The Pittsburgher Thread - Mr Big Chest: The Final Chapter Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Thinking really hard . . . the last 'hey, this guy is legit and in his prime and didn't come cheap' guy the Steelers signed would be, who, Jeff Hartings in 2001? :laugh:

That would be a comparable for the scale with Roby, yes?

BTW, too many teams with money to burn . . . no way the Steelers pay the price (even if it doesn't get out of hand on the bidding).

Yeah, he and Farrior were good FA signings.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Too bad. He’s not irreplaceable, but as talented as McDonald his, he seems to be injury prone, and they need someone between VM and the guy who goes out of his way to fumble/run someone over at the goal line.

He was dependable and I’m sorry he’s gone...

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
NFL Network is going to talk about the Steelers next.

Something change?

Welp looks like Bell is standing firm on his demands. I really dk what this guy wants from teams.

I understand he wants paid and kind of respect he was up front about that front the Jump. But common man....

Hes not getting more than Gurley...

Well unless an idiot team like NYJ or someone pays him.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Let me rephrase from my bird team comment since the jets are still in last time I checked.

The Ravens are equally as close as the Jets. So....

Eagles tried but Bell wants too much.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Welp looks like Bell is standing firm on his demands. I really dk what this guy wants from teams.

I understand he wants paid and kind of respect he was up front about that front the Jump. But common man....

Hes not getting more than Gurley...

Well unless an idiot team like NYJ or someone pays him.

Watching his stutter step, plodding style behind that Jets line would be pure comedy.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
NFL Network is going to talk about the Steelers next.

Lasted 30 seconds and noted the Steelers traditionally don't sign free agents but they do have 10 picks. :laugh:

That said, the Steelers traditionally have nowhere NEAR this kind of coin available (and available to free up).

One thing they've got going for them is they can work around Brown's dead money for a big get with a heavy signing bonus and low year one salary to keep the cap hit down.

Reactions: Andy99 and TNT87

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Lasted 30 seconds and noted the Steelers traditionally don't sign free agents but they do have 10 picks. :laugh:

That said, the Steelers traditionally have nowhere NEAR this kind of coin available (and available to free up).

One thing they've got going for them is they can work around Brown's dead money for a big get with a heavy signing bonus and low year one salary to keep the cap hit down.

I was wondering about that. Cause next yr Browns cap comes off and out the gate we have 21 mil in cap space.

But dont we have to resign Watt and JuJu at some point soon?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I was wondering about that. Cause next yr Browns cap comes off and out the gate we have 21 mil in cap space.

They should both be on four year deals. Watt is a first rounder so they will have a fifth year option I believe.

Reactions: USMC607 and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

You worry about it then. :D

BTW, Brown's 21M dead money comes off AND the cap will go up, but they also lose the credit for that added space they get this year from never paying Bell's franchise tag money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad