OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Unofficial Official World Cup Thread|Parafuso Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I doubt Fuller will be first CB taken but you never know. I wouldn't be oppose to trade down to draft Fuller and get more picks. We could use an extra third rounder.

Unless a handfull of players are there I'm a proponent of trading down.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Imagine if Cleveland drafts Watkins and is able to get Bridgewater late in the first. Yikes. This is gonna be a huge draft for the Browns.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Imagine if Cleveland drafts Watkins and is able to get Bridgewater late in the first. Yikes. This is gonna be a huge draft for the Browns.

Yeah, this is what I do if I were Browns GM. There isn't an elite QB in this draft so makes sense to grab Watkins and draft a QB later. I prefer Mettenberger over Bridgewater but I don't think you can go wrong with either QB.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, this is what I do if I were Browns GM. There isn't an elite QB in this draft so makes sense to grab Watkins and draft a QB later. I prefer Mettenberger over Bridgewater but I don't think you can go wrong with either QB.

Browns could.

No doubt Watkins and Gordon would be a very solid duo. But even with those two, whichever QB the browns decide to take....let's just say they'd be looking to draft another 4 years later.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Mettenberger is a guy I like a lot as well. I could see him making it into the first rd unexpectedly like Ponder/Manuel. The perk of drafting Bridgewater over Mettenberger is that Bridgewater is pro ready and Mettenberger should sit for a year or 2. I think Hoyer is a decent option for Cleveland though so they very well could go Mettenberger I probably wouldn't take him until the 2nd. Let's just hope that Gordon gets busted for pot and sees the ban hammer.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Ike just flip flopped apparently. He was all in saying CB in the first and Bryant in the 2nd. Now he's saying DT or Beckham in the first and CB in the 3rd.

From his interviews I can see how he can get easily confused. That or he's just throwing smoke screens for a trade back. That's some clever swag.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Ike just flip flopped apparently. He was all in saying CB in the first and Bryant in the 2nd. Now he's saying DT or Beckham in the first and CB in the 3rd.

From his interviews I can see how he can get easily confused. That or he's just throwing smoke screens for a trade back. That's some clever swag.

NO WAY, CB has been this team's biggest weakness for years, it's time to address it. We can get a quality WR in the 2nd round, we don't need Beckham in the 1st.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm all-in on corner in the first. Be it at 15 or trading down. It's just too big of a weakness to count on being fixed in the middle rounds. There's going to be at least 1 or 2 real good receivers to fall to us in the 2nd round that would normally go in the late 1st/early 2nd, there are solid 3-4 defensive lineman available in the middle rounds, there...okay maybe not tight ends, but that's not an immediate need.

I think Fuller is a reach at 15, but if we can trade back a few spots then I'd be fine with him. Ideally it's Denard.

Apropos of nothing, here's the results from the football board mock...which has been going on for a couple months before petering out late in the 5th round (didn't quite get to our 5th round comp. pick) so values have changed, as have needs. Needless to say my first round pick can be thrown away, rendered obsolete a day or two after being selected.
1.15 "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
2.46 Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
3.97 Justin Ellis, NT, Louisiana Tech
4.118 Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
5.157 Brent Urban, DE, Virginia

Last edited:

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
NO WAY, CB has been this team's biggest weakness for years, it's time to address it. We can get a quality WR in the 2nd round, we don't need Beckham in the 1st.

I think like Jones last year that if DD is available that we hand in our card in 30 seconds or less.

My dream 1st 2 rounds are Dennard and a Benjamin free fall to us in the 2nd.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Ya Dix is out the window at this point. I'm hoping he's a top 10 pick. There's a lot of rumors since his pro day that Robinson is a late 1st rounder now. And also I read somewhere that some team is in love with Gaines enough to make him a first or second round pick. Now that could just be someone spitting in the wind.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yeah, Clinton-Dix will go around there in real life, but obviously isn't a player the Steelers would consider right now throwing that money around at Delmas. Robinson was the 9th receiver to be drafted in that mock...that won't be true this time around, either. He was incredibly productive in college despite having lousy QBs and had a brilliant workout...the only way he falls to 46 is if he purposefully bombs all of his interviews except his Steelers interview.

tumblr_lxpevvVuwr1qcrzkko1_500.gif

I'm very pleased with my rounds 3-5 picks, though. I doubt any of them will make it to that point.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I think if we can get a day 1starting CB I'm the first and a big physical red zone receiver in the second anything after that is gravy.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I feel like I'm only one on this board who isn't a fan of Kelvin Benjamin. Too many flaws, IMO. Inconsistent receiver, can't separate, too lazy and too stiff, immaturity, some concern about his weight. He has tight end body, weighs about 240. If he cut down to 220-225, it would make him little faster. His stock is falling, maybe in early second round.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I feel like I'm only one on this board who isn't a fan of Kelvin Benjamin. Too many flaws, IMO. Inconsistent receiver, can't separate, too lazy and too stiff, immaturity, some concern about his weight. He has tight end body, weighs about 240. If he cut down to 220-225, it would make him little faster. His stock is falling, maybe in early second round.

Not a fan of him either, although I'm not very knowledgeable of the WR position other than it being very deep. He has the body to be a very dominant guy. He kind of sounds like Hakeem Nicks (before he sucked), which would be great if you ask me, but he could also turn out to be another Limas Sweed.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I think like Jones last year that if DD is available that we hand in our card in 30 seconds or less.

My dream 1st 2 rounds are Dennard and a Benjamin free fall to us in the 2nd.

Same here.

There are doubts about every WR in the draft except for Watkins and Evans, who will both be gone before our 1st round pick. When you look at the rest of the receivers, I see Benjamin as one of the best available if not THE best available. We want a tall receiver, not only is he tall but he has a bigger frame to play physical. Maybe like a taller Hines Ward, and we need that in our receiving core. Another reason why I don't think a Beckham pick makes sense, we have enough skilled WR at 6'0" or under, we don't need another, we need a big, physical receiver like Benjamin or Bryant.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009

At pick 15 hell no. But a pick 46? Hell yes. I think he's worth the risk then. I'm on my phone so I don't feel like looking it up. But there's a pic of him at 240 on his pro day looking lean and jacked. He's in incredible shape.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
Same here.

There are doubts about every WR in the draft except for Watkins and Evans, who will both be gone before our 1st round pick. When you look at the rest of the receivers, I see Benjamin as one of the best available if not THE best available. We want a tall receiver, not only is he tall but he has a bigger frame to play physical. Maybe like a taller Hines Ward, and we need that in our receiving core. Another reason why I don't think a Beckham pick makes sense, we have enough skilled WR at 6'0" or under, we don't need another, we need a big, physical receiver like Benjamin or Bryant.

Even if he doesn't become a true number 1 type guy he'd still be by far our best red zone threat. That's something we desperately need. How many TD fade passes does Ben have in his career? Not many lol

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007

No, I've mentioned before I have many concerns about him. I'm hoping for a CB in round one and a WR in round two or three.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I think people fall in love with his measurables too much, lol. It's just hard to ignore his many flaws. He has a ton of work to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad