OT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Mike Tomlin = Groundhog Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Philly sucks this year. Not at all concerned about them and WR1 Greg Ward...

I'm concerned about any team that hasn't lost every game until proven otherwise. Tomlin was doing pretty good with the known. Now we are being thrown the unknown. I can see him screwing this up as far as preparation; rest, practice, etc. Like when for the longest he insisted on flying to the west coast the day before games instead of a few days before to get adjusted. Just silly stuff like that. He's going to have to come up with ideas on the fly now and I'm sure they will be bad.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Apparently the game was pushed back because the Titans had another positive. Which I guess makes sense. It will be interesting to see what happens now though. I will find it hard to believe that will be the last one on the Titans. If so.. This just seems like a move by the NFL to flex a really good matchup out of 1pm to MNF. They had the 0-3 Falcons on MNF this week.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh wow. I thought it was postponed? Not postponed 1 day. I guess that's the definition. :laugh:

I was hoping for an early bye week.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He gets his hands on the QB all game. I’m not sure what his hurry total is, but I’m guessing significant.

When I saw he only had 3.5 sacks I was shocked because he's been way more disruptive than that. I haven't looked at the schedule, but there are going to be a few games where I guarantee he has 3 or 4 sacks. He is playing next level football right now. He can smell that pile of money waiting for him.

EDIT: Joe Burrow has been sacked 14 times - I think I have found TJ's 2 games. And TJ has 6 TFL - only being Vince Williams with 8.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Wentz has been sacked the most in the league. And they have 3 of their 5 OL starters out of the lineup.

Thing is tho we are spreading out the sacks more than we have the past few years. Thats the whole point with Butler's D. Confusion. It is just so complex you need to have starters that have been in that system for years. We are now seeing that with our front 7. This group has been together for awhile. And with Bud finally figuring it out.. Its allowing them to do much more with it.

Watt "could" be the type that leads the league in sacks but I dont know if he will since they bring so many others in as well. Who knows tho, right now they are on pace for 80 sacks.

For selfish reasons I would like for him not to set records tho, lets wait until he signs his contract for that. Keep spreading things out for others to rack up stats.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I can’t watch the Steelers game now since it’s local broadcast only (at least I usually see some plays on NFL Redzone). :mad:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Some of the comments and thought in this thread are exactly the kind that haunt Tomlin year in and year out...

We’re already looking past the Titans to the Eagles and brushing them off because they “suck” this year...

This game against the Titans is going to be the toughest one this season and there is a very good chance that they will lose that game and then a struggling team like the Eagles are EXACTLY the type of team that Tomlin overlooks and loses to every year.

The game being Monday night would certainly be preferable, especially since the Eagles play Sunday night. Steelers will have extra time to prepare for Tennessee and then a somewhat short week to get ready for the Eagles.

But, IMO, the game should go on as scheduled. The Titans knew the precautions that they were to take to avoid this and obviously someone screwed the pooch. Practice squads were made bigger for this very reason. Sit the players who are infected, bring in the PS players, and let’s have a game.

But alas, as SG already mentioned, anything out of the ordinary that happens this season will be yet another excuse for Mikey Aviators...

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
The Eagles are so bad they chose a tie over going for a win against the winless Bengals with a rookie QB and OL made of wet toilet paper.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
9-7 probably gets us in. So he honestly only needs to go 6-7 the rest of the way for the season to be a success. I see 11-5, which I would be more than happy with.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Steelers.com just now reporting game will be postponed to a "date later in the season." Says another Titans player and another staffer have tested positive this morning.

I realize that Monday is a "later date" but I read this as "not being played this week." Story says "game scheduled for Week 4 will be rescheduled." So, not just postponed?

NFL: Steelers-Titans to be rescheduled

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Steelers.com just now reporting game will be postponed to a "date later in the season." Says another Titans player and another staffer have tested positive this morning.

I realize that Monday is a "later date" but I read this as "not being played this week."

It was going to be Sunday if no more positives. Then there was one more so it was going to be Monday. Now if there's more it's going to be a later date. Because they don't have it under control. They are just going to get the Steelers sick anyways.

As lame as it sounds. Titans should have to forfeit. Cramming a game in later in the season is just as bad as playing Tuesday for the Steelers. It would send a stern message to the rest of the teams. Take this seriously or it's going to cost you games.

Reactions: wheelz87

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It was going to be Sunday if no more positives. Then there was one more so it was going to be Monday. Now if there's more it's going to be a later date. Because they don't have it under control. They are just going to get the Steelers sick anyways.

As lame as it sounds. Titans should have to forfeit. Cramming a game in later in the season is just as bad as playing Tuesday for the Steelers. It would send a stern message to the rest of the teams. Take this seriously or it's going to cost you games.

I tend to agree about the forfeit, and I think it's defensible from the league's perspective because just because you are able to finesse the schedule to have a bye week for these two teams this week doesn't mean that's going to hold up because who knows if/when another team has an outbreak. I understand they want to play the games but from an operations standpoint a forfeit alleviates a lot of potential headaches.

That said, do we know it's the Titans' "fault" that COVID reached their locker room? Doubt the team or league is gonna say anything official, but are there rumors of breaking protocols? (I'm in Twitter jail so can't troll the site for rumors.)

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad