GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Imagine how much the Steelers would have lost by

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Mark isn't a biased yinzer. This is my point it was a deep draft and everybody in our division got better while we didn't. Drafted two players on a 3-9 Terps team :banana:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
i dont disagree but if there is any position where a committee can work its Rb.

Also IIRC im a bit higher on Snell.

Snell is too slow for my liking, but I thought Samuels could be a three down back so... ya.

Mark isn't a biased yinzer. This is my point it was a deep draft and everybody in our division got better while we didn't. Drafted two players on a 3-9 Terps team :banana:

Steelers have been getting mostly good grades all around for this draft... reaching for a Kaboly tweet to make yourself look right is a massive stretch.

I could pull up some of his tweets on the great Duck Hodges if that helps you out any... one might include a reference to Favre...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Snell is too slow for my liking, but I thought Samuels could be a three down back so... ya.

Steelers have been getting mostly good grades all around for this draft... reaching for a Kaboly tweet to make yourself look right is a massive stretch.

I could pull up some of his tweets on the great Duck Hodges if that helps you out any... one might include a reference to Favre...

I agree with Snell/Samuels. Samuels would be fine and we wasted a pick on a headcase version of him.

PFF has the best draft breakdowns I've seen.

Bengals - A.

Browns - A+.

Ravens - B. Which I disagree with I'd give them A.

Steelers - B- with factoring Minkah. The worst of them all.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Oh man I was starting to forget about the disaster that was Donte Moncrief. They never should have signed that doofus in the first place. This organization has been too good at drafting and developing WRs to need to sign any FAs.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I agree with Snell/Samuels. Samuels would be fine and we wasted a pick on a headcase version of him.

Bengals - A.

Browns - A+.

if our grade is worse “factoring minkah” then thats the worst analysis ive seen. We have a budding star safety and everyone else has question marks.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Bengals - A.

Browns - A+.

Remember last year at this time how someone ‘round here declared the Browns the new supreme rulers?

How did that work out?

Bengals literally picked first in every round... guess why. I’d hope they had a good draft.

Ravens are the Ravens and are one of the best run org in football. That’s life.

It was fun when we owned them for years or were near equal. Now they will dominate the Steelers for a long long time so that is not fun

Oh the drama.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Bro... if they took Metcalf last year, they would have been forced to draft an X this year.

Watch the All-22 on Metcalf... he’s not an X or even close to one.

This offense can’t run properly without a good-very good X at a minimum.

Snap breakdown proves this is a lie. Metcalf had more snaps on the outside than DJ.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Remember last year at this time how someone ‘round here declared the Browns the new supreme rulers?

How did that work out?

Bengals literally picked first in every round... guess why. I’d hope they had a good draft.

Ravens are the Ravens and are one of the best run org in football. That’s life.

I never crowned the Browns. I'm not going to crown the Bengals yet either. Dolphins had all those 1st round picks and had a horrible draft imo. Tua isn't the answer and has some serious injuries. Draft of playmakers and they got an injured QB and o-line. Horrible. With all that said, Ravens had a great draft. They were already arguably better than us and got better. Players fell to them and they took them.

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019

Bengals - A.

Browns - A+.

PFF sucks big hairy Donkey Balls

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Snap breakdown proves this is a lie. Metcalf had more snaps on the outside than DJ.

A lie? You seriously want to go there... ok.

Tell me what routes Metcalf was running.

He wasn’t an X.

Hawks knew he was raw and let him do what he was good at - run fast.

NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

This is what an Xs route tree looks like:

NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

Feel free to apologize any time you like.

I never crowned the Browns. I'm not going to crown the Bengals yet either. Dolphins had all those 1st round picks and had a horrible draft imo. Tua isn't the answer and has some serious injuries. Draft of playmakers and they got an injured QB and o-line. Horrible. With all that said, Ravens had a great draft. They were already arguably better than us and got better. Players fell to them and they took them.

I never said you crowned the Browns, I said someone else here did, but I don’t generally call people out by name over that kind of stuff.

Browns and Bengals had high picks like they always do... they usually get good draft grades... then the season starts.

Reactions: Rave7215

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
A lie? You seriously want to go there... ok.

Tell me what routes Metcalf was running.

He wasn’t an X.

Hawks knew he was raw and let him do what he was good at - run fast.

NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

This is what an Xs route tree looks like:

NGS | NFL Next Gen Stats

Feel free to apologize any time you like.

I don't care about what type of routes they are running. Obviously DJ is a better route runner. I want my guy on the outside to take the top off the defense, demand a double and open things for others, and be able to go up and make combat catches. All of DJs big plays on the outside came from defensive breakdowns.

metcalf.jpg

dj.jpg

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don't care about what type of routes they are running. Obviously DJ is a better route runner. I want my guy on the outside to take the top off the defense, demand a double and open things for others, and be able to go up and make combat catches. All of DJs big plays on the outside came from defensive breakdowns.

metcalf.jpg

dj.jpg

Uh, sure. DJ got lucky then?

You keep missing the point... again and again and again...

Metcalf can’t run a full route tree... his route tree is severely limited... DJ runs a full route tree required of an X.

Steelers offense 100% absolutely needs an X to function properly.

I’ve explained this over and over again for a year.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Uh, sure. DJ got lucky then?

You keep missing the point... again and again and again...

Metcalf can’t run a full route tree... his route tree is severely limited... DJ runs a full route tree required of an X.

Steelers offense 100% absolutely needs an X to function properly.

I’ve explained this over and over again for a year.

Offense was it best with Martavis Bryant at x running one route so I disagree.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Offense was it best with Martavis Bryant at x running one route so I disagree.

Bro... he was never an X... it was always Brown.

Typically, A.B. is the ‘X’ receiver,” Roethlisberger said after that game. “No matter what you call, A.B. is always at X. Anyone else can come in. But A.B. always has his position. Tonight we had four or five guys play ‘X.’ ”

Tim Benz: Steelers explain plan to deploy WRs without Antonio Brown | TribLIVE.com

You obviously don’t understand what you are typing.

Other people here do understand and I’m telling you now if DJ breaks out you are going to get hammered... hard.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Bro... he was never an X... it was always Brown.

Tim Benz: Steelers explain plan to deploy WRs without Antonio Brown | TribLIVE.com

You obviously don’t understand what you are typing.

Other people here do understand and I’m telling you now if DJ breaks out you are going to get hammered... hard.

I finally google'd this x y z bullshit you've been spewing. Your arguing about who lines up on the line of scrimmage really? You look at any x y z breakdown and most offenses have their x on the left outside.

Instead of explaining the difference between an X and a Z receiver, which is nearly impossible, let's go over the advantages and disadvantages of each position. A receiver on the line of scrimmage can release immediately into his route, and he is in good position to block his defender at the line. On the downside, he can be jammed easily. A receiver a yard or two in the backfield has extra space to beat a jam, which is why smaller receivers are often "flankers."

By definition DJ would be a flanker.

Watch Metcalfs highlights. He's getting jammed at the line and not the flanker. So yes, he's a X.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I have been reading about Brooks. He really fits that hybrid role the Steelers are looking for. He's a safety that plays up around the line of scrimmage. It will be interesting to see what they do with him.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I finally google'd this x y z bullshit you've been spewing. Your arguing about who lines up on the line of scrimmage really? You look at any x y z breakdown and most offenses have their x on the left outside.

By definition DJ would be a flanker.

Watch Metcalfs highlights. He's getting jammed at the line and not the flanker. So yes, he's a X.

No one here gives a f*** about DK Metcalf.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I have been reading about Brooks. He really fits that hybrid role the Steelers are looking for. He's a safety that plays up around the line of scrimmage. It will be interesting to see what they do with him.

I heard the same thing with Edmunds. Apparently he was going to be the Gronk stopper. Not one other player drafted on that horrible Terps team but I'm sure we got two gems :sarcasm:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I heard the same thing with Edmunds. Apparently he was going to be the Gronk stopper. Not one other player drafted on that horrible Terps team but I'm sure we got two gems :sarcasm:

Who is "we?" You have quite literally never said a positive thing about the Steelers.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I can see the Maryland thing is going to be the next topic that gets talked about nonstop. Can’t wait for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad