The Pittsburgher Thread: Where Tomlin tries his hardest to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Boswell just gained some confidence there.

What a horrible way to lose. The best kicker in the league misses an XP. Their fans and team are gonna have a long week. Hope it messes them up for the Panthers game.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Nothing better than seeing the Cowboys lose. Took a procedure penalty before the 47 yarder that would have tied it. 52 yarder hooks into the upright.

Watched the Bears/Pats today. Trubisky was really inaccurate on passes to the sidelines over 10 yards Don't know if that can be fixed.

Should be a good one tonight.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So far so good this week.

Still waiting for our new corner tho.

And Rooney said today they arent trading Bell. I think he comes back Monday. And as much as some dont want to see it..hes still a top talent in this league. Id love to add him to this offense...as long as they do it right. Let Conner stay in the backfield and use Bell as #3 WR. Could get very creative with that. Look at what the Saints were doing against the Ravens with their RBs..and their backup QB who was lining up as a RB.

Are our coaches creative enough tho? According to Tomlin..one back should see 99% of the snaps. Ridiculous outlook. Really hope they use this unique situation differently this time. Dont just have them split carries with the other on the sideline. Would be wasting a great opportunity.

Already have great weapons in Brown/Juju and McDonald/James. Now we could have Conner/Bell. All those guys out there and defenses will be over thinking things. Opening things up. Bell has proven he can be a solid WR too...not just out of the backfield. And James Washington isnt ready yet

So do the above...and add a corner before deadline(making our whole D better)...and we have a great chance this year.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

So the NEXT time he will get suspended? Did they completely forget the multiple suspensions and fines he's already accumulated? :huh:

So next time he brains someone again, then he will get a real punishment.

But they suspend guys for a year for smoking weed.

NFL justice at work.

I wonder how the mental midgets making this decision would feel if one of their loved ones had the potential to be his next target.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
speaking of safeties, is that bum free agent they signed going to play next week? i cant remember his name because he hasn't made any good plays yet

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
ESPN saying now that Bell won’t come back until after trade deadline because he doesn’t want to be dealt....this where’s Waldo countdown is getting ridiculous....Bell will say just about anything and then do something different the next second....

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I don't care about Bell any more, guy can just walk and be done with. We've got Conner now, someone who actually wants to play for the team. Focus on him

Reactions: domaug

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
- I don't feel bad about losing to the Chiefs by 5 after spotting them 21.

- Ravens are pretty legit but beatable.

- It would be very Mike Tomlin/Steelers like to come off the bye after being handed 1st in the division and lose to the Browns at home. I hope I'm wrong.

- Still waiting for Peterson to make this team a real contender.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Peterson has officially asked for a trade.

Just saw it. Colbert has to get this done. Not only giving us a great chance at it all these next few years(PP and Haden will be our starting corners the next 2 seasons after this) but prevent him from going to Chiefs or Patriots too.

Maybe he wants to go to the Saints...but Colbert should offer a first and get it done. With us having him for 3 playoff runs...its completely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad