The Pittsburgher Thread - Yowie Wowie! Drama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
He has a punchable face
StockDannySmith1.jpg

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
At least Pats finally have a kicking problem. 20 years straight of guaranteed 3 pts with Vinatieri and Gostkowski.

Now with Mike Nugent...just missed a 40 yarder. Extra point and FG last game too

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I honestly didn't have an issue with a no call there... he got there a smidge early but it wasn't anything egregious

Yeah that wasnt as bad but he always gets away with more. Main point was we've seen some very bad calls with that on both offense and defense....with much less contact than that play.

Especially the ones that didnt even have a flag but coaches decide to chance it and throw the challenge flag. Steelers had two reversed already that werent Interference. Seen plenty of other teams impacted too

And Pats had to go for it..cuz of no kicker finally. Thats a first...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
At least Pats finally have a kicking problem. 20 years straight of guaranteed 3 pts with Vinatieri and Gostkowski.

Now with Mike Nugent...just missed a 40 yarder. Extra point and FG last game too
He will be cut by the weekend and the Pats will sign someone that is guaranteed to make an important kick for them at some point this season. They’ll still win this game despite Nugent’s miss.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
He will be cut by the weekend and the Pats will sign someone that is guaranteed to make an important kick for them at some point this season. They’ll still win this game despite Nugent’s miss.

Of course they will...Giants had 4 TOs. No offense at all. All year Pats had it easy. Steelers Offense, Miami off3nse...jets offense..bills offense...skins offense...giants offense were alll very offensive.

Brady was bad again. If Pats get a few injuries to their D...good luck. Tho the Chiefs got them this time anyway.

CFL teams with better success.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Life's good for the entire staff. HC has immunity and he's best buds with all, zero accountability. $$$$

We lose our only good coach in Munchak lol. This has to change. Goood news is I think Colbert sees it. He does not make that Fitzpatrick trade if he was happy with this teams direction. Hes getting the blame for picks not panning out but hes had a history of being one of the best ever at drafting....especially where he picked every year. And we used to get 4th-5th rounders who turned into Probowlers. Never had to draft LBs in the first round. Now its 1st round if lucky....

Ben getting hurt....Mason getting a chance. We could see some drastic changes soon

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Watching Brady with back-to-back QB sneaks on the goal line when the game is already won.... Jesus... What balls on that man. 42 year old giant balls

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
We lose our only good coach in Munchak lol. This has to change. Goood news is I think Colbert sees it. He does not make that Fitzpatrick trade if he was happy with this teams direction. Hes getting the blame for picks not panning out but hes had a history of being one of the best ever at drafting....especially where he picked every year. And we used to get 4th-5th rounders who turned into Probowlers. Never had to draft LBs in the first round. Now its 1st round if lucky....

Ben getting hurt....Mason getting a chance. We could see some drastic changes soon

I agree to a point about the Drafting.

I guess since hes the GM he has to take some responsibility because he gets a say.

But I do know that Tomlin, like Cowher, has a big say in who is drafted. Which tells me besides WR Tomlin is ass at drafting.

Even with cowher gone LeBeau helped alot.

But since LeBeau left our defensive picks have been meh. Minus TJ and Bush who were both considered non miss. Bush maybe because of his size.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Even if the Steelers matched the Patriots defense player for player, the Pats defense would be twice as good because of its coaching.

Ya... as much as i hate them.

Belichek is a genius defensively like I said personel wise last yr they had like 2/3 above average players. Still took the Rams top 3 offense and made it look like a beer league.

I will say though they get alot of calls or non calls that go there way.

McCourty dives at Jones knees no call.

Jones leads with his helmet on Allen, not ejected he is flagged BUT Bill's were holding so penalties cancel out.

They run obvious pick routes and no calls but less obvious picks get flagged on other teams.

I could go on. But it's pointless i guess.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
If you've ever read up on Belichick, he basically has an entire army of intern-level guys who pick over film for him and deliver reports. So before he even watches the film himself, he's got pages and pages of information. It's insane. I don't think he's a genius so much as insanely prepared and obsessively detail-oriented.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Don't have to tell me coaching matters. Look at what losing Munchak is already doing to our OLine who have 6 years of experience together. And Chuks going from looking very promising right away(started 3 games, dressed 13) to not even dressing now.

Amazing how much a coach could have that much of an impact.

Always knew we had to have much better talent than Pats....that always went without saying. No reason to even talk about it. Belichick is best ever and thats without all of the cheating lol. But we do stay relevant because of our FO and drafting. Yes we had some bad picks...but thats how spoiled we are. Literally complaining about 3-4 1st rounders not panning out since 2000. When most teams go every 5 years of finding just one impact player. Its crazy how good our FO has been. Think about it...and look up other teams. Ravens and all of the WRs they busted on. Pats busted every other year(reason why they eventually started trading them away). And actually we werent even as bad as hyped up to be during 2013-16. Jarvis Jones...bad. But got Bell in 2nd round. Shazier year after and Tuitt in 2nd round...great draft. But losing Shazier destroyed our D rebuild. Completely. We beat the Jags and prob the Pats(beat them without Shazier) if we didnt lose him. That year was the year our offense couldn't be stopped. Not even the Pats. Almost had it won and Juju ran it all the way down to goaline. Thats what i mean about talent. Belichick would killl to have our players over his...he would have been 9-0 and not 6-3(almost 4-5..5-4). Theres a reason Bill always prepared for us to be the team in the AFC to beat to get to SB even tho they always had our number. Cuz our talent was that much better. Which is also very sad we couldnt even get avg coaching to help win.

Anyway...2016 draft started off fine with Burns, Davis, Hargrave all starting from day 1. Burns with 26 total pass breakups his first two years. Made plays...forced fumbles..etc. Hargrave has been solid and will go elsewhere to have a very good career....its too bad we wont switch to a damn 4-3 base and use him the right way.

Ever since 2017 theyve been right back on track. Obviously didn't expect Belll/ brown to pull what they did. After already losing Shazier...Bryant. Thats a lot of talent gone. Yet our D is better than it ever has been this era. Now we need to focus back on the offense. Luckily they have been...Juju will be fine of course. Diontae Johnson looking like a steal...already showing flashes of greatness. Im even questioning James Washington now but we'll see. And we will see what happens with our QB situation.

If it was up to me...if we beat the Chargers and stay in this id trade for Emmanuel Sanders. So we can have that reliable WR to go with Juju. And allowing more out of DJ as well. Just helps the O overall...develop much faster.

Finally, all of our dreams would come true if Rooney would sign off on a Skins trade for Tomlin. Gruden landed them 2 firsts and 2 2nds. Lol ..id just take a first. But as high as Skins are on him...we could actually get mutilple early picks "while" getting a new coach. Now that would make up for these dark years. Suddenly we have 2020 first again with Skins finishing top of draft....could go with Chase Young and complete our D. Could take Jerry Jeudy to add to our offense...a Julio Jones/AJ Green type. Or if Mason doesn't show hes the future...take Justin Herbert. Tho that scares me the most. Anwyay endless possibilities..just make it happen Rooney..hes already made us suffer for years

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If you've ever read up on Belichick, he basically has an entire army of intern-level guys who pick over film for him and deliver reports. So before he even watches the film himself, he's got pages and pages of information. It's insane. I don't think he's a genius so much as insanely prepared and obsessively detail-oriented.

Its def your last part. He lives for football...cares about nothing else. But doesn't have to be a genius when there are so many morons in rest of NFL....all he has to be is smarter than them..which he is. But yeah i agree hes more about being beyond prepared and taking away teams strengths...while also having plan B, plan C, plan D. Completely throwing off other coaches....its been 20 years now. Nobody has learned other than Doug Pederson ..who took it right to Bellichick. Then again he had to cuz Wentz was out so who knows. I think alot has to do with coaches getting in their own way too. If Pats Never beat Seattle(so if Dumbass Carroll just runs the ball) then thats 3 straight SB losses for Pats and they never go on this run. It would have been 2004 since last win(year before we won our first with Ben). Crazy thinking about it. Lets say they do get back after loss to Seattle...if Atlanta doesn't pull the all time choke cuz of staring up at the clock the whole 2nd half....thats another loss lol. 4 straight and officially done imo. The " Pats cant be beat" talk...and fear would be non existent. They'd be close to Buffalo Bills in early 90s territory and the " what if" talks. With their 3-4 record but 4 straight losses. Anyway we also allowed them to reach SB...we were the favs most years during that era. With the killer Bs. And did have the talent(even with lack of coaching) to win once Shazier turned into a game changer on D. But we kept having injuries and with our coaching....that couldn't happen. No other team was a threat at that time. AFC was a joke.

That's all done now. Pats got their 3 more....but we are at a stage where we could make huge changes to put us back on top and win a few more. Just need few things to go our way. Tomlin to Skins a must lol. And with Colbert seeming to have a disconnect lately....Tomlin also only signed thru 21 anwyay....why couldn't it happen? We get Minkah, and a top 1st back(along with more who knows....id ask for McLaurin or a proven LB/DL to go with that first instead of 2nd for example)....and a new coach? Yeah back on top

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Last nights game... So the Giants pick off Brady. The guy is running it back and get shoved way late by two Patriots players. Giants get a penalty. It took like 5 minutes and a commercial break for them to finally show us where the penalty was and they purposely skipped by the part where the two Patriots players hit the Giants player late out of bounds. So that pushed them out of FG range at least and got 0 points.

Then Edelman fumbles and the Giants would have scooped and scored but the ref blows it dead immediately. Giants challenge and they go straight to commercial. Now anytime this happens against the Steelers we get 10 different angles and everybody chiming in with their opinion. We comeback from commercial and Brady is hiking the ball!! They legit go "yeah the refs said the play on the field stands"

Wtf!! This shit is so rigged and they don't even try to hide it. Well they do but anybody who actually watches games can see how much different their games go.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Last nights game... So the Giants pick off Brady. The guy is running it back and get shoved way late by two Patriots players. Giants get a penalty. It took like 5 minutes and a commercial break for them to finally show us where the penalty was and they purposely skipped by the part where the two Patriots players hit the Giants player late out of bounds. So that pushed them out of FG range at least and got 0 points.

Then Edelman fumbles and the Giants would have scooped and scored but the ref blows it dead immediately. Giants challenge and they go straight to commercial. Now anytime this happens against the Steelers we get 10 different angles and everybody chiming in with their opinion. We comeback from commercial and Brady is hiking the ball!! They legit go "yeah the refs said the play on the field stands"

Wtf!! This **** is so rigged and they don't even try to hide it. Well they do but anybody who actually watches games can see how much different their games go.

It wasn't a fumble though so why does it matter?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
It wasn't a fumble though so why does it matter?

Never saw a proper replay to decide but from what I saw it had merit. I can't find anything on Twitter either but just people bitching about it but no video because once again they did some shady shit to hide it from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad