OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Good Riddance, I say

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Jax was so undisciplined at the end there. Multiple penalties

Those could have been TDs if not for those penalties. Wasnt luck. It was a great comeback after Ben playing horrible.

10 for 22 for 60 yards and 3 INTs.

Finished with 314 yards 2TDs, 3INTs and ran that last one in. He stepped up. As did others.

But our Defense also allowed this to happen...which they couldn't do in the playoffs.

I was giving Ben shit all game but he came back and got that monkey off his back.

Helluva win, dont care about the Jags record.

And like I said, we are watching our D grow right before our eyes.

Bingo71 will find something to complain about tho. Remember...team will be 8-7-1.

Reactions: td_ice

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Honestly, was there a specific reason we weren’t running the ball, at least in the 1st half?

Brutally ugly, but will take the win and worry about next week next weekend.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
At least they had the mental fortitude not to fold and to get it done at crunch time....which is more than I can say for the other professional sports team in Pgh currently playing....

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
A win is a win but seriously we are stupid. Awful sequence of play calls and clock management that we got away with. You can't make those mistakes.
They have been the worst clock managed team that I ever seen under Tomlin. No one comes close.

Reactions: ColePens

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Btw glad to see them finally using Hargrave what hes best at...rushing the QB.

About time. Hes not a true NT. Dude had 16 sacks his senior year.

Great game from him. Another player who continues to get better...Sean Davis too. Great this year. Just need Burns back but they wont give him that chance.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Yeah couldn't care less how it got done. Especially since its a team that wass in their heads. It usally takes an ugly one to get past it. And they did.

The way they won will do even more for them going forward. The fact that it was our D that kept em in it. Giving Ben that chance to bounce back and play great in the end. Thats what matters .

These types of wins are needed at times. 52-21 wins like last week can make teams overconfident.

But ill take that next week.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Oh yea Kirk, FYI

If they had kicked that extra point, they would have only needed a FG to WIN.

But THEY HAD TO GO FOR 2???

No, it was a decision that I disagreed with and some laughed at my thought process. That's what's wrong with message board and much of life.... can't go against the herd or you are castigated and ridiculed.

God Bless America

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad