The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh yay an evening game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
That’s one hell of a win. Playing our fourth string QB (from preseason), losing the guys we did tonight... big win. The bye is coming at a much needed time. Three straight home games after the bye. It’d be nice to at least go 2-1 in those.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
This team is absolutely terribad against tight ends. Every year.

Whoever is responsible for play calling and substitutions (we all know) needs shit canned.

There is no reason... NONE. To have Kelly out there the entire final drive while Fitzpatrick was on the sidelines.

Fitz was doing a respectable job holding down Allen and Hunter for the most part, when they were going over the middle.

But anytime they were eating up chunks of yrds up the middle Kelly was in.

Yet they decide to put Kelly in over Fitz on the last chance LAC had.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Wtf was Rivers doing to Hilton at the end? “Rivers is known for trash talking” lmao saying dang flabbit and gosh darnit doesn’t count as trash talk on the field

Hilton was probably reminding him of how they fan their mouths at the end of the game last yr. Completley disregarding the 2 blatant non calls that led to them winning (and Bostic covering Allen).

And Rivers being the baby he is couldnt handle the trash talk. That dudes runs his mouth so much when he is winning, but cant take it when he loses.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I know it was the Chargers and they suck.

But I was finally impressed with Snells showing. He hit the holes well and kept his legs moving when he made contact.

Hopefully he can build on that.

They actually had a good idea with having Hilton in the slot on running downs and Sutton in on passing downs. Sutton played well.

Bush is making a serious case for defensive rookie of the yr. Gets better every game. Meanwhile Devin white has been a non factor and got stiffed armed into a helicopter spin by CMC today.

Our WRs still need to improve someones gotta step up go help take the pressure off JuJu.

Reactions: TNT87

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I know it was the Chargers and they suck.

But I was finally impressed with Snells showing. He hit the holes well and kept his legs moving when he made contact.

Hopefully he can build on that.

They actually had a good idea with having Hilton in the slot on running downs and Sutton in on passing downs. Sutton played well.

Bush is making a serious case for defensive rookie of the yr. Gets better every game. Meanwhile Devin white has been a non factor and got stiffed armed into a helicopter spin by CMC today.

Our WRs still need to improve someones gotta step up go help take the pressure off JuJu.

The Steelers are facing a whole lot of suck in the coming games. Honestly they are a middle of the road team, although the defense is really becoming something. Middle of the road will beat teams like the Chargers with a decimated O-Line.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
The Steelers are facing a whole lot of suck in the coming games. Honestly they are a middle of the road team, although the defense is really becoming something. Middle of the road will beat teams like the Chargers with a decimated O-Line.

Which seeing as Baltimore still has to play NE, SF, SEA.

If we can find a way to RIP off a win streak, we are easily back in AFC North contention.

We just cant have the annual shit game against a bad team.

Like Miami, ARZ etc.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I think that was Snell’s ceiling. They must have watched his college tape again and tailored his carries strictly to between the tackles, downhill runs. That’s all he can do. Minimal YAC. Minimal receiving. No real speed for the defense to worry about. Just head down running, hoping he can get 4 yards before someone touches him

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
If we can find a way to RIP off a win streak, we are easily back in AFC North contention.

We just cant have the annual **** game against a bad team.

Like Miami, ARZ etc.

With this coaching staff I wouldn't get ahead of myself. One of the 2 teams you mention will get a win on us. (I wouldn't be surprised if both actually :laugh:) I think it's going to be Miami and it'll be their 1 and only win of the season. Because Tomlin.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The loss to Baltimore was pretty damaging for division hopes, but it is early and a lot is still to be worked out.

What’s interesting outside of the division though is the wild card picture in the AFC. Right now if the playoffs started today, WC1 and 2 are the 4-1 Bills and 3-2 Raiders. After that? The 3-2 Colts, followed by all the 2-4 teams. And the Steelers still play the Colts and Bills both at home.

I still don’t think a .500 season is likely let alone a playoff chance... the injuries aren’t good and the Chargers were even more banged up. But eh, who knows. Hope they can at least make things as interesting as possible.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
After watching Duck guy, Rudolph looks like a super star, HOFer.

That would have been ugly as hell if the defense didn’t do their thing.

Hodges has balls, ill give him that. But he makes some bad decisions. I wish we could merge the two.

Just like i wish we could merge Williams and Barron. You know Williams ply with Barrons reputation in coverage.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I was driving from Cbus to PGH during the game last night so had to listen to network radio broadcast. Some play by play dude with Rod Woodson. PBP guy says he doinked it off the upright, Woodson says ‘Nice. Myron Cope.’

Now, I don’t know if Cope is now derided as a hopeless yinzer by you young folks, but he’s still a legend to me. To hear his name during the broadcast was funny.

Whoever is responsible for play calling and substitutions (we all know) needs **** canned.

There is no reason... NONE. To have Kelly out there the entire final drive while Fitzpatrick was on the sidelines.

Fitz was doing a respectable job holding down Allen and Hunter for the most part, when they were going over the middle.

But anytime they were eating up chunks of yrds up the middle Kelly was in.

Yet they decide to put Kelly in over Fitz on the last chance LAC had.

What was the deal with that? The only time I heard Fitz’ name mentioned was when he apparently dropped an easy interception?

The loss to Baltimore was pretty damaging for division hopes, but it is early and a lot is still to be worked out.

What’s interesting outside of the division though is the wild card picture in the AFC. Right now if the playoffs started today, WC1 and 2 are the 4-1 Bills and 3-2 Raiders. After that? The 3-2 Colts, followed by all the 2-4 teams. And the Steelers still play the Colts and Bills both at home.

I still don’t think a .500 season is likely let alone a playoff chance... the injuries aren’t good and the Chargers were even more banged up. But eh, who knows. Hope they can at least make things as interesting as possible.

Steelers though have no margin for error. And are likely to drop a game or two that are crucial, like last week’s game v Baltimore. I was thinking the same as I was watching Browns and Ravens games yesterday afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNT87 and NEPA

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
After watching Duck guy, Rudolph looks like a super star, HOFer.

That would have been ugly as hell if the defense didn’t do their thing.
Honestly, the D only started looking weak when the offense kept going 3 and out in the second half. It’s hard to stay looking great when you have no rest.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hodges has balls, ill give him that. But he makes some bad decisions. I wish we could merge the two.

Just like i wish we could merge Williams and Barron. You know Williams ply with Barrons reputation in coverage.

Rudolph has most of the tools you want. Hodges can just run a little better.

I think we kind of got a little taste yesterday of just how well Rudolph was actually doing, despite all this nonsense about passes traveling a certain distance.

Montana became the greatest of all time living off the slant and short game. He nickel and dimed teams to death with the West Coast offense and he and Walsh redefined the game that way.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
watched the extended highlights after only listening ot the game. i swear bud made a nice tfl early and then spent the rest of the highlights getting pancaked lol

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
My only complaint... We were up 21-0. Got the ball at like the 40 with 30 seconds left in the 2nd. Why not take a shot deep? Chance of PI, points, and worst case an int punt. The lack of aggression/points almost cost us. NE would have done it. For somebody who claims to not live in his fears, he plays scared ball.

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Right now Devin Bush isn't just putting up numbers good enough to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year, he's putting up numbers that are similar to what Ray Lewis did in 2003 when he won Defensive Player of the Year.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
My only complaint... We were up 21-0. Got the ball at like the 40 with 30 seconds left in the 2nd. Why not take a shot deep? Chance of PI, points, and worst case an int punt. The lack of aggression/points almost cost us. NE would have done it. For somebody who claims to not live in his fears, he plays scared ball.

Did you see his deep passes? They tried to be aggressive with the pass to Holton and it was picked which allowed them to creep back in the game. If it was Ben I could see it but there was no reason to risk it when you dominated play in the first half with a 3rd QB making his first start. Comparing it to NE with Brady is absurd.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Did you see his deep passes? They tried to be aggressive with the pass to Holton and it was picked which allowed them to creep back in the game. If it was Ben I could see it but there was no reason to risk it when you dominated play in the first half with a 3rd QB making his first start. Comparing it to NE with Brady is absurd.

Holton didn't attack the ball either. You let him throw it up... Catch, PI, or int punt at their 20-30 with 20 something seconds left. It's a no brainer.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I think that was Snell’s ceiling. They must have watched his college tape again and tailored his carries strictly to between the tackles, downhill runs. That’s all he can do. Minimal YAC. Minimal receiving. No real speed for the defense to worry about. Just head down running, hoping he can get 4 yards before someone touches him

I do not concur

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Hilton was probably reminding him of how they fan their mouths at the end of the game last yr. Completley disregarding the 2 blatant non calls that led to them winning (and Bostic covering Allen).

And Rivers being the baby he is couldnt handle the trash talk. That dudes runs his mouth so much when he is winning, but cant take it when he loses.

Well, the Steelers tend to run their mouths whether they are winning or losing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad