Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
raw

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah if this doesnt happen now Ill be pissed. Saints want him for sure and desperate to get Brees one more before he retires but they already traded next year's first.

Offer them ours and even if it takes a 3rd the following draft. Hes completely worth it. Having Peterson and Haden the next 3 years changes this team completely on D. Would make everyone better. Those 2 locking down the top 2 WRs ..allowing others to matchup better with the #3 and TEs. Also should be more time to get to the QB. Have to hang onto the ball a bit longer .

With us having this much cap space(and looking to add someone like him thru FA in the offseason anyway) this makes complete sense. If it doesnt happen...it better be because of PP wanting to go somewhere else.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
- I don't feel bad about losing to the Chiefs by 5 after spotting them 21.

- Ravens are pretty legit but beatable.

- It would be very Mike Tomlin/Steelers like to come off the bye after being handed 1st in the division and lose to the Browns at home. I hope I'm wrong.

- Still waiting for Peterson to make this team a real contender.

You are going to be waiting a long time on that last point

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Cowboys give up a 1st for Cooper, yikes. Meanwhile, the Steelers won't give up a 1st for a corner who has made the pro bowl every year and 3x all pro. When they can't even draft/develop a pro bowler at this position...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Cowboys give up a 1st for Cooper, yikes. Meanwhile, the Steelers won't give up a 1st for a corner who has made the pro bowl every year and 3x all pro. When they can't even draft/develop a pro bowler at this position...

Raiders better be good at drafting next year..or else it makes no sense to lose Mack and Cooper. This is a very stacked draft tho. Will have 3 picks in first round...could rebuild that D in one draft if thats the route they go.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Raiders better be good at drafting next year..or else it makes no sense to lose Mack and Cooper. This is a very stacked draft tho. Will have 3 picks in first round...could rebuild that D in one draft if thats the route they go.

Yeah, it's not a bad strategy. Not many QBs though so I guess they are sticking with Carr.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Funny he just came out and said he wants to be traded.

So because he wants to be traded automatically means that he will be a Steeler and make them do something they have never done before and also means no other team can make an offer for him? I wasn’t aware that’s how it worked m. If he gets moved I can think of at least 3-5 more likely destinations than the Steelers

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
that's a great trade to get rid of 2 years of Cooper for a 1st

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So because he wants to be traded automatically means that he will be a Steeler and make them do something they have never done before and also means no other team can make an offer for him? I wasn’t aware that’s how it worked m. If he gets moved I can think of at least 3-5 more likely destinations than the Steelers

Saints and Steelers have been his top destinations. He's been commenting on AB's insta and Bryant McFadden is his cousin. Saints don't have a 1st or the cap space to get him. Cardinals are the Steelers West. If the Steelers really want him they can get him.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Saints and Steelers have been his top destinations. He's been commenting on AB's insta and Bryant McFadden is his cousin. Saints don't have a 1st or the cap space to get him. Cardinals are the Steelers West. If the Steelers really want him they can get him.

Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Eagles are all teams that would be more willing to offer up what the Cardinals will want.... the Steelers have never ever done anything like this mid season. I’m not sure why people think this is going to happen

Reactions: Al Smith

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Lol shit..now it better happen.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Patriots, Chiefs, Rams, Eagles are all teams that would be more willing to offer up what the Cardinals will want.... the Steelers have never ever done anything like this mid season. I’m not sure why people think this is going to happen

Patriots were already gifted Josh Gordon by the league. Rams don't have cap space. Chiefs might barely. Eagles are almost out of playoff contention.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Patriots were already gifted Josh Gordon by the league. Rams don't have cap space. Chiefs might barely. Eagles are almost out of playoff contention.

Saints are his top choice but they only have less than 2 mil in cap space and no first round pick.

Guarantee he could be ours if KC offered a first...but he probably wont. Loves hanging onto that first rounder. Never even trades out of the first round when he should.

We are a week away from finding out...unless it happens sooner. I can see the Chiefs being the ones who land him. They have no problem making moves like this. And desperate for D help to go with that offense.

Steelers could make this happen and then look to get that first round pick back. Could trade 2020 first round pick to move into the first in 2019 if theres a guy we really want. And this is a very good class for defense. So many good prospects on D. Top 15 talent in other years will drop into late 20s.

I want to keep our first rounder because of it but want Peterson way more. 3 years of him is too good to pass up. The Pats adding Revis put them over the top and got them their first Superbowl win in 10 years. We could do the same.

Glad AB is making his pitch.. Need other players on our team to do the same. Its not disrespecting Burns...we can still keep him. Hes locked up next year under the same cap. The following year is when we would have to pick up his 5th year option. By then who knows if Haden hasnt had a few more injuries and slowed down.

And as I said many times...adding Peterson could get Burns career back on track. No more pressure on him for the rest of this season. He can get back to developing the right way..slow things down and learn from PP and Haden.

Its a win/win situation.

Tomlin being a former DB coach and coord...cant believe he wouldnt be all over this. Cant tell me he thinks Sensabaugh and Burns are the answer this year. Not with how good these offenses are and the opponents we will be facing.

Rams went out and got Talib and Peters in the offseason. Suh for the Dline. Thats a team serious about winning. We have a glaring need..and the best corner in the league "desperately wants out". So unless he refuses to come here...it should get done. Hope Mcfadden convinces him to come here too. I know he wants to go to his hometown but if they cant get it done...we should be next on his list. This may be where having Tomlin as coach plays in our favor. He is a players coach and alot mention how much they love playing for him.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Eagles and Saints have been pursuing Peterson the last few weeks. Cant see the Saints being able to do it with no 1st and 3rd round picks. Eagles could but reading further into their situation they probably wont be able to either.

Chiefs have an extra 2nd and 4th from the Peters trade tho...they are the team that could beat our offer. Cards will obviously want a 1st..thats a given after what Cooper just landed. So it depends on what else is offered.

Of course they dont have to give in and trade him but him constantly telling people how bad he wants out..is that something they want to deal with going forward? Not like they are close to competing. Especially with the Rams in their division. Add picks and improve around Rosen.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Saints are his top choice but they only have less than 2 mil in cap space and no first round pick.

Guarantee he could be ours if KC offered a first...but he probably wont. Loves hanging onto that first rounder. Never even trades out of the first round when he should.

We are a week away from finding out...unless it happens sooner. I can see the Chiefs being the ones who land him. They have no problem making moves like this. And desperate for D help to go with that offense.

Steelers could make this happen and then look to get that first round pick back. Could trade 2020 first round pick to move into the first in 2019 if theres a guy we really want. And this is a very good class for defense. So many good prospects on D. Top 15 talent in other years will drop into late 20s.

I want to keep our first rounder because of it but want Peterson way more. 3 years of him is too good to pass up. The Pats adding Revis put them over the top and got them their first Superbowl win in 10 years. We could do the same.

Glad AB is making his pitch.. Need other players on our team to do the same. Its not disrespecting Burns...we can still keep him. Hes locked up next year under the same cap. The following year is when we would have to pick up his 5th year option. By then who knows if Haden hasnt had a few more injuries and slowed down.

And as I said many times...adding Peterson could get Burns career back on track. No more pressure on him for the rest of this season. He can get back to developing the right way..slow things down and learn from PP and Haden.

Its a win/win situation.

Tomlin being a former DB coach and coord...cant believe he wouldnt be all over this. Cant tell me he thinks Sensabaugh and Burns are the answer this year. Not with how good these offenses are and the opponents we will be facing.

Rams went out and got Talib and Peters in the offseason. Suh for the Dline. Thats a team serious about winning. We have a glaring need..and the best corner in the league "desperately wants out". So unless he refuses to come here...it should get done. Hope Mcfadden convinces him to come here too. I know he wants to go to his hometown but if they cant get it done...we should be next on his list. This may be where having Tomlin as coach plays in our favor. He is a players coach and alot mention how much they love playing for him.

Saints might be his top choice but he doesn't have much say especially with them having no 1st. How could they clear 5-6 mill in cap unless the Cards take somebody and I don't think they will do all that for the Saints. I think he'd be just as happy in Pittsburgh. Even with top defensive talent in the draft. When's the last time they drafted a pro bowl corner? The window is closing and don't have time for a pipe dream. They can also be aggressive with Bell in the off-season and easily get a 1st back for him. Amari Cooper got a 1st. Come on, Bell is worth a 1st.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’d be shocked if we even call about him TBH. It’s just not the Steelers style.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I’d be shocked if we even call about him TBH. It’s just not the Steelers style.

Steelers have a desperate need for a corner. Colbert would be woefully negligent if he didn’t inquire.

Problem is this team has never traded their first rounder outside of using it to slide up or down in the draft.

They just have their MO which is building through the draft and not making big splashes via FA or trade.

A lot of their firsts have been duds lately though, so uh, ya...

Reactions: KIRK

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Yes we do. ILB. MLB. Same thing. Don't be an idiot.

$11m/ year for a corner when there are more pressing needs is kind of dumb. I'd understand if the secondary was getting hopelessly torched every game, but that's not really the case. I'd rather have the draft picks and address the problems at LB.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Part of the Peterson saga is that he wants to renegotiate his contract to get paid more....can you see the Steelers wading into this clusterf*** after Bell? Not going to happen....if he wasn’t unhappy with his current contract, then for sure, but I just see the Steelers staying away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad