that created the rebound that Smith shot and then Boo shot the rebound of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad