OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Mike Tomlin = Groundhog Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
BTW, on the radio yesterday, they interviewed a reporter from the Titans area and he confirmed it was the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach that was the first to show symptoms and to test positive.

He actually tested positive on Saturday before the Vikings game and was held back from traveling etc. And they still played the game. Now, luckily it looks like it didn't get transmitted to the Vikings but.....

IMO, this is going to happen again, and the NFL regular season will be 18-19 weeks long.

Reactions: That1Kid

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
BTW, on the radio yesterday, they interviewed a reporter from the Titans area and he confirmed it was the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach that was the first to show symptoms and to test positive.

He actually tested positive on Saturday before the Vikings game and was held back from traveling etc. And they still played the game. Now, luckily it looks like it didn't get transmitted to the Vikings but.....

IMO, this is going to happen again, and the NFL regular season will be 18-19 weeks long.

I'm not sure we know that. Because Titans have new positives popping up everyday. Unless everyone testing positive wasn't with the team for the Vikings game? If that's the case and the team hasn't been in contact with them. Why isn't this game being played? Vrabel did learn from Belicheat. Are they gaming the system to get this game pushed back since they were going to be missing some key starters due to injury?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm not sure we know that. Because Titans have new positives popping up everyday. Unless everyone testing positive wasn't with the team for the Vikings game? If that's the case and the team hasn't been in contact with them. Why isn't this game being played? Vrabel did learn from Belicheat. Are they gaming the system to get this game pushed back since they were going to be missing some key starters due to injury?

He didnt travel to Minnesota. Problem was letting him back around with others when Titans got back home. Why did they let that happen? The LB coach should have been sent home, away from the team and they would have been fine.

Now two more players have it today ..

Idk how they will even play next week against the Bills. Because this spread to even the practice squad players.

I know you are making the point about him testing positive Saturday ....but he must have just gotten it and wasnt even apart of their walkthru that day. Because there is no way any of the Vikings players didnt get it if thats not the case.

Up to 13 personnel on the Titans now. And this is Friday. I dont see how they play next week against the Bills. We are at the point now where that is only a week away. Takes a full 2 weeks of being away from everyone. Unless they keep testing until they finally stop testing positive and Bills get to play Titans with them having about 10 or more players missing lol. Forget about winning that game.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I've heard talking heads start talking about how the league can get away with trying to reschedule one game but not two, that you'll have to start having the Titans forfeit games. I know that's just talking heads, but how can you forfeit a game in week 5 but not the week 4 game?

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Steelers will now have 3 straight away games because of the Titans. @ Titans , @ Ravens, and @ Cowboys.

Not to mention a bye week when we didnt need it. And Titans had some guys who were hurt already.

Is what it is tho. They better have a chip on their shoulder now because of this.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Steelers will now have 3 straight away games because of the Titans. @ Titans , @ Ravens, and @ Cowboys.

Not to mention a bye week when we didnt need it. And Titans had some guys who were hurt already.

Is what it is tho. They better have a chip on their shoulder now because of this.

I still don’t understand why they just can’t play the game week 18 after the season ends...just move the start of the playoffs back a week...you can have that week for any rescheduled games...if Titans have to postpone another they should forfeit, but it’s unfair to move up the Steelers bye week because of the Titans issues...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I still don’t understand why they just can’t play the game week 18 after the season ends...just move the start of the playoffs back a week...you can have that week for any rescheduled games...if Titans have to postpone another they should forfeit, but it’s unfair to move up the Steelers bye week because of the Titans issues...

I agree. Its too bad the Ravens had week 8 bye and Titans had week 7 one. Along with our week 7 matchup being the Ravens. If not then I would have like to have seen what they would have done. NFL got lucky with this.

Yeah we got screwed but now I hope this pisses them off and they take it out on Titans come week 7...along with Ravens the week after, just for being mentioned in it. Lol

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I've heard talking heads start talking about how the league can get away with trying to reschedule one game but not two, that you'll have to start having the Titans forfeit games. I know that's just talking heads, but how can you forfeit a game in week 5 but not the week 4 game?

Because Art 2 caves to whatever Goodell tells him to do.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
So more cases for TEN which is putting their fame against Buffalo in jeopardy.

I doubt they can keep rescheduling games for TEN...

At what point do they just shut them down permanently???

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Total screw job but I would expect no less from the NFL.

Why the f*** were practice squads expanded if the league was just going to cancel games anyway???

So now the Steelers have to play 13 straight games without a bye, including that brutal 3 game road trip @Titans, @Ravens, @Cowboys...

Roll over Art2, just roll over...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
A puppet of a puppet.

I miss Dan. He wasn't perfect, but he was nobody else's pawn.

Facts

So more cases for TEN which is putting their fame against Buffalo in jeopardy.

I doubt they can keep rescheduling games for TEN...

At what point do they just shut them down permanently???

They don't need to be shutdown permanently. They need to forfeit their next 2 games and get this under control. They would be 3-2 heading into Week 6. Not the worst thing in the world. I get it's not fair but it would make teams take this seriously.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Total screw job but I would expect no less from the NFL.

Why the f*** were practice squads expanded if the league was just going to cancel games anyway???

So now the Steelers have to play 13 straight games without a bye, including that brutal 3 game road trip @Titans, @Ravens, @Cowboys...

Roll over Art2, just roll over...

The flip side is that's 4 straight home games (DEN, HOU, PHI, CLE).

Now what I'm interested to see is what happens with the Week 5 game between the Titans and Bills. If the NFL forces the Titans for forfeit that game, then the Steelers have every right to demand the Titans retroactively forfeit the game now scheduled for Week 7.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
This isn't going to be just Tennessee. Tennessee is the first - I could see this season completely imploding with it running through multiple teams. Not all of these guys are quarantining, many of them have kids in school, they're up close and engaging physically with each other constantly. It' a recipe for disaster. If they wanted a clean season they should've done a bubble.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This isn't going to be just Tennessee. Tennessee is the first - I could see this season completely imploding with it running through multiple teams. Not all of these guys are quarantining, many of them have kids in school, they're up close and engaging physically with each other constantly. It' a recipe for disaster. If they wanted a clean season they should've done a bubble.

To be fair, I said the same thing about baseball and that managed to survive.

Baseball and football are 2 very different sports, but I'll believe the doomsday with sports talk when I actually see it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
To be fair, I said the same thing about baseball and that managed to survive.

Baseball and football are 2 very different sports, but I'll believe the doomsday with sports talk when I actually see it.

Baseball did not have anyone attending.

The NHL isolated the players.

The NFL? Have acted like complete morons all around.

And the worst part? They needed to the least. They are the least gate driven league of them all. Their television contract is what makes them rich.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017

And the worst part? They needed to the least. They are the least gate driven league of them all. Their television contract is what makes them rich.
jerry jones an outlier here with kraft not so far behind

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

The teams that have had a few fans attending the games were nowhere close to the sidelines.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The teams that have had a few fans attending the games were nowhere close to the sidelines.

I wasn't clear. That was a reference to coming nightmares.

The NFL hasn't had that many fans in attendance yet.

But commenting on until now, they are not properly isolating, I see sidelines maskless, and worse, it is a immensely physical contact sport. I have no clue how you can even have games based on the nature of the sport. Especially if you do not keep the players in a bubble like hockey did.

But back to the future nightmare.

Tens of thousands in the stand, queing up to enter the stadium? There is no way to make that safe.

They should have told the players you will isolate, stay in the bubble, like they had in the NHL, for the entire season, if you want to play. You make millions, take it or leave it. It would be the only way that this could be done with any degree of safety.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Ben states the obvious:

“You have to be careful because if you get caught in that game, you’ll try to force someone a ball”, he said about the idea of trying to keep any one player ‘happy’. “I’ve done it in the past, and sometimes it leads to bad things. I don’t predetermine going into it, but I think the biggest thing that shows is that I trust each guy. Each guy can make a play for this team. And depending on the situation, that’s kind of how it unfolds”.

No spoiler here on who the culprit might be. :naughty:

Ben Roethlisberger: 'You Have To Be Careful' Of Monitoring Targets, Admits 'I've Done It In The Past, And Sometimes It Leads To Bad Things' - Steelers Depot

Reactions: Shockmaster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad