OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers in 1st n'at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Bell is gonna ride the pine until Conner is hurt. That and keeping him off of a contender are the only 2 reasons I want him to sign next week.

Reactions: KIRK

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
The Chiefs schedule is tougher than the Pats. I don’t see the Pats losing again this year.

I don’t see the Steelers being the 1 or 2 seed at all. They will be battling the Bengals right down to the last game of the season to try and win the North to get in. And the Ravens could still be there at the end.

Best teams in the AFC from my perspective:

Patriots
Chiefs
Chargers
Steelers
Texans
Dolphins

Subject to change of course but that’s how I see it at this point.

I don’t think the Steelers D can become good enough to shut down the big gun teams, so the offense needs to become Patriots/Saints like, unstoppable.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The first time Bell carries the ball for no gain or a loss the boos are going to be deafening.

I remember what a slow start he had last year after holding out.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would never line up Bell anywhere but the slot. We need a 3rd option. Let Conner run, Brown/JuJu do their thing, and let Bell only line up to be on a LB. He's a much better option than anything else. Then the TE spot can block or route run and maybe Bell can help block, too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Bell is gonna ride the pine until Conner is hurt. That and keeping him off of a contender are the only 2 reasons I want him to sign next week.
I hope Conner doesn't get hurt. f*** Bell and his selfish stupid ass. We're doing fine with out him. Must suck for a whiny little shit like him.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
New England is about to make a statement tonight. They’re still the team to beat in the AFC. It’s incredible, their consistency.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
New England is about to make a statement tonight. They’re still the team to beat in the AFC. It’s incredible, their consistency.

They are and they will be for as long as Brady and Bellichick are there.

Even when Brady retires, I would bet that the Pats will have someone ready to roll right in and keep on winning.

Brady himself basically admitted the other day that it’s more the system than himself, by saying that Rodgers would throw for 7,000 yards on the Pats. Maybe a bit of blowing smoke up someones ass but you get the picture. The Patriots entire system is unlike any other in the league. Everybody is on the same page and if someone gets out of line, they pay for it.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
The Chiefs schedule is tougher than the Pats. I don’t see the Pats losing again this year.

I don’t see the Steelers being the 1 or 2 seed at all. They will be battling the Bengals right down to the last game of the season to try and win the North to get in. And the Ravens could still be there at the end.

Best teams in the AFC from my perspective:

Patriots
Chiefs
Chargers
Steelers
Texans
Dolphins

Subject to change of course but that’s how I see it at this point.

I don’t think the Steelers D can become good enough to shut down the big gun teams, so the offense needs to become Patriots/Saints like, unstoppable.
The...Dolphins?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
NE bested KC in a shootout for their statement game of the season. They don't need to beat Green Bay to be the team to beat in the East. But they probably will anyways.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Other than Ben getting the wind knocked out of him and JuJu leaving for a short period I don't believe the Steelers suffered any injuries which is good to see with a game coming up on Thursday.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
NE bested KC in a shootout for their statement game of the season. They don't need to beat Green Bay to be the team to beat in the East. But they probably will anyways.
Yep. Thing about them... they lost twice, on the road. Problem is, with their remaining schedule, it’s very probable they win out and get home field advantage. And nobody is beating them in Foxborough.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
- Tremendous game/season by Conner. Rushing for 100+ against the Ravens is a tall task that pays huge dividends.
- No turnovers. 1 sack? They were bringing constant pressure, but Ben seemed to know exactly how much time he had and made some of his own here & there. Spread out the offense nicely, too.
- 10/10 anger on the one-sided officiating. How was the (uncalled) PI in the endzone against Brown any different than the ones called against Pittsburgh?!? Really getting sick of the heave & pray and its frequency of drawing a flag.
- Can there be a separate Patriots appreciation thread? More hot takes on their success, please.

Edit: quite rude of me to not mention the Steelers defense. I suppose I could flag them for falling victim to the heave & pray so many times, but hard to argue with the ultimate result. Rush & red zone D were excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNT87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->