GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Leave it to Mark Madden to make the pirates worth talking about.

This poses an interesting question, who is more popular in the city, the Pirates or Madden? I don't have proof but I'm going to guess that MM gets better ratings.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Leave it to Mark Madden to make the pirates worth talking about.

This poses an interesting question, who is more popular in the city, the Pirates or Madden? I don't have proof but I'm going to guess that MM gets better ratings.
Probably Madden. I don’t know - he really seems to be good at these Twitter spats.

Also not to defend Frazier, but DK is really stretching with this whole “ethnic bigotry” thing just because he got called “Dijon”. Dumb, but really that offensive to him?

Last edited:

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
never bet against mikes ability to be mediocre.
It is a shame this team couldn't put a defense at the level of '19 or '20 with an offense like '14-18. Steelers will have a decent d for the next couple seasons but so what? The only elite level talent is at WR. We need a quality QB, TE, C, and at least one OT, and OG on offense. Its gonna be a nightmare.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I expect 7-9 wins.
The D will be solid like always but Ben can't sling it like he used to. Plus we have the toughest schedule in the league. They'll likely squeek out 1-2 upset wins but they'll also lose to a bottom dweller like Cinci.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I bet they’ll do better than you guys think.

I see a 9-7 or 10-6 season and if they make the playoffs, that’s the easiest prediction anyone could make.

Hope like hell I’m wrong and they finish badly enough to find their next franchise QB, but I’m not seeing the crap season so many believe is coming.

Reactions: cookthebooks

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Other than the general pessimistic nature of Steelers fans, I really don't see why the gloom and doom. They have a top 5 defense, as good a WR corps as anyone, and a likely stud RB. The only real question marks are Ben and the OL, and while acknowledging those are big question marks, this is hardly some hollowed out shell of a team as it's being made out to be.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Other than the general pessimistic nature of Steelers fans, I really don't see why the gloom and doom. They have a top 5 defense, as good a WR corps as anyone, and a likely stud RB. The only real question marks are Ben and the OL, and while acknowledging those are big question marks, this is hardly some hollowed out shell of a team as it's being made out to be.

I think how they fell of a cliff last season at the end is skewering people’s opinions about how bad this team actually is.

For some reason a lot of Steeler fans are forgetting that late season collapses and playoff embarrassments are a Tomlin trademark - not a sign of this team going into a historically bad tailspin.

If we are being realistic, this team has the look of a decent to good team... unfortunately.

Reactions: RustyRazor

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They have 4 new o line men a new CB2 a new NCB new OlB new Milb no safety depth or Olb. Ben is 39 and has lead the league in pass attempts since Bell left. He still hates play action and RPo. He will be asked to operate out of pistol instead of shotgun

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I think how they fell of a cliff last season at the end is skewering people’s opinions about how bad this team actually is.

For some reason a lot of Steeler fans are forgetting that late season collapses and playoff embarrassments are a Tomlin trademark - not a sign of this team going into a historically bad tailspin.

If we are being realistic, this team has the look of a decent to good team... unfortunately.
Why is a trade Mark of Tomlin but not Ben? Ben playoff numbers are terrible the last 2 losses in the playoffs he gave Jacksonville 14 points off turnovers and Cleveland 28 because of turnovers

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Why is a trade Mark of Tomlin but not Ben? Ben playoff numbers are terrible the last 2 losses in the playoffs he gave Jacksonville 14 points off turnovers and Cleveland 28 because of turnovers

Was Roth around in 2019 when Tomlin went Tomlin and collapsed in December again, missing his shot at the playoffs?

And how many points did Roth put up agt Jax in the playoffs?

How many points did Tomlin’s D let up?

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
They have 4 new o line men a new CB2 a new NCB new OlB new Milb no safety depth or Olb. Ben is 39 and has lead the league in pass attempts since Bell left. He still hates play action and RPo. He will be asked to operate out of pistol instead of shotgun

Right, and you can pick apart pretty much any NFL roster that way. Sutton replacing Nelson is at worst a wash, the "new Milb" is Devin Bush, who is a huge upgrade from Williamson and Spillane, and they actually have 2 new offensive linemen and not 4 as DeCastro, Dotson, and Okorafor all started some or all of last year. There are certainly holes, no doubt, but let's not embellish them and make it more gloom and doom than it actually is.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Right, and you can pick apart pretty much any NFL roster that way. Sutton replacing Nelson is at worst a wash, the "new Milb" is Devin Bush, who is a huge upgrade from Williamson and Spillane, and they actually have 2 new offensive linemen and not 4 as DeCastro, Dotson, and Okorafor all started some or all of last year. There are certainly holes, no doubt, but let's not embellish them and make it more gloom and doom than it actually is.
No the new milb is Spillane Bush was a starter last season. Doctson didn’t play a lot okafor is moving to LT no experience there so it’s a new position for him. I do he will be above average at LT. I agree with Nelson Sutton being a super push

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Was Roth around in 2019 when Tomlin went Tomlin and collapsed in December again, missing his shot at the playoffs?

And how many points did Roth put up agt Jax in the playoffs?

How many points did Tomlin’s D let up?
In 2018 it was 28/7 before the great Ben Roethlisberger offense with bell Ab woke up. 14 points came from a pick 6 and a Ben fumble.
If the league was 7 playoff teams in 2019 like now they qualify for the playoffs without Ben with Mason and Duck

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
No the new milb is Spillane Bush was a starter last season. Doctson didn’t play a lot okafor is moving to LT no experience there so it’s a new position for him. I do he will be above average at LT. I agree with Nelson Sutton being a super push

Well, Williams is back so I would assume he and Spillane would split duties, so the personnel inside is on balance an upgrade as Bush/Williams/Spillane is better than Williamson/Williams/Spillane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad