The Pittsburgher Thread - Mr Big Chest: The Final Chapter Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There is zero excuse for not getting one of the 2 stud ILB's. We have extra draft capital. We're going to get a good comp pick next year for Bell (maybe a 3rd but probably a 4th). White and Bush won't be there at 20 but I have to believe if we can get into the top 12 we'll have a strong shot at Bush. If he makes it to 10 you had better be on the phone calling teams.

As much as I think Hockenson will be a stud, TE is a luxury pick for our team. We need a stud backer that can take some of the pressure of Vince inside. Williams is a solid LB, in fact I think he's a bit underrated, but he was at his best when you had Shazier flying around, taking up the attention of other teams. Yeah we added Barron but he's not a long term answer, as much as I do like him.

Actually, depending upon when White goes, the Steelers may not have the draft capital. If @MurrKess3081 is right and White is off the board to Tampa and Bush looks likely to go to Cincy if he falls to #11, the cost to trade up to #10, assuming Denver is even willing to consider it based on objective value, is 450 points. That's a 2nd and a compensatory 3rd, and I'd think Denver would want a little premium on that.

So, if White is off the board at or around #5, then is Bush worth a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd, because that would be the price tag MINIMUM to jump ahead of Cincy?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And that might be the best option, depending upon how the draft falls.

A 2nd and the later 3rd probably gets you one of the first picks of the 2nd round. Both 3rd round picks get you to the middle of the 2nd round. Long story short, if they can't grab one of their 2 ILB targets at #20, they can go BPA and then trade up to very early on day 2 to grab another one.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
A 2nd and the later 3rd probably gets you one of the first picks of the 2nd round. Both 3rd round picks get you to the middle of the 2nd round. Long story short, if they can't grab one of their 2 ILB targets at #20, they can go BPA and then trade up to very early on day 2 to grab another one.

I want White so bad but reality is setting in so I agree this is the best route to take.

White will be gone by 10.
Bush will be gone by 20.

You could make that 2nd a 2020 but we know the steelers hate trading away picks so will most likely stay at 20.

Wilson isnt worth grabbing at 20.

I'm praying Hockenson is there...

Soooooo.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I want White so bad but reality is setting in so I agree this is the best route to take.

Bush will be gone by 20.

You could make that 2nd a 2020 but we know the steelers hate trading away picks so will most likely stay at 20.

Soooooo.

If Bush gets past Cincy, I see them trying to trade up to get him.

If NOT, then I see them going BPA in round 1 and looking to trade up to grab Wilson early in the 2nd.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Bush will be gone by 20.

Soooooo.

I’ve made peace with the fact White isn’t going to be a Steeler.

Like I said yesterday if Bush is still hanging around in the mid teens, try and move up, which will likely cost the Raiders third.

I doubt they go with Hockenson, will be a pass rusher or corner if Bush is gone.

All they do now is draft D first round. Going off memory I can’t even recall their last first round pick on offense... Decastro?

Reactions: KIRK

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Meh, I stopped caring. He would have had to learn the plays and everything...

Yeah it would have been really really complex, especially for a guy who has played in the league as long as Houston. He’s so used to certain things that learning a new set of plays would just be a lot

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Who didn't just know this was gonna happen when we signed Barron.

And the Ben extension came out to be not even completed yet.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Oh well... time to focus on the draft. I think we are done with UFA

Do we need a new thread?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Well this sucks. Keeping Dupree and Chick over signing Houston is just another colossal mistake by this team. What else is new?

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
CBs, LBs, TEs, WRs, someone in a position that we need/covet will be there at 20. Just watch and see, and there is enough depth in each category to get one almost as good in round two or three in the other categories.

I don't disagree. You just know Jones and Lock will go top 20 as well. So we're going to most likely get a top 15 position player.

Hock is my #2 after White which is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad