GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Imagine how much the Steelers would have lost by

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
And it's funny how people are scared of the browns and Bengals because they drafted a few players who were good in college. Give browns and Bengals 5 first round picks and the Steelers would still be a heavy favorite.

Draft picks don't matter. Coaching matters. Browns and Bengals are still the browns and Bengals, regardless if they drafted a Heisman winner or not.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I don't understand the RB pick. What's the point of drafting a backup RB when we already have 3 backup RBs behind Conner?
Seems like a waste of a pick.

If McFarland does what he's been labeled as

Samuels will probably get cut in Training Camp. Especially with how we don't utilize him appropriately.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Not so sure drafting 2 kids from a team that lost 59-0 at home in a game they canceled class for is a great idea but whatever, do you Steelers.

Reactions: Andy99

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
There goes our ILB/S hybrid.

Antoine Brooks is an in the box thumper.

Good run stopper, reads run plays well.

Can't cover much tho.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Yeah in all honesty they do bring in some good players. Just as a whole, that program is a laughing stock who is lucky to be outshined by another laughing stock in Rutgers in the B1G East.

the annual tradition of them running their mouths and then losing to PSU by 60 never gets old. Can’t wait for it to happen again this year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like all of our picks
Me too mate.

Brooks, I love how he reads plays and just knows where the ball is going to be and is right there. Our defense was damn near elite and just adding some of these weapons even the offensive line as well..

f***, can't wait for the season.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Me too mate.

Brooks, I love how he reads plays and just knows where the ball is going to be and is right there. Our defense was damn near elite and just adding some of these weapons even the offensive line as well..

If Highsmith does what I think he is capable of when Dupree leaves after this yr we shouldn't miss a beat at that position either.

Might even improve.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Me too mate.

Yea, I'm on the same boat. They picked players that provide depth and provide variety we are missing. I'm pretty excited to see how they contribute.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I would have traded back and got Dobbins, Akers, or the guy we got. I wanted Kindley as future guard. Biadasz as future center. I liked Trevis Gipson as edge prospect and Quartney Davis as late round deep threat. Albert O as future TE.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So, that kicker has a Three Percenter tattoo. That's going to very problemat- wait, what? He's going to play in Boston? Never mind.
Yeah I saw that too. That bloke was like "i thought it supported the military..." Nah mate. We know you knew what it was about. Figures he's a Patriot.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
nobody cares

Since I was right about last year's draft I figured I'd give you my expert opinion.

But keep listening to Tomlin. He watches more Terp games than any scout in the country and thinks he can turn water into wine. Too lazy to look at other players. DMV players suck at football. I'll stick with Texas, PA, Florida, etc.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Since I was right about last year's draft I figured I'd give you my expert opinion.

But keep listening to Tomlin. He watches more Terp games than any scout in the country and thinks he can turn water into wine. Too lazy to look at other players. DMV players suck at football. I'll stick with Texas, PA, Florida, etc.

Takes a minimum 2-3 years to judge a draft bro.

You need to be careful pounding your chest or you could look like this tool who was obsessed with proving Bell was a bad pick. Never seen anything like it from the draft geeks I had to endure year after year on the only Steelers MB I occasionally visit.

Dude pounded his chest after Bell’s rookie season and literally wrote a huge essay at the end of the season detailing how he was right about Bell and breaking down stats and other BS... I didn’t hate myself enough to read it, but discovered from other posts, he insisted since Bell finished under 4 YPC as a rookie, it proved him right and that stat was a definitive predictor of all RBs after their first season robble robble robble.

By the end of Bell’s third season this cat was in hysterics trying to defend his self-appointed draft guru status and had some comical meltdowns when people pounded him about Bell.

I guess if you want to step in that same lane, cool. Just be careful if DJ turns into a dynamic player, because people (not me, not my style) will never let you forget it.

The Steelers passing offense heavily feeds the X and that guy is DJ... so if Roth gets back to normal...

Reactions: OswaldBates

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Takes a minimum 2-3 years to judge a draft bro.

You need to be careful pounding your chest or you could look like this tool who was obsessed with proving Bell was a bad pick. Never seen anything like it from the draft geeks I had to endure year after year on the only Steelers MB I occasionally visit.

Dude pounded his chest after Bell’s rookie season and literally wrote a huge essay at the end of the season detailing how he was right about Bell and breaking down stats and other BS... I didn’t hate myself enough to read it, but discovered from other posts, he insisted since Bell finished under 4 YPC as a rookie, it proved him right and that stat was a definitive predictor of all RBs after their first season robble robble robble.

By the end of Bell’s third season this cat was in hysterics trying to defend his self-appointed draft guru status and had some comical meltdowns when people pounded him about Bell.

I guess if you want to step in that same lane, cool. Just be careful if DJ turns into a dynamic player, because people (not me, not my style) will never let you forget it.

The Steelers passing offense heavily feeds the X and that guy is DJ... so if Roth gets back to normal...

Thing is I never said DJ wouldn't be good. I said he isn't who we needed. I was proven right this draft. If DJ was the answer then they don't draft a Metcalf clone this year...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Thing is I never said DJ wouldn't be good. I said he isn't who we needed. I was proven right this draft. If DJ was the answer then they don't draft a Metcalf clone this year...

Bro... if they took Metcalf last year, they would have been forced to draft an X this year.

Watch the All-22 on Metcalf... he’s not an X or even close to one. The Hawks had him mostly running two routes right through the second half of the season.

Go look for yourself.

So not sure what logic you are applying here about being right.

This offense can’t run properly without a good-very good X at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad