London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
I tend to think that this team will only go as far as Cowan and Barkey will take us. Those 2 players are the key pieces of this team. We need to find a way to get those two going to get past Saginaw IMO.
Lawrence will be an important addition when he returns. Big body, decent at face offs and gives Dale more flexibility with line combinations

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
As much sending a message to his bench as Saginaws.
They didn't cross the line which was good and Dionicio looked extra Sharman soft with a couple embellishments called lol. I guess if ya feel ya gotta aak for help from the stripes, have at it lol.
I believe he was channeling his inner Mike Ribeiro. I call it Doing the Rodwin.

We should start a Ribeiro chant on Friday.

Reactions: zman77 and rve24

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
Here's the career stats for Dennis Desrosiers. He played for the Saginaw Gears from 1972 - 1982. He was the first player that Gears owner, and Minnesota North Stars GM, signed for the expansion Saginaw Gears.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Here's the career stats for Dennis Desrosiers. He played for the Saginaw Gears from 1972 - 1982. He was the first player that Gears owner, and Minnesota North Stars GM, signed for the expansion Saginaw Gears.
Ya, it's kind of coming back to me now, vaguely, his numbers says he was a rough customer too, very aggressive player, but knew how to put the puck in the net. I must have played against him in the early part of 70's, at the time, in the brand new Civic Centre too. I was with (IHL) Toledo Hornets, Lansing Lancers and when we folded we were merge with the Komets in Fort Wayne, where Bruchu is presently playing. Must of have played against Desrosiers along the way for sure. Thanks for that info Slap Shot Rick

Reactions: zman77

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
1714571264354.png

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Tonight's game is Lawrence last of his unfair suspension, that had upset some of us, particularly me. I don't view Kaleb Lawrence as the spark plug of this team, I view kaleb as the coil that lights up all the spark plugs on this team. He's already has 2 or 3 game first playoffs goals in the 5 1/5 games and assistd on another. Really looking forward to seeing him back next game, but for now the Knights have another business-like game to attend to tonight

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Barkey and Cowan will bring it tonight
No doubt Barkey and Cowan will do their share tonight, if London brings it home, it will not be because of only two players, the whole team would have had all their shares in that win

Reactions: zman77

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Looks some some needed depth n sandpaper returns on the back end giving them 2 solid pairs to roll out, spelled by the 5/6. And gives the other top 3 a couple minutes each more on the bench.
I too am hoping Barkey and/or Cowan can grab some control.offensively 5on5. They have an op to lead the way here tonight. Go hard, keep it simple n jump.on ops....

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
How many diving penalties is that for Saginaw in this series? Thats not the ones not called. I've played and watched hockey since 1966 and never seen anything like it.

Reactions: DWI Dale

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Great start to the game with two quick goals. First goal was a Picasso.
If the strategy is to sit on a 2 goal lead, it's not a good one.
Saginaw with the puck possession for most of the period, and we're much too passive.
Are they waiting for Saginaw to tie it before they start to skate, and generate offence?
Need to stay out of the box. Refs have nabbed the divers on the Spirit. Beck, are you kidding me?

Reactions: zman77 and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
This game looks exactly like Mondays game after one, aside for changing Wooley for Edward, they did not change anything. If they don't pickup the pace they will get lost in Saginaw snow again tonight, we are getting penalised because of it, let the Spirits do the chasing for a change

Reactions: jimbarrou

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I’m sorry, but the refs are brutal tonight.
The refs are just being normal tonight, they call penalties as usual, what else is new, we are very deserving of the 2 selfish ones against Bonk and Halttunen, Dickinson was questionable but took Beck went in with the dive. Good or bad calls, refs comes with the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad