The Pittsburgher Thread: "The standard is the standard... at 0-2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm not celebrating just yet. Seeing his tweets and knowing who the Patriots are. One big sign will be if they go after his guarantees then I might think they are serious. If not then something is definitely up. I could see them picking him up at the deadline before the playoffs if they need him. Or pull a Josh Gordon if they don't win a Super Bowl this year. Lets thing die down for a year and sign him next year. I doubt this is how it ends.

First thing i thought of actually .

Bill ' look we cant be caught up in this right now....but stay quiet and handle your legal issues and few weeks before playoffs there's a spot for you"

This is the team that took on Blount cuz they were desperate to win for first time since 04....the way they got Martellus Bennett when Gronk got hurt...and so on. They know when they need more talent to win.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
First thing i thought of actually .

Bill ' look we cant be caught up in this right now....but stay quiet and handle your legal issues and few weeks before playoffs there's a spot for you"

This is the team that took on Blount cuz they were desperate to win for first time since 04....the way they got Martellus Bennett when Gronk got hurt...and so on. They know when they need more talent to win.

Yeah, I'm not buying this. He's taking it too well. If the Patriots need him they will pick him up. They have no moral compass.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Brown getting released from the Patriots as about as good of a start to the weekend that I could imagine.

Honestly, if the Steelers can’t right their ship and turn it around, the football season then goes to actively rooting against the Patriots/Ravens/Browns not winning the Super Bowl.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, something is up. I wouldn't celebrate this.

Pats are way too deep in your dome.

Dude was stupid enough to threaten a woman’s kids by text and leave easy evidence to bust him, because he’s a mental midget.

If you think there is some kind of master plan between he and the Pats you really, really need to relax.

Reactions: tread102 and NEPA

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Im already over this(unless he does go back towards end for playoffs lol).

We got Fitz due to it. And all this talent on D has now resulted in National media calling out Tomlin. So if. We dont win soon....gone.

Colbert set up these signings to be released next year with min dead cap. Barrron, Chickillo, Moncrief all front loaded. Moncrief costing us 5mil and barron 8 lol if we were to keep them for next year. Not happening .

Sean Davis will be let go and we have our FS locked up cheap til 2022. Perfect.

Do need to sign a OLB and draft. And figure out what to do with Ben. 25mil dead cap next year but 12mil in 21...saving us 20mil. Think they'd trade by then if Rudy pans out

2017-2019 drafts are being counted on heavily....for this current Window. Juju, Watt, Conner, Samuels, JW, DJ, Rudolph, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Bush...all rookie deals. With Tuitt, Heyward, DeCastro being top cap hits in double digits. So Colbert has to keep being aggressive. And trading Ben would help out alot. Thats huge.

Have to win one before we have to start having a defense again not filled with all top picks lol. Can't keep em all.

Some guys on offense wont get 2nd deals just like How we are gonna let Hargrave walk when wed def keep him if we could afford.

This time tho we should be trading players who are a year or two away from new deals. That's how Pats always manipulated cap. Would trade them for picks....get em back after they are cut in a few years...for cheap.

Instead of Tomlin exposing Burns for example..ruinijng his value....they could have kept his value high after the first two years he had and just claimed injury or whatever. Got a 3rd for him for example. That's what Pats do. Load up on Picks just so they can get a few to pan out. We need to load up at once cuz of the cap and already having so many all pros making above 10mil. Eventually trade Cam Heyward...before his contract is up. Exactly what Pats do. Then it allows us to draft his replacement.

And with how successful we are at drafting WRs all these years....we should have been trading guys like Wallace and Sanders. Pats trade a first for Cooks. Then trade Cooks for a first back. Just rented him for Superbowl run.

Colbert has been good at drafting. But after what bell/Brown pulled....now he knows he has to change with the times. Have to keep trading assets...and then trading picks to land guys that fit your window(currently is our 20117-19 drafts). We are losing the 2016 ..Burns, Davis , Hargrave.

Replaced burns with Nelson. Great sign. Davis with Fitz. As for Hargrave ...we need to figure out our base D...we didnt use him right at all.

Anyway, its not too late...could trade Hargrave for position of need. Ebron making 6mil for example. That would be a Pats like trade. They find GMs that deal with them tho for future favors lol. So instead of Ebron. Call up Arians in Tampa. They have cam Brate and oj Howard. Get one of them...and swap dupree with Lavonte David...adding Burns and Sean Davis too. Two positions of need for them.

And deals dont have to make sense. Pats have shown theres always a way to get who you want. They lose Gronk and get Packers to release Bennett..days later

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Dude was stupid enough to threaten a woman’s kids by text and leave easy evidence to bust him, because he’s a mental midget.

If you think there is some kind of master plan between he and the Pats you really, really need to relax.

They do trade players or release....then get em back . Jamie Collins. Lineman when others get hurt. Wrs when needed.

To me its being impressed by them. Not complaining. They can't force their division rival to give them Stephon Gilmore lol...as soon as their offense declines and they need. A top corner. Without him they dont stop the Rams "that" bad. Goff was a mess. Cuz they had two corners. Philly was able to abuse one side at least. Rams at least get a few TDs.

They always know what to add in advance to give them the best odds..

That's all I want Colbert to do. And hes off to good start since the Bush pick.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

I learned a long time ago, you can't take anything at face value from them. You have to treat them like the dirty cheaters that they are. I use to tell people they are still cheating then bam, deflategate and the advanced stats of how they rarely fumble because the ball is easier to grip. Their godly home record has always stuck out to me. Then the rumors of an ex player telling Peyton they bug the locker rooms. Then our headsets not working there. I still remember that game. We were driving on them with ease and ran a trick play and they covered it perfectly like they knew exactly what the play was. I think they bug the booths as well. The whole situation in the Seahawks Super Bowl and running the perfect defense to stop a slant and not Lynch.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I doubt there’s some hidden agenda with the pats and AB. He was due guarantees on Monday and he’s spiraling out of control. He’s not worth the headache for them. They’re good without him.

He’ll probably wind up somewhere though.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I learned a long time ago, you can't take anything at face value from them. You have to treat them like the dirty cheaters that they are. I use to tell people they are still cheating then bam, deflategate and the advanced stats of how they rarely fumble because the ball is easier to grip. Their godly home record has always stuck out to me. Then the rumors of an ex player telling Peyton they bug the locker rooms. Then our headsets not working there. I still remember that game. We were driving on them with ease and ran a trick play and they covered it perfectly like they knew exactly what the play was. I think they bug the booths as well. The whole situation in the Seahawks Super Bowl and running the perfect defense to stop a slant and not Lynch.

You sound exactly like my bro. He gets on the phone all the time and starts screaming about the mother f***ing **** sucking cheaters...

I tell him the same thing, relax cuz. They are cheaters, but it’s not worth having a heart attack over.

However, Brown is mentally ill my man. There is no nefarious plan here. The Pats will win another SB and they don’t need the assclown to do it

Hoodie doesn’t need that drama.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I doubt there’s some hidden agenda with the pats and AB. He was due guarantees on Monday and he’s spiraling out of control. He’s not worth the headache for them. They’re good without him.

He’ll probably wind up somewhere though.

Doesnt have to be hidden agenda. Just simply telling him stay out of news next few months to let this die down and stay by your phone for the playoffs. Something like that wouldnt shock me at all. Picked up Corey Dillon to win. Blount cuz they had zero run game. Bennett when they lost Gronk and guys like Floyd/Britt didnt work.

As for Seahawks game...Malcom Butler took too much credit eventually got to Bill...he sat him for Eagles loss..they could never figure out why(lol im playing...that was all on Seattle...but maybe they did hack their headset lol).. Then get Gilmore . Chung is on a lifetime cheap deal as well as McCourty. So they also get half off on contracts ...look at Brady. But hey this is all impressive. They are constantly trading with the Browns. Gordon,.Shelton, Sheard, Collins, etc.

Especially when you look back at their drafts . We have more mid round picks that pan out than they get from first rounders. They r very bad . Brady, Gronk, and a few other good ones.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is the part of his life he has to ignore...since this is now when everyone will pile on.....mob will be out full force.

Stay quiet...handle your legal issues. Dont respond to the masses that love to kick when down(no matter if the person caused it or not).

And eventually he would be wanted on a team again. But he already tweets ' the marathon continues". Instead of a " im ashamed i let things get this bad and will focus on putting it all behind me, learning from my mistakes that will lead to a better life"

Then stay out of the media. Let them keep talking....once you stop long enough ...the "misery loves company" crew move onto the next.

there are a lot of people that I think can redeem themselves as human beings.

antonio brown is not one of them. I’d bet everything on it.

Reactions: NEPA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is it. The barrage of allegations are going to come out. People are tired of his crap and how he goes about it. I'm more shocked the NFL hasn't just suspended him. What is he going to do? Take a knee to distract people he's a wankbucket?

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
If Rudolph does what I think he's capable of, couple that with JuJu (how is he only 22!), Washington (23), and Johnson (23) and we have a hellova young corps for the future. Add in Samuels (23) and Conner (24) and we're in real good shape

The one thing that we need to start addressing on offense is the OL. Pouncey is 30. Villa is 30. DeCastro 29. Foster will almost surely be done after this year. Finney and Feiler are capable starters at 27 so they'll probably be counted on for another 4-5 years. Jury is out on Okorafor. Fred Johnson was a UDFA and showed a lot of promise to make the roster but again, we can't expect him to be above the bar until he is.

Either way, we need to start preparing to replenish the line with higher end prospects in the next draft or 2.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Boston/New England Patriots All-Pros and Pro Bowlers | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pros and Pro Bowlers | Pro-Football-Reference.com

If you want to be depressed look at the diff in how many more all pros...and probowl types. Yet not even close to same results. Still went 2-1 on talent alone. With the talent...8-0 isnt an exaggeration.

There's no doubt they find any angle possible. No need to get into the cheating, the rule changes to benefit them...take away others strengths...but what bothered me was teams helping them out.

And these days? Think there's no hacking for inside info? Haha. The Houston Astros got fined for doing that to the Cards scouts process. Get fined...but start hitting on every first round pick sudddenly? If there's a way...Bill finds it. But i blame 31 other coaches for being dumb. Can't beat em join em...make it copycat league like NHL. Saints do bountygate to win their only title with Brees lol...or else Favre and Vikes were taking that all the way. Refs let 3 guys hit him late at once..constnstly. Was amazed at what i was watching. Then people got mad at the D coord...Williams. The refs let him get away with it. Why blame him..

Arright enough of this...thats how crazy the first two weeks have been this year

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Annoying that AB is now officially bad in the sports media because the Pats cut him. His ouster from Pittsburgh was Ben’s fault and his departure from Oakland was because they couldn’t handle his mercurial talent. But now all of a sudden he’s irredeemable.

Good news is there are some voices giving backlash to Hoodie and the Pats for continuing to align themselves with questionable and bad characters without making any public apology/allowance for their decision and decision-making.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Both Bill Belichicks sons have coaching roles with the Pats. When they are ready pluck one of them for the Steelers HC. They can't fall too far from the tree

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I'm not celebrating just yet. Seeing his tweets and knowing who the Patriots are. One big sign will be if they go after his guarantees then I might think they are serious. If not then something is definitely up. I could see them picking him up at the deadline before the playoffs if they need him. Or pull a Josh Gordon if they don't win a Super Bowl this year. Lets thing die down for a year and sign him next year. I doubt this is how it ends.
I’m not fractionally as knowledgeable about the NFL rules with cuts as I am with waives in the NHL. Can you resign someone in the same season you cut them in the NFL? I don’t believe BB would do it so I disagree with you there, but I’m legitimately asking from a place of ignorance at the moment.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
yDNhGpj.jpg

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, I'm not buying this. He's taking it too well. If the Patriots need him they will pick him up. They have no moral compass.

I am fairly sure that his agent told him that he burned all of his bridges and if he wanted any chance at a contract anywhere he had better seem gracious.

In fact, his agent likely wrote those tweets thanking the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad