OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers in 1st n'at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am so freaking happy he didn't sign the 70m one. Jeeeeeeees. And honestly I like what you did. 15m this year is immediately subtracted from next year's contract because he chose to ignore it. So he basically needs 100m to make this all worth while. That, hopefully, is a crazy stretch.

But you know... Jets/Raiders. Wait and see.

Question is if Bell will go to a crap team.

I think he will.

And, I think one of them will do something stupid.

Honestly, who cares? The way this has played out has opened all kinds of opportunities for the Steelers in the next few years, especially next year.

EDIT: Seen a lot of people suggesting Houston.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What is it now? 17ish mil we got this offseason.

With only Foster, Hilton, and James being the major resignings.

Besides the depth guys of course.

More.

The 14.5M Bells isn't being paid that was allocated because of the franchise tag rolls over into next year (i.e., whatever the cap is, the Steelers cap will be 14.5M higher next year only).

@Mr Jiggyfly and I have been discussing. I saw something early in the season saying the Steelers had 10M, not counting the roll over. So, I'd figure 25M, plus whatever they do to save space . . .

(a) Burns going frees up 1.8M in space
(b) Burnett could go, and the FA market at safety is strong.
(c) I don't know if they'd do it, but Dupree has a 9.5M cap hit, all salary, so an upgrade would be doable, and OLB is another stacked position.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Question is if Bell will go to a crap team.

I think he will.

And, I think one of them will do something stupid.

Honestly, who cares? The way this has played out has opened all kinds of opportunities for the Steelers in the next few years, especially next year.

EDIT: Seen a lot of people suggesting Houston.

Bell is going to get an eye opener on how life is away from a system that was tailor made for RB's to thrive. Because then he's going to go to a team that is literally just going to pay him a boat load, is going to stink for the first couple of years of that contract and his numbers are never going to reach the levels he did while he was with the Steelers. Not many "offensive weapons that leave" this system, do. I can't remember one that has.

All I can say is, good riddance.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Just when I thought Peter Schrager couldn't get any more dumber. He bought the act that Bell is doing this for future RBs in the league. Bell doesn't give a **** about them. I'm amazed that anyone would believe this. Then again it doesn't surprise that Schrager buys his BS. Bell has always looked out for himself which is fine. But at least be a man and tell the Steelers what your plans are instead of constant juvenile tweets portraying yourself as some victim in all of this. Glad that this is over with for this season. Go make another rap album that ten people will listen to.

He’s made noises about being a running back martyr before. Apparently his agent didn’t tell him all of this will be irrelevant when the issue is revised in the next CBA. But the owners will never agree to a process that changes the universal reality that running backs are - with few exceptions- easily expendable.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bell is going to get an eye opener on how life is away from a system that was tailor made for RB's to thrive. Because then he's going to go to a team that is literally just going to pay him a boat load, is going to stink for the first couple of years of that contract and his numbers are never going to reach the levels he did while he was with the Steelers. Not many "offensive weapons that leave" this system, do. I can't remember one that has.

Emmanuel Sanders went from #2 receiver to even greater success in Denver. But, yes, overall the point stands . . .

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

I really dont think he cares that much.

Once he gets the guaranteed money he wants he could get cut and I doubt it would phase him.

He would just try to continue with his rap career... lol

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I did want him to come back for the rest of this season.

Not only in case of injury(we get them every year since 2014…starting week 13 ) but as that extra option at WR…taking over for Ridley…even as a decoy to throw defenses off pre snap.
But now that he chose to not be apart of this team, having a chance to win it all….no doubt this has players in the lockeroom fired up. Here comes that extra motivation to win it all.

And I do believe he wanted the team to fail without him…his tweet after game 1(then backtracks saying he never saw a tie). Only natural for someone to want that to happen anyway…Conner doing this well is probably what made his mind up. He chose to sit out and miss out on a Superbowl run because he knew he wouldnt see the field that much. Even tho he was supposedly sitting out to preserve his health…yeah that may have been true to start the season but if we truly needed a RB by now I do think he would have come back to finish the season.

Anyway, we just better stay healthy now. And keep working in Samuels like last week. Not Ridley. Theres nothing special with him. Should be all Conner/Samuels. Jaylen was known for having a "knack for finding the endzone" coming out of college and alot of fans didnt buy into that. Saying theres no such thing..but look at how he scored on that 6 yard TD pass. Alot get stopped short…he jumps thru the air to get in. He is that swiss army knife type player we can utilize. The more touches he gets the better he will be going into the playoffs. And keeping Conner fresh. They had to have learned by now by running Bell into the ground too much. And even if they havent…I have faith they will now use a committee just to spite Bell lol.

Dont underestimate how upset the orginization is by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->