The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh yay an evening game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Yep Tuitt done for the year. Not our year anyway, but that sucks. “Next man up”

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Yup paying Tuitt way too much.

Please get Ryan Kerrigan. To take his spot and then Buds next year

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
At least this happened before the deadline. Usually are serious injuries are always after. We can make it work with Alaulu and Hargrave but would have to use extra LBs. Why not look to trade player for player. I keep mentioning Kerrigan but even an older FA that a team isn't gonna re-sign. A rental....we trade them our young FA giving them first dibs on re-signing him. Sean Davis for a vet DE for example. Since he will land someone a comp pick...he will get paid.

Get creative like that

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Was one of our best defenders and mauled o-lineman. You’re not giving him enough credit.

Reactions: Andy99

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Was one of our best defenders and mauled o-lineman. You’re not giving him enough credit.
I don’t disagree but staying healthy means something. His $14 million+ cap hit is a detriment to the team if he can’t stay on the field. Dude is injured all the time...

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Tuitt is a huge loss. He was having a great season.

What's with all the injuries on defense? Half of the starters are injured at the moment.

Last edited:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Tuitt is a huge loss. He was having a great season.

What's with all the injuries on defense? Half of the starters are injured at the moment.

It's a combination of things:

First thing is the training and supplements. Today's college and professional football players are able to put on serious body mass without losing athleticism. Whether this is done legally or illegally, the issue should be addressed. I would say most professional football players are doing something in this regard, but some are doing so in a freakish manner and they're easy to spot. Tuitt for example, his body isn't uniformed, it looks unnatural at first glance. Could this be a reason for all of his injury problems??? Please take a look at pictures of Chargers MLB Thomas Davis throughout his career. Dude is getting older, hasn't lost much speed and now has freakish mass on his body. I had to look him up the other night when he nearly knocked out 2 of our WR's. His body looked ridiculous in his pads. And yet the NFL watches the same thing and doesn't see anything out of the ordinary from a 14 year vet?? ROFL .... OK

Another issue that ties into the first is that today's NFL players focus more on their athleticism than their football acumen.

Yes the NFL should try to limit targeting fouls, but those type of hits will always occur when bodies are colliding. Instead, the NFL should focus on getting all of their athletes 100% clean with a zero% tolerance. Get caught cheating, you are out of the league. But I don't think the NFL cares. I also think the NFL refs are major issue, and that never gets addressed either.

Reactions: Pengwins

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I think the size of players today has much more to do with training and nutrition than performance-enhancing substances, but, obviously, both limits and testing would help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad