The Pittsburgher Thread: "The standard is the standard... at 0-2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Brown too.

If Baltimore didn't care about a missing blood stained white suit and knife from a murder scene, why would they care about some rape allegations?

Baltimore does make the most sense to me, and would give them the most dynamic passing attack in the league.

I just cannot envision any team taking his situation on right now. No front office/coaching staff would want to be a part of that 3 ring circus.

I really hope Baltimore doesn’t land Ramsey.

That is a guy that the Chiefs needs to go all in on.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m thrilled that Brown is gone, for now, but we still have Tomlin and Butler and no running game.

upload_2019-9-21_9-51-40.jpeg

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm excited for the changes that have occurred this week. Johnson is starting. JuJu is moving to the slot. Washington is going outside. We finally have a slot corner so we dont get killed there anymore.

I think we have the WR corps that is more set up for how Rudolph plays v. how Ben plays.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm excited for the changes that have occurred this week. Johnson is starting. JuJu is moving to the slot. Washington is going outside. We finally have a slot corner so we dont get killed there anymore.

I think we have the WR corps that is more set up for how Rudolph plays v. how Ben plays.

Lots of changes including adding a guy they moved a first for, which has never happened in my lifetime.

Usually it’s quite depressing when your favorite team loses their franchise QB, but this is probably the most excited I’ve been for a game since Roth made his first start in ‘04.

Of course I was excited for this season and it got Tomlined the first two games, so I’m trying to be realistic about us discussing being Tomlined again by tomorrow evening.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Lots of changes including adding a guy they moved a first for, which has never happened in my lifetime.

Usually it’s quite depressing when your favorite team loses their franchise QB, but this is probably the most excited I’ve been for a game since Roth made his first start in ‘04.

Of course I was excited for this season and it got Tomlined the first two games, so I’m trying to be realistic about us discussing being Tomlined again by tomorrow evening.

I'll be really interested to see how they deploy Minkah. I'm hoping his presence helps bump Edmunds up a level or two. An elite safety can cover up an average secondary.

If Rudolph can come in and, at the very minimum, manage the game, this defense should be good enough to steal some games.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'll be really interested to see how they deploy Minkah. I'm hoping his presence helps bump Edmunds up a level or two. An elite safety can cover up an average secondary.

If Rudolph can come in and, at the very minimum, manage the game, this defense should be good enough to steal some games.

I want to say they need to go old school and let Rudolph manage the game while the run game and D wins the game.

Two problems with that... their D so far looks like ass and the 9ers biggest weakness is their secondary.

I guess we will see how much this staff trust Rudolph because attacking their secondary is likely the biggest key to victory.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I want to say they need to go old school and let Rudolph manage the game while the run game and D wins the game.

Two problems with that... their D so far looks like ass and the 9ers biggest weakness is their secondary.

I guess we will see how much this staff trust Rudolph because attacking their secondary is likely the biggest key to victory.

After watching Rudolph in college and the strides he has made this year, I think he will be a backup that can come in and manage the game. He will have a real chance to prove this season if he is going to be a difference maker, and if he does, this puts the team in a really weird spot. If he acquits himself, I could see Ben not wanting him around, Mason not wanting to wait around and cost himself money, and the team standing behind Ben playing as long as he wants.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
After watching Rudolph in college and the strides he has made this year, I think he will be a backup that can come in and manage the game. He will have a real chance to prove this season if he is going to be a difference maker, and if he does, this puts the team in a really weird spot. If he acquits himself, I could see Ben not wanting him around, Mason not wanting to wait around and cost himself money, and the team standing behind Ben playing as long as he wants.

One problem I'm really worried about is the 9ers getting up big because the Steelers are way too conservative. Then they can T off on Rudolph when he's in a hopeless situation trying to bring them back.

Hopefully the D can keep this close and the offense can score enough to pull it out at the end.

I do hear you on the Ben stuff though. If Rudolph does well this will be a very interesting off-season and Ben won't be wanting Rudolph around. Wouldn't be shocked if he tried to get him traded like Brady did with Jimmy G or Rudolph tries to get himself moved.

Of course on the flip side, Rudolph may totally blow and we will all be like uh, hope Ben is healing up fast!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
One problem I'm really worried about is the 9ers getting up big because the Steelers are way too conservative. Then they can T off on Rudolph when he's in a hopeless situation trying to bring them back.

Hopefully the D can keep this close and the offense can score enough to pull it out at the end.

I do hear you on the Ben stuff though. If Rudolph does well this will be a very interesting off-season and Ben won't be wanting Rudolph around. Wouldn't be shocked if he tried to get him traded like Brady did with Jimmy G or Rudolph tries to get himself moved.

Of course on the flip side, Rudolph may totally blow and we will all be like uh, hope Ben is healing up fast!

There is also the potential that he leads the team to a near .500 record and he becomes Batch 2.0.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Well I’m rooting hard for the kid. Here’s hoping they give him a full play book. And I’m hoping they get back to some PA , run-pass options and start making Ds more honest, such that the run game isn’t always looking at a box resembling a team picture of the other guys.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
There is also the potential that he leads the team to a near .500 record and he becomes Batch 2.0.

A Favre-Rodgers, Montana-Young or Manning-Luck situation seems like too much to hope for, but we are allowed to have our dreams...

And people really believe they aren't going to sign him before the playoffs or next year. Lets see if he gets that money Monday.

I need to introduce you to my bro and you two could start an underground double blind secret Pats conspiracy society or something...

Reactions: SouthGeorge

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is there any chance Kapernick will be throwing to Brown in the XFL?
hahaha

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ravens are gonna end up with Ramsey.

The Jaguars just turned down an offer from Baltimore.

A 1st, 2nd, TE Hayden Hurst.

Dont see them getting much better.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Damn. But theyd prob have to offer mark Andrews instead. Hurst always hurt

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yeesh Pitt crumbling. Having an Injured CB out there covering one of the top WRs in college.

Narduzzi is another fraud coaching a Pittsburgh team. But at least he can point to poor recruiting. No one wants to come to Pitt.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

C’mon Chiefs... get it done. You are the only hope the league has of crumbling the Evil Empire.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ravens will def try to add as much talent as possible before they have to pay Lamar. Same for chiefs

And as much as I like Ben...im hoping Mason is good enough to end his era here. We trade Ben next season....take the cap hit(2020 is rough but 2021 is basically 20 mil in savings).

Because we will not be able to keep all thar talent on D once Watt, Juju and others need contracts. We have our whole Oline making 10mil or close to it. And our DEs. They are our highest paid players. So we may have to trade Heyward eventually and replace thru draft(honestiy i wouldn't mind that...we are always passing on great DEs in draft in 1st-3rd round cuz we have Tuitt/Cam...so it wont be hard to replace)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad