The Pittsburgher Thread: "The standard is the standard... at 0-2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I'm glad the supposed Defensive Guru (Tomlin) has put his stamp on that side of the ball. I look forward to the defensive "rebuild" that's been happening for the past 7 years.

<waits for the Tomlin apologists to arrive>

Reactions: TNT87 and ColePens

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
**** Mike Tomlin and the whole coaching staff.

DK is a turd.. He said a large part of the criticism of Tomlin is based on race. I challenged him on this and asked what kind of study he did and what were the numbers / % of the fan base that are racist? He reacted by banning me from commenting ever again.

TURD

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
DK is a turd.. He said a large part of the criticism of Tomlin is based on race. I challenged him on this and asked what kind of study he did and what were the numbers / % of the fan base that are racist? He reacted by banning me from commenting ever again.

TURD

Maybe his theory would hold water if Cowher didn't get roasted in the same way. I mean this is the Steelers and their fans- you're gonna get skewered even if it was Belichek coaching this team

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

TURD

Goodness gracious I hate that argument. I am not trying to pull some holier than thou card but I honest to God do not care about race, gender, ethnicity, ANYTHING. I just don't f***ing care. Tomlin is a tremendous speaker and player's coach. That has led to huge culture issues as the players we had were more about themselves than the team. Right now this team needs an x's and o's coach more than anything. They cannot win on talent and Mikey left one SB (at least) on the table in this era. That is all on Tomlin, IMO, and ownership for standing by him.

And to prove how little I even give a f*** about people pulling that card, I honestly think Dan Bylsma/Mike Tomlin are almost identical. Complete idiots with x's and o's but really grasped the player's coach mentality. And DB was leaving a Cup on the table if he were still here even though his playoff appearance record was great. We got a strict guy who adjusted in the playoffs and it led to 2 Cups.

Oh and not saying Sully is perfect, either. His "style" will lose the room, too. That's just the way it is.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Maybe his theory would hold water if Cowher didn't get roasted in the same way. I mean this is the Steelers and their fans- you're gonna get skewered even if it was Belichek coaching this team

It's just a cheap shot and a dangerous one at that. Don't throw crap like that around unless you have something more than assumption behind it. In my experience of talking to 100's of Steelers fans, maybe 1 ever brought up race in a sheepish way.

Disgusting media

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

TURD

Why is he making this about race? That’s my biggest fear about why Rooney won’t let him go...

The biggest reason he gets slammed is because he’s a shitty coach that never improves, keeps making the same stupid ass mistakes for a decade now, is arrogant, and would have been fired years ago if he didn’t call a Rooney his boss.

So f***ing frustrating people will use the color of his skin as a defense for his atrocious coaching.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Goodness gracious I hate that argument. I am not trying to pull some holier than thou card but I honest to God do not care about race, gender, ethnicity, ANYTHING. I just don't ****ing care. Tomlin is a tremendous speaker and player's coach. That has led to huge culture issues as the players we had were more about themselves than the team. Right now this team needs an x's and o's coach more than anything. They cannot win on talent and Mikey left one SB (at least) on the table in this era. That is all on Tomlin, IMO, and ownership for standing by him.

And to prove how little I even give a **** about people pulling that card, I honestly think Dan Bylsma/Mike Tomlin are almost identical. Complete idiots with x's and o's but really grasped the player's coach mentality. And DB was leaving a Cup on the table if he were still here even though his playoff appearance record was great. We got a strict guy who adjusted in the playoffs and it led to 2 Cups.

Oh and not saying Sully is perfect, either. His "style" will lose the room, too. That's just the way it is.

Exactly SPOT ON

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
And now Madden is apparently going after JuJu for attending a concert last night. Now, which criticism (Tomlin vs JuJu) is more likely race related????

Reactions: Shady Machine

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

TURD

I f***ing hate society today. EVERYTHING negative that is ever levied against a minority is now just chalked up to racism. It's pathetic. Makes the actual meaning of the word worthless. There was a time when EVERY black or brown person in this nation faced legit racism. Openly, sometimes even violent kinds. It's ignorant f***ing :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: like DK that use the word racism to drum up hits and "controversy".

We just had a black President for 8 years. The world and this country aren't perfect when it comes to racial divides but anyone who thinks we're worse off now then we were during segregation is a f***ing moron. Period.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
And now Madden is apparently going after JuJu for attending a concert last night. Now, which criticism (Tomlin vs JuJu) is more likely race related????

I despise Madden so much. It's so blatantly obvious that Madden has an issue with Juju because he's an energetic and vocal black athlete, but he screams about how he's not a racist.

Criticizing Juju for living his life and not crying after a loss that wasn't even his fault is just absolutely asinine. There's no other way to describe it.

Reactions: K Fleur

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Juju seems like an awesome dude. Easily one of the most likable players on the team for me.

Reactions: Oxide

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Looks like Brees is out for 8 weeks... hopefully we get a little better news on BR.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like Brees is out for 8 weeks... hopefully we get a little better news on BR.

If it's surgery, he'll likely be out the year. I remember when Jake Delomme had it---I think the minimum recovery time is 4 months...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Goodness gracious I hate that argument. I am not trying to pull some holier than thou card but I honest to God do not care about race, gender, ethnicity, ANYTHING. I just don't ****ing care. Tomlin is a tremendous speaker and player's coach. That has led to huge culture issues as the players we had were more about themselves than the team. Right now this team needs an x's and o's coach more than anything. They cannot win on talent and Mikey left one SB (at least) on the table in this era. That is all on Tomlin, IMO, and ownership for standing by him.

And to prove how little I even give a **** about people pulling that card, I honestly think Dan Bylsma/Mike Tomlin are almost identical. Complete idiots with x's and o's but really grasped the player's coach mentality. And DB was leaving a Cup on the table if he were still here even though his playoff appearance record was great. We got a strict guy who adjusted in the playoffs and it led to 2 Cups.

Exactly. You can’t coddle a locker room full of man babies and that is what the NFL is now. Tomlin rode the talent he had to regular season success but when the stakes get raised in the postseason, he shits the bed in epic fashion.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
This “racism” bull shit is infuriating.

Can you imagine if a white player in the league had gone up to his black coach or GM and used the N word and threatened to punch him in the face? Forget what the team would do in that situation, that player would be banned by the league and skewered in the media. AB uses a racial slur against his white GM and nobody bats an eye lash and now he is still catching TDs.

Mike Tomlin seems like an awesome guy to hang out with and shoot the shit about, but he’s not the kind of schematic coach that we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad