The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bush Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Well he’s a UFA. I could see several teams that might take him.
Pats would be hilarious. I doubt that would happen.....and I’m never wr9ng about these things!

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Whatever top ranked team that loses this week will get desperate and call him up. Or a rival like the Ravens/Pats.

Is he fully over the Steelers and the Raiders his new focus on getting back at...so the Chiefs or Chargers instead if they come calling?

Never underestimate a team thinking they can be the one to fix someone. Its always been the case.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I think that's more likely - a losing team where he'll get a lot of targets and attention - than a contender who won't want to trash their locker room and risk a potential Super Bowl run.

New England has added more locker room cancers than anyone else... I don’t know why people think they won’t get him... they probably orchestrated this anyhow

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Just look for teams without another top end WR and deep pockets. Those are the only things that matter.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
New England has added more locker room cancers than anyone else... I don’t know why people think they won’t get him... they probably orchestrated this anyhow

Yeah, it's possible. I think he's more gone than the other cancers they've added though. We'll see.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Whatever top ranked team that loses this week will get desperate and call him up. Or a rival like the Ravens/Pats.

Is he fully over the Steelers and the Raiders his new focus on getting back at...so the Chiefs or Chargers instead if they come calling?

Never underestimate a team thinking they can be the one to fix someone. Its always been the case.
No way Andy Reed would put up with Brown being on the Chiefs.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
He’s never been right since the Burfict hit.

I know money changes people but the dude’s not well I think.

Reactions: chizzler

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Think Gruden will learn after both Martavis Bryant and AB blew up in his face!?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just takes one desperate team

And hes still one of the best. I actually do think 3rd time would be a charm lol.

But really...im assuming if someone did add him theyd have all the talks possible before hand. As in " hey...things have spiraled but lets turn this around and win it all..shut everyone up..." And so on. And with season starting tomm..he doesnt have so much down time for constant drama.

Can see Chiefs...or Jets...texans. Cowboys...Saints are desperate to get Brees more than one. Well see.

But he hasnt been suspended by the league. He will play and now that season is here...drama will be set aside for now.

I don't think that's the problem as much as AB not getting guaranteed money is the problem. No team is going to give him any guaranteed money after this stunt, and AB isn't going to sign anywhere without guaranteed money.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
He can't play til week 2? Well whatever contender loses week 1 will be the desperate team to reach out.

Brady throws 3 INTs tomm night....Bellichick sends Brown to his team Dr that specializes in these scenarios they decide to go with every once in awhile and a few brain zaps...good to go.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He can't play til week 2? Well whatever contender loses week 1 will be the desperate team to reach out.

Brady throws 3 INTs tomm night....Bellichick sends Brown to his team Dr that specializes in these scenarios they decide to go with every once in awhile and a few brain zaps...good to go.

I can’t enjoy this popcorn fest because I know the scumbags in NE will sign him and he’ll catch 100 passes and win a SB.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I’m trying to create a hypothetical NHL situation in my head that would mirror the AB saga, and I honestly can’t. This whole thing doesn’t seem real.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I don't think that's the problem as much as AB not getting guaranteed money is the problem. No team is going to give him any guaranteed money after this stunt, and AB isn't going to sign anywhere without guaranteed money.

If a team like the Texans drop a few games...i can see them dishing out whatever. To pair up with Hopkins. Lost Clowney...Watt getting older and that team seems to get tons of injuries every year.

Anyway can see alot of teams. Just depends what he wants...to win and put all this behind him, work on recovery. Or just get most money possible while getting back at one of Steelers/Raiders still making it about more than it ever had to be.

Like I said the offseason is finally over. Maybe he finally gets a moment of clarity and signs a cheaper deal with a good team to try to win it all. Chiefs, Texans, Chargers, Pats, Saints, Bears(need offense). Packers, Cowboys.

It may take a few weeks...but someone will convince him no guaranteed money and the chance to make plenty in bonuses.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I can’t enjoy this popcorn fest because I know the scumbags in NE will sign him and he’ll catch 100 passes and win a SB.

Didnt end well for Moss...18-1

And he wasnt nearly as bad. But yeah I can def see Bill wanting someone of Browns talent to go with Brady who was throwing a lot of ducks last year. Looked off alot. Then eventually threw to his safety blanket in Gronk in 4th quarter.

Eldeman can do alot with short passes but Brown lived on the sideline passes 20 or so yards down field that Ben would hit perfectly. I dont see Brady having that accuracy anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad