The Pittsburgher Thread: Where Tomlin tries his hardest to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I fully expect the Pat's to somehow grab Peterson and Fitz.

Then I cry.

I want Fitz to get a ring... He deserves it.

But not the Patriots.... Anyone but the Patriots.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Apparently Mcfadden is going to be on the Fan shortly.

Wonder what he'll say about Peterson to the Steelers.

f*** this team and league if he goes to the Pats and Steelers don't even try. Unfortunately got tickets to two more games, I will try to sell them. Steelers don't care and Patriots winning another Super Bowl.

Reactions: KIRK

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Steelers played good enough to beat them last time they played. There's no answer to beating them with Ben in the 2019 draft.

I think there is a big difference between regular season and post-season. There's no answer to beating them at all this year, Peterson or not. The issue is stopping Gronk, and their only shot at that is him not playing.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Steelers do need a nice slot 3rd WR. Get Fitz and Peterson.

No but really. They should get Peterson, what are we gonna do with a 1st anyway?? Draft Jarvis Jones?

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

**** this team and league if he goes to the Pats and Steelers don't even try. Unfortunately got tickets to two more games, I will try to sell them. Steelers don't care and Patriots winning another Super Bowl.

So you are surprised that the team who pretty much never makes a huge trade isn’t involved in discussions to make a huge trade?

Reactions: Andy99

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I see the hyperbole is flowing.

For some, like me, I can completely understand it being too rich for their blood.

But to not even kick the tires is organizational incompetence, arrogance and ignorance.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I think there is a big difference between regular season and post-season. There's no answer to beating them at all this year, Peterson or not. The issue is stopping Gronk, and their only shot at that is him not playing.

He's missed games this year and hasn't been his normal self when actually playing. I don't think Gronk is the issue this year. They will get beat by Pedelman and Gordon.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
He's missed games this year and hasn't been his normal self when actually playing. I don't think Gronk is the issue this year. They will get beat by Pedlman and Gordon.

Steelers are still godawful at stopping TEs. Gronk on one leg would still manage 7-120-1

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I fully expect the Pat's to somehow grab Peterson and Fitz.

Then I cry.

I want Fitz to get a ring... He deserves it.

But not the Patriots.... Anyone but the Patriots.

They make moves to win each year. They do things the right way and are aggressive . May not always work...but they are always trying.

Youd think our FO would look at that and think about changing their philosophy just a little bit. But too damn stubborn. And still behind the times.

We dont have a bunch of needs right now either...we need a top flight player on defense. And you have to be aggressive to get that...whether thru trade/FA or trading up in the draft.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Steelers do need a nice slot 3rd WR. Get Fitz and Peterson.

No but really. They should get Peterson, what are we gonna do with a 1st anyway?? Draft Jarvis Jones?

Idk... I would love White from LSU to replace Shazier.

But probably wont be there when we pick.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
They make moves to win each year. They do things the right way and are aggressive . May not always work...but they are always trying.

Youd think our FO would look at that and think about changing their philosophy just a little bit. But too damn stubborn. And still behind the times.

We dont have a bunch of needs right now either...we need a top flight player on defense. And you have to be aggressive to get that...whether thru trade/FA or trading up in the draft.

They stick to their guns because anytime someone questions it they can just point to the 6 trophies in their case.

Altho I agree you have to evolve... Things that worked for them in the 70s is only going to work if you're hitting homeruns in the draft yr after yr.

However our recent drafts have left alot to be desired... Especially Jones, Dupree, Burns all being 1st round busts or close to it.

Then Shaziers injury.

When u start having sub par drafts as a contender with a window time line. You have to figure out other ways to better your team.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
They stick to their guns because anytime someone questions it they can just point to the 6 trophies in their case.

Altho I agree you have to evolve... Things that worked for them in the 70s is only going to work if you're hitting homeruns in the draft yr after yr.

However our recent drafts have left alot to be desired... Especially Jones, Dupree, Burns all being 1st round busts or close to it.

Then Shaziers injury.

When u start having sub par drafts as a contender with a window time line. You have to figure out other ways to better your team.

Exactly

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Plenty of teams can stop TEs. Stop making excuses.

Name em.

All Im seeing is TEs pile up numbers this year. And nobody has ever stopped Gronk...so you singling out the Steelers is comedy.

And every fanbase keeps saying " why is __(LB) covering ___( WR). We arent the only team trying to adjust to this pass happy video game offenses this year. The rule change on hitting the QB has had a huge impact ...and its gonna take some time to adjust.

Lol dont know why you constantly throw out comments you have no clue about..just to comment on something.

And yeah you did say over and over that Conner wouldnt help our offense and wont be a NFL back in this league. Posts are there.

Everyone makes wrong predictions...I do all the time. But you always respond to a post with a condescending " you crazy? That will never happen" until it does.

Lol you remind me of Paulie from Rocky.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Name em.

All Im seeing is TEs pile up numbers this year. And nobody has ever stopped Gronk...so you singling out the Steelers is comedy.

And every fanbase keeps saying " why is __(LB) covering ___( WR). We arent the only team trying to adjust to this pass happy video game offenses this year. The rule change on hitting the QB has had a huge impact ...and its gonna take some time to adjust.

Lol dont know why you constantly throw out comments you have no clue about..just to comment on something.

And yeah you did say over and over that Conner wouldnt help our offense and wont be a NFL back in this league. Posts are there.

Everyone makes wrong predictions...I do all the time. But you always respond to a post with a condescending " you crazy? That will never happen" until it does.

Lol you remind me of Paulie from Rocky.

So, you want to claim an issue that the Steelers have had for years is now not a problem because TEs are having a good season across the league? This is the type of stupid stuff that earns you those remarks. This is so beyond mindnumbingly stupid I don't even have words. If it's a year where TEs are having a good year, that's EVEN WORSE for a team that has struggled to stop them. And you think that somehow gives them a pass? Jesus H. Christ.

Gronk has been stopped a number of times. Anyone who's ever owned him in FF could tell you that. You're just so used to watching him roam free against the Steelers you think that happens to everyone. It doesn't. The Steelers have been pretty unique over the past few years in their ability to consistently get toasted by TEs.

I said Connor is good but not an elite RB. I don't see him having the impact on defenses that Bell does (defenses are not scheming to stop Connor), nor do I see him having longevity. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be. There is really nothing special about Connor either in his techniques, his athletic abilities, or his skills, and that will eventually come out. He's a good player on a nice run. That's all you can say at this point if you're being honest and objective about it instead of emotional.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So, you want to claim an issue that the Steelers have had for years is now not a problem because TEs are having a good season across the league? This is the type of stupid stuff that earns you those remarks. This is so beyond mindnumbingly stupid I don't even have words. If it's a year where TEs are having a good year, that's EVEN WORSE for a team that has struggled to stop them. And you think that somehow gives them a pass? Jesus H. Christ.

Gronk has been stopped a number of times. Anyone who's ever owned him in FF could tell you that. You're just so used to watching him roam free against the Steelers you think that happens to everyone. It doesn't. The Steelers have been pretty unique over the past few years in their ability to consistently get toasted by TEs.

I said Connor is good but not an elite RB. I don't see him having the impact on defenses that Bell does (defenses are not scheming to stop Connor), nor do I see him having longevity. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be. There is really nothing special about Connor either in his techniques, his athletic abilities, or his skills, and that will eventually come out. He's a good player on a nice run. That's all you can say at this point if you're being honest and objective about it instead of emotional.

Burnett would be the type of 2ndary player that could keep Gronk in check.

Big enough not to get man handled, but fast enough to keep up.

Unfortunately that looks like another Ladarius Green signing only replace concussions with groin pull.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
So you are surprised that the team who pretty much never makes a huge trade isn’t involved in discussions to make a huge trade?
Don’t know why anyone would get their hopes up. It’s the draft or small moves. Always has been.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Jason La Canfora was just on the fan and said that the price for Peterson would be two picks (a 1st, and a 2nd or 3rd) and a young player not living up to his potential right now but who is still on a cheap deal.... so long story short, he won’t be a Steeler

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
But in other news.

Steelers are reportedly kicking the tires on Janoris Jenkins and Gareon Conley.

It's not PP but they are way more capable #2 CBs than Burns.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
But in other news.

Steelers are reportedly kicking the tires on Janoris Jenkins and Gareon Conley.

It's not PP but they are way more capable #2 CBs than Burns.
This is a move I can see the Steelers making. And to be honest this is likely the smarter move.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So basically a 1st and Burns which everybody is fine with and a 3rd. Steelers just have to be aggressive with Bell in the off-season and get as much as they can for him then it's basically Burns and a few draft positions for Peterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad