OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Unofficial Official World Cup Thread|Parafuso Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
front.jpg

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I'll be shocked if Gilbert is still available for 15th. I think Lions or Titans will grab him ahead of Steelers but you never know.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The Steelers sent their WR coach to watch Cody Latimer workout today. He's projected to be drafted in either the first or second round.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I wouldn't mind Matthews, Moncrief (supposed Josh Gordon clone) or Adams as second round wide outs. I'd love Dennard/Gilbert 1st and one of those 3 receivers second round. Unless Benjamin slips that far.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I wish Robinson didn't have such a good pro day. He would've been a great pick in rd 2 for us. He's an athletic deep threat that we need. Watching him live was fun

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I wish Robinson didn't have such a good pro day. He would've been a great pick in rd 2 for us. He's an athletic deep threat that we need. Watching him live was fun

There's always the possibility that we could move up for him. I don't wanna do that since the WR position is so deep this year. What's Robinson being projected now? I thought he was still a 2nd-3rd rd pick. I really want Dennard in the 1st. Probably more than Gilbert, although with all of the sick WRs in our division, a guy like Gilbert would be great to have.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I think they're looking for what we are. WR and CB.

Maybe they're trying to pull an Atlanta like they did with Julio.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Mark Kaboly and Ike Taylor think Martavis Bryant is the 2nd round receiver we're looking for. I can see it also. NFL Draft's always seem to be deep, it would be awesome to see us address needs in the 1st 4 rounds of the draft.

Round 1: CB Dennard/Gilbert
Round 2: WR Bryant/Benjamin (if he drops to us)
Round 3: TE Niklas/Lynch
Round 4: RB Seastrunk/McKinnon
Round 5: DE (Should be plenty of options) Hart would be my choice because of his comparison to Keisel.

Hopefully these options are realistic for the Steelers and not just pipe dreams.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I like Martavis Bryant a lot. He was overshadowed by his teammate, Sammy Watkins, but he was very productive. He ran 4.4 which is very impressive for his size, 6'4", 210. The knock on him is he doesn't have best hands, will have occasional dropped passes. People doesn't talk about him much because a lot of attention goes to Watkins. He would be a good second round pick.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I like Martavis Bryant a lot. He was overshadowed by his teammate, Sammy Watkins, but he was very productive. He ran 4.4 which is very impressive for his size, 6'4", 210. The knock on him is he doesn't have best hands, will have occasional dropped passes. People doesn't talk about him much because a lot of attention goes to Watkins. He would be a good second round pick.

This is why I'm leary of him in the 2nd round. Kinda reminds me of another second rounder. I don't want another Limas Sweed. I'd rather have Moncrief, Benjamin, Matthews or Adams.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
This is why I'm leary of him in the 2nd round. Kinda reminds me of another second rounder. I don't want another Limas Sweed. I'd rather have Moncrief, Benjamin, Matthews or Adams.

According to NFL scouting reports....

Two of biggest question marks with Benjamin are his ability to create separation and his struggles with drops.

Matthews has been known to drop a pass or two due to concentration lapses.

Moncrief has okay-to-mediocre hands.

The point is every receiver has weaknesses. Bryant is intriuging me because of his measurables. With his jumping ability and size, he would be a great red zone weapon.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Mark Kaboly and Ike Taylor think Martavis Bryant is the 2nd round receiver we're looking for. I can see it also. NFL Draft's always seem to be deep, it would be awesome to see us address needs in the 1st 4 rounds of the draft.

Round 1: CB Dennard/Gilbert
Round 2: WR Bryant/Benjamin (if he drops to us)
Round 3: TE Niklas/Lynch
Round 4: RB Seastrunk/McKinnon
Round 5: DE (Should be plenty of options) Hart would be my choice because of his comparison to Keisel.

Hopefully these options are realistic for the Steelers and not just pipe dreams.

With all the other needs the Steelers have, I can't see them taking another RB before the 6th round. Wouldn't count out the possibility of them re-signing Stephens-Howling if his ACL rehab is going well.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I like Walters mock for us.

1st- Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
2nd - Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame
3rd - Dante Moncrief WR Ole Miss
4th - Loucheiz Purifoy CB Florida

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I like Walters mock for us.

1st- Eric Ebron TE North Carolina
2nd - Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame
3rd - Dante Moncrief WR Ole Miss
4th - Loucheiz Purifoy CB Florida

I don't like Purifoy pick. I watched him a lot since I live in Florida. He got burned a lot. He doesn't tackle well. He didn't perform well at combine especially his 40 run.

Steelers will draft a CB in either first or second round, IMO. CB is a serious need for us.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
With all the other needs the Steelers have, I can't see them taking another RB before the 6th round. Wouldn't count out the possibility of them re-signing Stephens-Howling if his ACL rehab is going well.

Agreed. Since we have 2 big backs on roster, we need a change-of-pace back like a Willie Parker with catching ability. We have 5th and 6th round compensationary picks so it's a good chance we use it for a RB.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
According to NFL scouting reports....

The point is every receiver has weaknesses. Bryant is intriuging me because of his measurables. With his jumping ability and size, he would be a great red zone weapon.

I get that. That's why these guys are available later and not in the 1st round, most likely. I just see Benjamin as a huge red zone threat, Matthews is compared to Jordy Nelson a lot so who wouldn't want someone like that and Mocrief is compared to Josh Gordon as well.

I'm a FSU fan so I've seen Benjamin play more than just highlights I've seen for the other guys. I wouldn't be opposed to Bryant. Depending on the board I'd much rather take at chance with someone with measurable with lesser college production in the 3rd rather than the 2nd.

I agree with everyone that CB/WR should be rounds 1 and 2 position selectoins.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah that's true, they could bring back Stephens-Howling, I posted that with the assumption that we wouldn't re-sign him. They also brought both RBs I listed in for visits and they're 4th and 5th round projections so that's why I see the possibility but I agree, we have other needs. We could even bring back other RBs that we had for depth like Redman, Batch or Clay.

On another note about the draft, I don't think he'll drop to us in the 2nd round, but man I would love to see Kelvin Benjamin in a Steelers uniform.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Kiper and McShay changing up their picks for the Steelers. Kiper has the Steelers taking Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin. I don't get that pick. McShay has the Steelers taking Virginia Tech cornerback Kyle Fuller.

Both Kiper and McShay have Dennard gone by the time the Steelers pick. McShay still had Justin Gilbert on the board but says he doesn't think Gilbert is a great fit for the Steelers due to his lack of physicality and bad tackling. I get the argument about Gilbert and maybe he would be a bad fit. Although it would be nice to finally have a CB with some ball skills and he does have that. McShay also suggested the Steelers try to move down since they can still get similar value to Fuller picking 6 or so spots later.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Zack Martin? LOL! Kiper needs to get a life.

I think Kyle Fuller is a bit of reach for 15th pick. If Steelers trade down to 20th, it would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad