OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Mike Tomlin = Groundhog Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This isn't going to be just Tennessee. Tennessee is the first - I could see this season completely imploding with it running through multiple teams. Not all of these guys are quarantining, many of them have kids in school, they're up close and engaging physically with each other constantly. It' a recipe for disaster. If they wanted a clean season they should've done a bubble.

They've done a pretty good job so far. Almost 4 weeks and only 1 team out of 32 has shit the bed.

Handling this was easy and of course the NFL screwed it up. Titans should be forced to forfeit 2 games so they can get it under control. They will be 3-2 heading into Week 6. Probably still in 1st in their division or close. Honestly it would probably benefit them to have 2 weeks off with all the injuries they already have and then keeping their bye. Opposed to cramming all these games in. It would also send a stern message to the rest of the league. Take it seriously or you will have to forfeit games. Message they have sent is screw up and we are just going to push games back. This is going to become a mess real quick.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Ben states the obvious:

“You have to be careful because if you get caught in that game, you’ll try to force someone a ball”, he said about the idea of trying to keep any one player ‘happy’. “I’ve done it in the past, and sometimes it leads to bad things. I don’t predetermine going into it, but I think the biggest thing that shows is that I trust each guy. Each guy can make a play for this team. And depending on the situation, that’s kind of how it unfolds”.

No spoiler here on who the culprit might be. :naughty:

Ben Roethlisberger: 'You Have To Be Careful' Of Monitoring Targets, Admits 'I've Done It In The Past, And Sometimes It Leads To Bad Things' - Steelers Depot

885f88da733a9d78790a1aeeda658049_crop_exact.jpg

Reactions: TNT87 and Al Smith

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
I still don’t understand why they just can’t play the game week 18 after the season ends...just move the start of the playoffs back a week...you can have that week for any rescheduled games...if Titans have to postpone another they should forfeit, but it’s unfair to move up the Steelers bye week because of the Titans issues...
Sounds crazy but I wouldn't bet against fantasy football as the driving force behind this decision. If you you move an extra game to the end it wipes out pretty much every FF league playoffs. With TV ratings the primary revenue generator this year that could drop a lot of eyeballs from games. Just my conspiracy theory for the day...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Reactions: Pengwins and TNT87

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
this is why I said the NFL should be moving any rescheduled games to the end of the season...it doesn’t make sense to have to move bye weeks and change teams’ schedules as this comes up...it’s difficult to do
Maybe they’ll end up doing that and the Steelers will get their original bye week back?

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
this is why I said the NFL should be moving any rescheduled games to the end of the season...it doesn’t make sense to have to move bye weeks and change teams’ schedules as this comes up...it’s difficult to do

I was going to write that I can't believe they didn't game plan this out, but honestly I can believe it . . .

Reactions: Andy99 and TNT87

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Practice squad player.

I suspect the Steelers will cut him.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

I've been saying this and it's not their whole season. They need to forfeit 2 games and quarantine everyone for 2 weeks. Instead of trying to drag this out like they are playing next week. They would be 3-2 heading into Week 6. Probably still on top of their division with all their games against division opponents. They would control their destiny. Yes, it would suck for playoff seeding. But 1) Doesn't matter with no fans and 2) They could get 2 weeks off and their bye. Opposed to trying to cram 13 games in a row while giving up their bye. While their competition would be on 12 games with bye in hand. Then whatever happens with playoff seeding. So other teams could have 2-3 weeks off while the Titans would have to play 14 games in a row. Assuming they play 1st week of playoffs. It makes no sense big picture.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I expect the season to go into February and the superbowl to be held in the spring. Also I wouldn't be surprised if NFL forces teams to go into a bubble to finish off the season and/or playoffs.

If they did do a bubble I think they should do a divisional bubble and then have teams go to a new bybble every 4-8 weeks.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I expect the season to go into February and the superbowl to be held in the spring. Also I wouldn't be surprised if NFL forces teams to go into a bubble to finish off the season and/or playoffs.

If they did do a bubble I think they should do a divisional bubble and then have teams go to a new bybble every 4-8 weeks.

We'll have to wait and see how bad it spreads with other teams. If the Patriots and Chiefs positives stop and it was only isolated to one player and never spread. I think the NFL is going to have to take a long hard look at the Titans and their 18 positives and growing. Obviously negligent. They really might find them in violation of breaking protocols and make them forfeit two weeks and quarantine and get it right. As they should.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Such an easy W for the Ravens today. Hopefully Cleveland loses, Chubb being hurt isn’t good for them.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Such an easy W for the Ravens today. Hopefully Cleveland loses, Chubb being hurt isn’t good for them.
Ok, I guess Cleveland is going to win today too. Can’t count on the NFC East for any help - I just hope the Steelers don’t screw it up against the Eagles next week. They kinda suck against them the past few times they’ve played.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
For a rook, Herbert has looked really good since he stepped on the field.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Browns are steamrolling “dem boys” with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers at RB.

The Steelers haven’t played anyone yet with a solid O or D and it looks like the AFC North is Baltimore or Cleveland’s to lose. Fitzpatrick has disappeared this year and he’s supposed to be the straw that stirs the drink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad