OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers in 1st n'at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I have no doubt he won’t get that, but he’ll get a contract that offers him $20-25 mil guaranteed and he’ll call that a big win over the Steelers’ low guaranteed money and tweet out that it was so worth him holding out!....book it

But we will all know lol...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I am so freaking happy he didn't sign the 70m one. Jeeeeeeees. And honestly I like what you did. 15m this year is immediately subtracted from next year's contract because he chose to ignore it. So he basically needs 100m to make this all worth while. That, hopefully, is a crazy stretch.

But you know... Jets/Raiders. Wait and see.

You don't have to worry about the Raiders. They are getting ready for the move and rebuild thru the draft. I don't think they let a Top 5 defensive player go to break the bank for a 28 year old rb.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I am so freaking happy he didn't sign the 70m one. Jeeeeeeees. And honestly I like what you did. 15m this year is immediately subtracted from next year's contract because he chose to ignore it. So he basically needs 100m to make this all worth while. That, hopefully, is a crazy stretch.

But you know... Jets/Raiders. Wait and see.

I don't ever see him being as good as he was, without one of the best O lines in front of him and missing an entire year and being another year older. His choice but I don't get it.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
He's probably even slower than he was appearing to be last year too.

He's never been a Gurley, Barkley or Zeke in terms of breakaway.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Looking more and more like he will not report. He got some really bad advice from his agent.

He is doing the Steelers a favor with all of that found cap space for next year.

Found cap space, found another franchise back and showed Bell he’s not really needed.

Couldn’t have worked out any better... for the Steelers at least.

Bell will get paid this March, but it looks like he lost a lot of respect from his coaches and teammates the way he handled this. He also lost 14.5m and will really need that monster deal he wants to ever make that back.

Reactions: KIRK

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
tenor.gif

I pity the fool who signs this clown to anything but a cheap one year show me contract.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It is kinda sad because he did a lot while here.

It is one of those situations where the way out the door is going to destroy all the good done up until now.

I am going to call him Jagr from now on.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I thought he was still Steelers property and they could franchise tag him again? I assume they wouldn't but still.

They can but everyone knows that they will not. The tweet merely is reflecting the reality of 'when pigs fly' is unlikely to ever happen.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
New England Championship game a couple of years ago when he pulled himself from the game under questionable circumstances.

I thought they should have traded him last offseason.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
What is it now? 17ish mil we got this offseason.

With only Foster, Hilton, and James being the major resignings.

Besides the depth guys of course.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

Just when I thought Peter Schrager couldn't get any more dumber. He bought the act that Bell is doing this for future RBs in the league. Bell doesn't give a shit about them. I'm amazed that anyone would believe this. Then again it doesn't surprise that Schrager buys his BS. Bell has always looked out for himself which is fine. But at least be a man and tell the Steelers what your plans are instead of constant juvenile tweets portraying yourself as some victim in all of this. Glad that this is over with for this season. Go make another rap album that ten people will listen to.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Exactly why I sided with the steelers.

I'm not guaranteeing 45+ mil for someone who is 1 missed or failed test from a yr suspension.
I'm not a die-hard football fan so it doesn't hurt me at all to say good riddance. So sick of hearing about him every week for NOT playing. If he isn't playing football he is a nobody. I hope nobody signs him and he burns through his money. It would be the ultimate karma burn.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Yeah I have no clue what he could be referring to.

Stupidity is color blind and however you slice it Bell and his agent seemingly made a real boneheaded move. Maybe someone will be even dumber and give him what he wants, and it pays off for him, but as of now I ain't seeing it.

And Conner emerging as he did made the Steelers come out smelling like roses in this. Celebrating that in this thread, I just am not getting the race angle. Not everything is about race, most of the time dumb is dumb and color blind.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Just when I thought Peter Schrager couldn't get any more dumber. He bought the act that Bell is doing this for future RBs in the league. Bell doesn't give a **** about them. I'm amazed that anyone would believe this. Then again it doesn't surprise that Schrager buys his BS. Bell has always looked out for himself which is fine. But at least be a man and tell the Steelers what your plans are instead of constant juvenile tweets portraying yourself as some victim in all of this. Glad that this is over with for this season. Go make another rap album that ten people will listen to.

The irony of the situation is the Steelers were the only team to vote NO to this current CBA. The players Bell texted and lied to about showing up Week 1 were the ones who represented the Steelers for the union, Foster and Pouncey. Makes a lot of sense why we can't get a call in the playoffs anymore and these players risked their careers and potentially being black balled. Foster even said "He's making 6 times what I make and cant' show up" So anytime you see somebody saying the players should get together and boycott the owners this is a prime example of why they won't. Why would current players risk their livelihood for some spoiled entitled asses in HS or college or right now? They aren't, it's not worth it. Just look at Leveon Bell.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Dude has to make 30 million guaranteed just to make up for this season alone... so he’s basically banking on someone giving him 45 mil guaranteed. Whoever does that is a f***ing moron.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
From Draft Day 2017
OT: - The Pittsburgher Thread: American Football n'at

I'm seeing a lot of complaining about the Conner pick all over different message boards. But there is a reason why the Steelers have 6 SB's and the Bengals have 0.

The Bengals have a team filled with headcases and they wonder why they meltdown when things get tough.

It's like Cowher always said nearly every week in his PC's; "you don't judge someones character when things are going well, you see their true character when times get tough".

I would have been happy with James Conner getting drafted by the Steelers in the 1st round because I am confident when it's all said and done, that will be his value to the team.
John Titor, Apr 29, 2017

I mean... not to toot my own horn, I fully understand I'm the dumbest guy on this board. Here's hoping I get smarter in the future and get accepted into the club!

No worries. I'd expect you to need to take a break from tooting Sprong's horn. :thumbd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad