The Pittsburgher Thread: "The standard is the standard... at 0-2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
C’mon Chiefs... get it done. You are the only hope the league has of crumbling the Evil Empire.

I think that trade would hurt the Ravens. Theyd have to pay Ramsey soon. Its not like Fitz where we have him for 3 more years before worrying ahout it. And Hurst is legit. Ravens also draft well. Theyll have to pay Ramsey and then Lamar Jackson...

When they already get good secondary play for way cheaper. They develop DBs like we do WRs. They dont really "need" Ramsey at the expense of other positions. They finally landed a 1st round Wr. Brown, and both TEs is what makes that offense So good.

I hope they do get Ramsey

They wont be able to pay for OLBs like they've always had. Lost 3 from last year.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I think that trade would hurt the Ravens. Theyd have to pay Ramsey soon. Its not like Fitz where we have him for 3 more years before worrying ahout it. And Hurst is legit. Ravens also draft well. Theyll have to pay Ramsey and then Lamar Jackson...

When they already get good secondary play for way cheaper. They develop DBs like we do WRs. They dont really "need" Ramsey at the expense of other positions. They finally landed a 1st round Wr. Brown, and both TEs is what makes that offense So good.

I hope they do get Ramsey

They wont be able to pay for OLBs like they've always had. Lost 3 from last year.

Thats silly, Ramsey is one of the elite CBs in the NFL and he will be worth every penny he gets

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just looked at Ravens cap. Theyd just let Jimmy Smith walk...hes a FA next year. Would use his money(highest paid on Ravens) for Ramsey. So i take it back..go elsewhere lol

They'd be stacked until Lamar Jackson wants his extension. Depends how hes gonna treat situaton. Alot of players not honoring their rookie deals now.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ok Pitt...now that was a great play

They always beat top ranked teams. Lose to everyone else

UCF won 27 straight games lol.

Dont know how Pitt beats teams like Miami, Clemson(giving them their only loss in their championship year), etc yet choke against weaker teams.

Has to be coaching like it is with Steelers.

Id say this will help Pitt get more recruits but if beating Miami and Clemson didnt matter..

I want Maurice Ffrench for Steelers tho. Way better than Quadree Henderson when it comes to NFL level of talent. Henderson was great at Pitt but could tell that wouldnt translate. And hes not the WR that Ffrench is......also a captain for a reason.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Imagine if Pitt is the team that is able to end the winning streak of a team who has won like 28 games in a row. Insanity.

After seeing the student section on that Pickett TD pass, I'm kinda embarrassed as a Pitt grad student. Like Pitt's about to make a major upset and the student section is like half full.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
For once I’m kinda ok with Akron winning because it makes PSU’s win over them last week at least look a little better.

Love how pathetic the student section is there. Just knocked off a top 15 team on a trick play and there’s no one there to see it :laugh:.

Reactions: domaug

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
For once I’m kinda ok with Akron winning because it makes PSU’s win over them last week at least look a little better.

Love how pathetic the student section is there. Just knocked off a top 15 team on a trick play and there’s no one there to see it :laugh:.

It apparently was rowdy at the start of the game, but it thinned out greatly at halftime. I had to run to Oakland to pick up something and I saw like 4 or 5 buses full of people coming back from the Pitt game, and it actually made me mad. I guess you could point out the game did last like 4 hours, but still though. You're beating a a team on a 2+ year winning streak and you leave at halftime? What the hell?

I can't judge too much though, I didn't go to many football games while as an undergrad and I'm sure as hell not going to the student section anymore as a 24 year old doctoral student :laugh:

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
I'm a Pitt alumnus, but I'm still impressed by the team this season. 3/4 games were essentially against top 25 teams. With their schedule getting a little easier now I can see them going on a decent win streak. And Virginia is losing to Old Dominion right now...

I think they can be a dark horse for #2 in the division, maybe better if UVA blows a few games. UVA plays ND next weekend. UNC plays Clemson.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i hate Pitt but i have to admit it's funny that they ended UCF's winning streak. I'm sick of hearing about UCF in general.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ok Pitt...now that was a great play

They always beat top ranked teams. Lose to everyone else

UCF won 27 straight games lol.

Dont know how Pitt beats teams like Miami, Clemson(giving them their only loss in their championship year), etc yet choke against weaker teams.

Has to be coaching like it is with Steelers.

Id say this will help Pitt get more recruits but if beating Miami and Clemson didnt matter..

I want Maurice Ffrench for Steelers tho. Way better than Quadree Henderson when it comes to NFL level of talent. Henderson was great at Pitt but could tell that wouldnt translate. And hes not the WR that Ffrench is......also a captain for a reason.
Pitt has had 7 head coaches since Tomlin was hired. I don’t care for Pitt, but at least they don’t keep around head coaches for half of a decade after they should have been fired.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Pitt has had 7 head coaches since Tomlin was hired. I don’t care for Pitt, but at least they don’t keep around head coaches for half of a decade after they should have been fired.

Yeah its really working out well for them. :sarcasm:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

giphy.gif

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I mean just because the dude got a rub and tug, doesn’t mean he needs to allow nut jobs who have a track record and numerous sex assault accusations stay on his team. Kraft should be separating himself from any nonsense.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Just realized that tweet is also a picture of him with an accuser....guy is completely gone. Just because she was cool with you doesn’t mean a an accusation is false.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just realized that tweet is also a picture of him with an accuser....guy is completely gone. Just because she was cool with you doesn’t mean a an accusation is false.

So I decided to click the link from the tweet above and went into bizarro world. Never been on his Twitter before... dude is posting some crazy shit... he needs a friend to get him into rehab yesterday.

He's gone full Charlie Sheen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad