OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Good Riddance, I say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
To parlay potential frustration Sunday: I just put $$$ on the Jags +5. Don't care how bad they've struggled. Steelers suck against them traditionally and still need to prove they can beat them.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Seeing how awful Mike McCarthey is and seeing what he is doing with the best QB by far to ever play, really makes me appreciate Mike Tomlin. He may be frustrating at times, but atleast he ain't Mike McCarthey

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how f***ing lucky we are to have Mike Munchak. Yes, our starting OL is made up of some really good players but we've faced numerous injuries and guys like Hubbard (now in Cleveland) Finney, Feiler, etc have all stepped up and we've generally never missed a beat under Munchak. Turned Gilbert into a borderline Pro Bowler. He doesn't get a lot of fanfare but that was a huge addition for us.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how ****ing lucky we are to have Mike Munchak. Yes, our starting OL is made up of some really good players but we've faced numerous injuries and guys like Hubbard (now in Cleveland) Finney, Feiler, etc have all stepped up and we've generally never missed a beat under Munchak. Turned Gilbert into a borderline Pro Bowler. He doesn't get a lot of fanfare but that was a huge addition for us.

I really hope other teams continue not to notice.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Coach Munch is an absolute gem. That said, not sure if head coaching is for him. I think OL coach suits him best.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how ****ing lucky we are to have Mike Munchak. Yes, our starting OL is made up of some really good players but we've faced numerous injuries and guys like Hubbard (now in Cleveland) Finney, Feiler, etc have all stepped up and we've generally never missed a beat under Munchak. Turned Gilbert into a borderline Pro Bowler. He doesn't get a lot of fanfare but that was a huge addition for us.
Munchak was a breath of fresh air for this o-line. I'm so happy the Steelers have him.

Reactions: TNT87

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Apparently the Jets are getting ready to drop 60 mil guaranteed on Bell when UFA starts.

Omg I hope so much it happens, with that shit Oline.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Apparently the Jets are getting ready to drop 60 mil guaranteed on Bell when UFA starts.

Omg I hope so much it happens, with that **** Oline.

And that guaranteed amount will be the totality of what remains of his career earnings.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Gilbert & Tuitt are out Sunday.

That is NOT good. They need all the help they can get to finally beat Jacksonville. When it comes to the lines - good luck to Feiler handling Calais. And even with all our bodies healthy, our D-line struggled mightily and was a big reason for the losses to them last year.

The beacons of hope are the improved run D and a weakened Jags O-line. Need to stay strong and take advantage.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gilbert & Tuitt are out Sunday.

That is NOT good. They need all the help they can get to finally beat Jacksonville. When it comes to the lines - good luck to Feiler handling Calais. And even with all our bodies healthy, our D-line struggled mightily and was a big reason for the losses to them last year.

The beacons of hope are the improved run D and a weakened Jags O-line. Need to stay strong and take advantage.

Gilbert has been out for a few weeks already. Feiler has been fine, including against some good rushers.

The bigger concern is Tuitt.

Reactions: Andy99

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Omg I hope so much it happens, with that **** Oline.

Doubt it. NFL/owners aren't going to allow that. Plus, a lot can change in that time.

Wish we could find the Munchak of DBs.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He was offered a OC job last year and turned it down to stay

I'm not sure if that was it (nothing I found via a quick google), but he definitely removed himself from consideration for the Cardinals job this past offseason:

Another interesting tidbit: Munchak walked as Titans HC when, after going 22-26 in 3 seasons with Jake LOL Locker as QB, they offered him a 3 year extension for double pay IF he'd can pretty much all of his assistants:

On Munchak passing on an extension offer

Sounds to me like his interest is in being a HC again but only in the right situation.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I just saw that after 9 games Conner has already tied Bell’s career high for total TD’s in a season. Already passed Bell’s career high for rushing TD’s in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad