GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Training Camp is Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Interesting. I’ve seen both the snell rumor and hooker rumor recently so it wouldn’t surprise me.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
The only part I don’t get is the trade for Howard. Are they talking the All Pro CB that just had like 10 picks this past season? He’d cost more than a 4th and 5th.

Reactions: JTG

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
The only part I don’t get is the trade for Howard. Are they talking the All Pro CB that just had like 10 picks this past season? He’d cost more than a 4th and 5th.

Yeah it’d be an unreal deal for us but I just can’t see it. I don’t know if the cap would work either.

Edit: I should probably not believe in anything a guy named bigfoot on Twitter says.

Last edited:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don't understand how Snell made the team. He's beyond bad

He had no vision and little physical ability.

For all of the sh1tting on James Conner last season, he was miles ahead of McFarland and Snell when healthy. I'd have preferred to bring him back as our 1B over Ballage.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

For all of the sh1tting on James Conner last season, he was miles ahead of McFarland and Snell when healthy. I'd have preferred to bring him back as our 1B over Ballage.

James Conner looks like Walter Payton compared to Benny Snell (who Tomlin pimped to the media every chance he got)

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

McFarland the game was to fast for him but Snell still averaged over 3 ypc last 2 seasons and unlike Connor he didn’t get hurt a ton

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
McFarland the game was to fast for him but Snell still averaged over 3 ypc last 2 seasons and unlike Connor he didn’t get hurt a ton

Agree on McFarland. His vision was pathetic. Never before have I see a guy so consistently hit the WRONG hole. I understand it's eons more difficult than watching on TV. But compared to McFarland's peers at that position he was a total idiot with where he was running.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Mcfarland always looked like he was about to have a huge play, then just tripped over his own feet after a yard.

Hopefully a more normal offseason let’s him improve. His skill set is a pretty good complement to Harris.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Just sat here and thought this exact same thing. If they can sign Hooker, bring in Howard, and Ingram in 24 hours...they just really juiced that defense up in a big way. Crazy if it happens.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Mcfarland always looked like he was about to have a huge play, then just tripped over his own feet after a yard.

Hopefully a more normal offseason let’s him improve. His skill set is a pretty good complement to Harris.

He does have some electricity to his game. He could be a nice change of pace back to Harris but you are absolutely correct. If he doesn't trip himself, it takes a feather to knock him over.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
The dude that posted the tweet is making fun of everyone believing him on Twitter. Hooker would be a good addition and I feel like it may happen. I'd be shocked if Snell returned any pick better than a 7th.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Benny Snell is just a younger Malcolm Brown, who was a factor in the Rams committee last year. With Akers going down, I don’t doubt the Rams would be interested in Snell for cheap. I think we would be able to trade Snell for like a conditional 5/6th.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Quite a roller coaster with Vince Williams this off-season. He was released, re-signed and now retired. Weird on the surface. Maybe they informed him the young LB's were going to play the bulk of the time or maybe Vince just doesn't want to play anymore. Hard to tell. Avery Williamson is still out there. I wonder if they give him a call.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad