GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
Interesting Friday night in the ACC; Duke and UNC both got upset. Tomorrow Bama plays Miami, Clemson plays Georgia. Pitt plays UMass in a game that will probably be frustratingly close for no reason whatsoever.

Reactions: KIRK

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm watching Penn State-Wisconsin. I'm a Wisconsin fan. Is there any team that has more predictable playcalling? Paul Cryst is totally delusional.

8 pass attempts half way through the 2nd quarter. How do you beat a quality team like this?

Annnnnnnnd they drew up a read option on 3rd and 6, resulting in a fumble.

Last edited:

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'm watching Penn State-Wisconsin. I'm a Wisconsin fan. Is there any team that has more predictable playcalling? Paul Cryst is totally delusional.

8 pass attempts half way through the 2nd quarter. How do you beat a quality team like this?

Absolutely pathetic game

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

That’s been the recipe for success for them for years. You know they don’t recruit QBs or skill positions players

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Guess it’s better than 30, and he had a pretty full life. At least that’s what I told myself when cancer took my mom at 60.

About all you can do to find a silver lining.

Tunch was an amazing individual. I really enjoyed him,he and my dad were close friends so I had the opportunity to get to know him.

Very upbeat, positive guy. Tragic when life is cut short. BTW - F*** cancer.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Who will be calling games for the Steelers on the radio this season? I never listen to games since I go to the home games and watch the road games on tv.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Who will be calling games for the Steelers on the radio this season? I never listen to games since I go to the home games and watch the road games on tv.

Hillgrove and Wolfley. Will be unlistenable. Be interesting to see if Wolf corrects all the errors Hillgrove makes the way Tunch did.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Would be interesting to see all the people who have been in the Steelers broadcast booth.

All I can recall were Fleming, Cope, Hoge and Ilkin.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sad about Tunch, will miss hearing his voice and thoughts on the game/players. Him, Wolf and Hillgrove were a good bunch together.

RIP.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I actually really enjoyed the radio play by play. Quality stuff. Hillgrove has a good voice for it. Tunch brought a lot, though. We’ll see how well wolf does in the booth. I had no clue starks had been doing broadcasting work for a few years now.

Reactions: JTG

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Wow thanks for this. I will slim read but save and read in bits and pieces. It’s crazy to think that all of this development in media tech has happened in just the last 100 years.

Ya, it’s a nice little history lesson not just on Steelers broadcasting, but how radio broadcasting was birthed in Pgh with the the help of people like Conrad and Horne’s dept. store.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad