The Pittsburgher Thread: The Bush Era Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just hope the other 30 NFL teams black ball him...if one team caves in, it’s a bad precedent...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
All right: just going to get a big new star wide receiver...

94ee0.gif

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't really believe this, but:

Was all just a con to get Pittsburgh a couple extra draft picks.

Watch Tomlin, Ben, and AB actually be like one big family running a con on an old rival Raiders team.

They were all just sitting around one night, and AB was like "Hey Mike, Remember that 3rd round draft pick you cost the team because you tried to trip a player running down the side line? That shit was funny as f***. I got you."

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't really believe this, but:

Sorry but AB was the girlfriend who was a little nuts when you dated but was involuntary committed after leaving her next husband. You change your address and phone number when you hear that she is looking to get back with you.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Im calling the Saints. Team has beem desperate to get another title for Brees and what theyve been lacking the most is a good WR across from Thomas. One year deal...

Its gonna be a team with a legit QB. Actually think he wanted to leave the Raiders cuz he finally realized what we all knew....Carr isnt very accurate. And that's what Brown relied on most with Ben

I say this year he focuses on the one year deal to a team with the best chance to win it all(WR being the missing piece) then can get back to hating the Steelers/Raiders and get back at em next season by signing with a rival. Rivers is a solid QB but they have 2 top WRs already. Maybe the Chiefs. But going to NFC and avoiding the mess he created this year is whats best.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Honestly, the best thing the NFL could do for AB is stop him from playing and get him to move on with his life...the last thing he needs is another concussion...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Im calling the Saints. Team has beem desperate to get another title for Brees and what theyve been lacking the most is a good WR across from Thomas. One year deal...

Its gonna be a team with a legit QB. Actually think he wanted to leave the Raiders cuz he finally realized what we all knew....Carr isnt very accurate. And that's what Brown relied on most with Ben

I say this year he focuses on the one year deal to a team with the best chance to win it all(WR being the missing piece) then can get back to hating the Steelers/Raiders and get back at em next season by signing with a rival. Rivers is a solid QB but they have 2 top WRs already. Maybe the Chiefs. But going to NFC and avoiding the mess he created this year is whats best.

What org has a GOAT QB, really needs WR, has a coach that lacks a moral compass and will do anything to win?

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
What org has a GOAT QB, really needs WR, has a coach that lacks a moral compass and will do anything to win?

Pats but Payton isnt far off(bountygate on Favre? Lol) . And with Brees being an all time great yet only 1 win. Would be tough to swallow. Their main weakness is exactly what Brown could help with. They even tried with Dez Bryant who lasted one practice

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Pats but Payton isnt far off(bountygate on Favre? Lol) . And with Brees being an all time great yet only 1 win. Would be tough to swallow. Their main weakness is exactly what Brown could help with. They even tried with Dez Bryant who lasted one practice

I’m waiting to see where he goes before I allow myself to enjoy this.

Ah damn.. Raiders are finally onto you Colbert...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I suspect they won’t be trading with Pgh teams um... ever again.

Yeah, and the Pirates will never trade with teams that robbed them before too.

So, the Steelers trade Brown and it costs them $20 million in cap space. The Raiders cut him and it costs them three hundred thousand in cap space this year.

That does beg the question. If Brown did come back to the Steelers is it a cap zero event since they took that hit already? Or would they be charged twice?

CAN the Steelers even sign him in the same year as they traded him? In hockey I believe that there are some limits regarding that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonel Mustard

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Yeah, and the Pirates will never trade with teams that robbed them before too.

So, the Steelers trade Brown and it costs them $20 million in cap space. The Raiders cut him and it costs them three hundred thousand in cap space this year.

That does beg the question. If Brown did come back to the Steelers is it a cap zero event since they took that hit already? Or would they be charged twice?

CAN the Steelers even sign him in the same year as they traded him? In hockey I believe that there are some limits regarding that.

He's a free agent so can sign with anyone, no?

Would guess it comes off the dead cap. Not that we'd be interested.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
This is more than just narcissistic behavior. I wouldn't be surprised to see him having CTE complications and possibly a drug problem.

And if that's the case, I'm not going to make fun of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad