OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Good Riddance, I say

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe. I dunno, Kirk, the Jags gave us a lot of help to find the way to win today. We made a bunch of mistakes that would be difference makers normally.

You’re more confident than I.

No, I absolutely get that.

The fact that we won anyway is why I said we're charmed.

We'll see how it holds up. Two trap game trips west, and those three hell games against SD, NE, and NO.

I said coming into this 6 game stretch, starting with today's game, that IF the Steelers ended up 4-2, then they'd have my attention. 5-1, and I'd know they're a legit contender against anyone. 3-3 or worse, and same old Steelers.

Well, they're 1-0. 5 more to go. We'll see . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm about as conservative as it gets with 2 point conversions. I hate chasing points. But it was the right call. It's about the feel of the game and we weren't creating anything. Low scoring, defensive games I actually believe you have to be more agressive, because you don't get too many opportunities. Making it a 1 score game there would have been huge.

Exactly. As I said, most coaches would've done it under those circumstances.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm not even going to bother going in depth. Trash performance for 3+ quarters and reading this thread today was worse then reading Pens GDT's. Tomlin bailed out yet again by the players.

Conner has his first poor game of the year and people shit on him like's he's been a bum all year. It happens. He's been a f***ing stud all season and very few people have faced the music but are ever so quick to jump on his back now. Weak.

Yinzers:

tenor.gif

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think Tomlin is a ******* idiot.

That said, I have no issue with (a) going for 2 after the TD, (b) not calling the timeout before the 2 minute warning (creating a disincentive for a play action call where they could hit Fournette coming out of the backfield; that one was about knowing Marrone would trust his D), and (c) waiting until the last play to call a run.

Only thing I'll say is Ben himself said he wasn't the first or second option on his TD run.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As long as this game was 2 scores, I really didn't get the class clowns calling for a QB change.

Before I forget, in a game like this, press coverage, JuJu was fighting for everything. I wish Ben had looked to him earlier instead of forcing crap to AB.

Someone said during the game AB struggles with press against big CB's. That's true. Which is why I wonder why they didn't have AB in motion to get a clean release or running isolated crossing routes (like that last catch in the 4th).

So your'e going to keep insulting away huh, I would think that the bolded is against rules, but I must be too dumb to understand them.

If Tomlin had sat Ben for a series and then Ben came back and won that game the media would have hailed him as a genius and a great leader.

You talk a lot in terms like your opinion is the right opinion..............newsflash, it's an opinion. Just like when you belittled my opinion of them kicking the EP, and it almost cost them THE GAME.

Having a bad weekend??? Not getting enough love?? Calling people names on the internet isn't a pathway for happiness.

Kisses to you my friend.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not even going to bother going in depth. Trash performance for 3+ quarters and reading this thread today was worse then reading Pens GDT's. Tomlin bailed out yet again by the players.

Conner has his first poor game of the year and people **** on him like's he's been a bum all year. It happens. He's been a ****ing stud all season and very few people have faced the music but are ever so quick to jump on his back now. Weak.

Yinzers:

tenor.gif

Absolutely weak sauce.

BUT, if AB doesn't catch the ball on the next play and Ben doesn't get in, that drop from Conner is unforgivable. Sorry.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So you are going to keep insulting away huh, I would think the bold'd is against rules, but I must be too dumb to understand them.

If Tomlin had sat Ben for a series and then Ben came back and won that game the media would have hailed him as a genius and a great leader.

You talk a lot in terms like your opinion is the right opinion..............newsflash, it's an opinion. Just like when you belittled my opinion of them kicking the EP, and it almost cost them THE GAME.

Having a bad weekend??? Not getting enough love?? Calling people names on the internet isn't a pathway for happiness.

Kisses to you my friend.

Keep dangling those red herrings, my friend.

You were wrong about pulling Ben. I was right. I don't expect you to learn to love it. But, try getting over it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Only thing I'll say is Ben himself said he wasn't the first or second option on his TD run.

He wasn't.

But it was an option.

And it only was an option because you had that timeout.

(plus given the OL issues, you need to hold that timeout in case of a sack)

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Absolutely weak sauce.

BUT, if AB doesn't catch the ball on the next play and Ben doesn't get in, that drop from Conner is unforgivable. Sorry.

Yeah that was bad. Definitely a horrible game from him. He felt the nerves too. Rubbed off on him. Just glad AB bailed him out. Now get him back on track next week in Denver. Their line and middle LBs are weak.

Btw is this Ben's 3rd or 4th TD run now? Lol...most in his career I think

Reactions: KIRK

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
One of the most undeserved wins I've ever seen, but I think the biggest takeaway here is **** the Jaguars.

Not sure how anyone could say that.

Steelers defense forced like four 3 and outs in a row, which allowed the O to make huge plays on the last two drives to win the game.

Not like they fluked into a TD or got some bad call that handed them the game.

Reactions: td_ice and KIRK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm about as conservative as it gets with 2 point conversions. I hate chasing points. But it was the right call. It's about the feel of the game and we weren't creating anything. Low scoring, defensive games I actually believe you have to be more agressive, because you don't get too many opportunities. Making it a 1 score game there would have been huge.

I'm not arguing the call to go for the 2-pt. I'm arguing the getting 8 makes it a one score game. No it doesn't. Getting a td and a 2-pt conversion is basically 2 scoring plays. Just because you are down by 8 doesn't mean a one score (td) ties it up. You still have the risky 2-pt.

Reactions: John Titor

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Keep dangling those red herrings, my friend.

You were wrong about pulling Ben. I was right. I don't expect you to learn to love it. But, try getting over it.

Whoopee, doesn't make me wrong. Your path and Tomlin's path worked. IT'S AN OPINION

I love how you continually ignore the EP call.... was I SO WRONG on that ONE??

Of course you will come back and say yes.

Go eat some icecream, enjoy yourself

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
That last sequence of play calling was absolutely pathetic. First you let it go down to like 22 seconds AND spike the ball wasting a down. Then you don't try one single f***ing run with a brusier like Conner at your disposal and a TO from the 1. In a game where Ben threw 3 (could have been double that) picks.

The only thing better than Ben getting in there would have been him being down with no time remaining and a loss. Just shit football and we got extremely luck the Jags decided to play it overly safe.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not sure how anyone could say that.

Steelers defense forced like four 3 and outs in a row, which allowed the O to make huge plays on the last two drives to win the game.

Not like they fluked into a TD or got some bad call that handed them the game.

Apparently if you don't win 52-21, it's not deserved.

Ranks right up there with the 'gotta pull Ben even though it's a 2 score game' brilliance.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
How many Jags does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Answer: No one knows because they'll have to put a tarp over it.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That last sequence of play calling was absolutely pathetic. First you let it go down to like 22 seconds AND spike the ball wasting a down. Then you don't try one single ****ing run with a brusier like Conner at your disposal and a TO from the 1. In a game where Ben threw 3 (could have been double that) picks.

The only thing better than Ben getting in there would have been him being down with no time remaining and a loss. Just **** football and we got extremely luck the Jags decided to play it overly safe.

Here's why you don't try the run.

Say you don't get it. Time out. 3rd down.

Time to throw a pass.

BUT, your OL has been a **** show all day.

What if Ben gets sacked.

Nah, I get saving that timeout.

I get your argument, but the idea that it was dead wrong to save that timeout goes a bit too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad